• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Toilet Talk

Here's a great space saving idea for small flats.

Bizarre flat has squat toilet in kitchen

In one end & out the other without budging. It's the way forward.

It looks dangerous. Is there a cover?

An older person wouldn't be able to use that. Well, they could use it. They just wouldn't be able to get back up again afterwards.

I saw a couple of flats in Hong Kong with the toilet-cum-shower separated from the kitchen by a shower curtain.

It looks dangerous. Is there a cover?

An older person wouldn't be able to use that. Well, they could use it. They just wouldn't be able to get back up again afterwards.
It's a 'squat toilet' style popular in many countries, where people are familiar with it.

I may have mentioned this before but I had a squat and drop toilet in my flat in Tokyo which I used for 11 years.

I was younger of course but I had no problem using it and, as we all know (?) squatting is the best position for evacuating ones bowels. I certainly laid some impressive 'cables'

I'll see if I can find some of the photos.

I may have mentioned this before but I had a squat and drop toilet in my flat in Tokyo which I used for 11 years.

I was younger of course but I had no problem using it and, as we all know (?) squatting is the best position for evacuating ones bowels. I certainly laid some impressive 'cables'

I'll see if I can find some of the photos.

Good God, man, we don't need to see that!

Adolf Hitler’s toilet seat is expected to fetch around £15,000 at an upcoming auction. A US soldier grabbed the curious keepsake from the Nazi leader’s private bathroom in his holiday home in the Bavarian Alps. And now his family has decided to cash in on the toilet seat at an auction in Maryland. The auction company said: “One can scarcely imagine the plotting the tyrant undertook while contemplating the world from atop this perch.”

No good unless authenticated. Too much fake Nazi memorabilia these days.
You're right, it needs to have Hitler's signature and a fragment of his poo on it.

There's also no floor in front of it and no easy access.

Redditor shitstainedballsack claims not only to have taken the picture,
It's my photo. I'm a bridge examiner, so I get all over a lot of bridges!
he also says he's used it!

Is that the Forth Rail Bridge? Can you imagine crimping one off in there in the dead of winter?
It would freeze as soon as it hit air. There'd be no crimping at all.

Breaking wind.

High winds in Pittsburgh relocated a portable toilet to the dead center of a busy street Friday—the most exciting thing to occur in the steel city since a bus toppled into a large sinkhole in 2019. Anyone wishing to enjoy a most adventurous poop can find the wandering potty at Morewood and Fifth; keep your eyes peeled for the bomb squad. (↬ Heather)

https://boingboing.net/2021/03/27/portable-toilet-lands-new-home-in-pittsburgh-crosswalk.html

Back