• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Toilet Talk

They haven't thought this through. What about a disabled person being assisted? Could get doused.

Public toilets planned for a seaside town will include design features aimed at deterring vandalism, rough sleepers and sexual activity.

Plans for the facilities in Porthcawl's Griffin Park include weight-sensitive floors to ensure one user at a time.

Violent movement would activate a water jet to soak users, automatically open the doors and sound an alarm.

Responsibility for Porthcawl's public toilets has been transferred from Bridgend council to the town council.

Plans say people would be able to use the cubicles for a set time to deter rough sleepers, dousing equipment would be installed to prevent smoking and drug-taking and walls and floors would be graffiti-resistant.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-49372069

Jeezus, there is no chance in hell i would go near those buggers, so many things can go wrong, can you imagine the doors opening as you are sitting on the toilet, nope, no way are those gonna be popular, i would sooner piss myself

Jeezus, there is no chance in hell i would go near those buggers, so many things can go wrong, can you imagine the doors opening as you are sitting on the toilet, nope, no way are those gonna be popular, i would sooner piss myself
Perhaps they haven't worked all the bugs, give them time. Just image all that going off while in the middle of a whicked sh*t.

They haven't thought this through. What about a disabled person being assisted? Could get doused.

Public toilets planned for a seaside town will include design features aimed at deterring vandalism, rough sleepers and sexual activity.

Plans for the facilities in Porthcawl's Griffin Park include weight-sensitive floors to ensure one user at a time.

Violent movement would activate a water jet to soak users, automatically open the doors and sound an alarm.

Responsibility for Porthcawl's public toilets has been transferred from Bridgend council to the town council.

Plans say people would be able to use the cubicles for a set time to deter rough sleepers, dousing equipment would be installed to prevent smoking and drug-taking and walls and floors would be graffiti-resistant.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-49372069

If not for vandalism, rough sleeping and toilet sex, what would one do in Wales?

maximus otter

So have we to take it that anyone that shits on a bus has mental health problems ?

Scientists develop slippery toilet coating to stop poo sticking

Spray-on surface could prevent bacteria building up and reduce household water use

Source: Ian Sample, Science editor, the Guardian

Date: 18 Nov, 2019

The toilet brush need never leave its holder again. Scientists have created a super-slippery coating that helps usher excrement on its way without leaving traces behind.

The spray-on coating, which is slipperier than Teflon, reduces adhesion of even tenacious faeces by up to 90%, tests suggest, so far less water is needed to flush them away and leave the toilet clean.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...lop-slippery-toilet-coating-stop-poo-sticking

:popc: We can merely ponder whether full, 'road testing', will validate its efficaciousness and truly extends to such, "tenacious" extrematies.

The aftermath of a traditional, 'Glasgow marathon' comes to mind - twenty-six pints and three curries later...

:beer::p

Wonderful mental picture...

Scientists develop slippery toilet coating to stop poo sticking

Spray-on surface could prevent bacteria building up and reduce household water use

Source: Ian Sample, Science editor, the Guardian

Date: 18 Nov, 2019

The toilet brush need never leave its holder again. Scientists have created a super-slippery coating that helps usher excrement on its way without leaving traces behind.

The spray-on coating, which is slipperier than Teflon, reduces adhesion of even tenacious faeces by up to 90%, tests suggest, so far less water is needed to flush them away and leave the toilet clean.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...lop-slippery-toilet-coating-stop-poo-sticking

:popc: We can merely ponder whether full, 'road testing', will validate its efficaciousness and truly extends to such, "tenacious" extrematies.

The aftermath of a traditional, 'Glasgow marathon' comes to mind - twenty-six pints and three curries later...

:beer::p
But the whole point of toilet paper is to absorb the nasty stuff .. I remember the 70's toilet paper at school and all it did was spread it around more when you were wiping your arse so you ended up having to use more of the baking paper type stuff to sort yourself out properly .. it's soft paper then wash your hands afterwards .. then rub them on your trousers.

Back