• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Torchwood: Dr Who Spin-Off With Captain Jack

titch said:
*spoiler* would two immortals work? maybe if there is another serious jack will not be in it? Rex is taking over his role? :(
Perhaps it's all about the numbers - if Rex gets better approval ratings than Jack, maybe he'll be the star of another series. If the audience like Jack (serious Jack, as you call him!) better, then he'll stay on as the lead. I reckon it's all about the producers hedging their bets.

I see the American adventure was the final nail in the coffin. It was never Torchwood in that series anyway. I liked it at series two. I miss that Torchwood. I've even started a petition for all the good it will do. I think it could have had a lot more life than it did.

I see the American adventure was the final nail in the coffin. It was never Torchwood in that series anyway. I liked it at series two. I miss that Torchwood. I've even started a petition for all the good it will do. I think it could have had a lot more life than it did.
Yeah, I think it was a real shame they killed it.
Better scriptwriters and a bigger budget could have given it a lot more durability.

You little teases! When I saw the new posts, I assumed (well, hoped, at least) that there was some positive news on Torchwood.

I tend to agree with what you've both written, though - the last series, with the US action and bigger cast, painted itself into something of a corner. Without a bigger budget, or withdrawing back to the much smaller (but effective, IMO) Cardiff locate, the show had nowhere to go.

I'd still like to see Jack back at some point - perhaps a Torchwood-themed couple of episodes of Doctor Who, when it finally returns.

Oh, and after a couple of years, I still feel that the last Torchwood series was at least 4 hours too long!

This will probably upset some-one, but I always thought the Sarah Jane Adventures were watched by grown-ups whilst Torchwood was appreciated by 12 year olds

Back