• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Touching Bronze Statues For Luck

Here is Trim at Euston, looking well stroked -

View attachment 37526

Here he is being stroked by me -
View attachment 37527
You have a woman's hand !! Knew nothing about Matthew Flinders (grandfather of Flinders Petrie), the statue at Euston or the HS2 excavation that revealed the location of his grave - lost by the time his sister-in-law visited the cemetery in 1852.
As for poor old faithful companion Trim, it was Flinder's belief that it had been 'stolen by a hungry slave' in Mauritius. His statue will get a stroke from me when I find it.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...scovered-after-200-years-under-london-station

You have a woman's hand !! Knew nothing about Matthew Flinders (grandfather of Flinders Petrie), the statue at Euston or the HS2 excavation that revealed the location of his grave - lost by the time his sister-in-law visited the cemetery in 1852.
As for poor old faithful companion Trim, it was Flinder's belief that it had been 'stolen by a hungry slave' in Mauritius. His statue will get a stroke from me when I find it.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...scovered-after-200-years-under-london-station
Our friend @titch greets Trim en route to his (frankly excessively frequent) rail-based jaunts. He recently sent me a photo to prove it. :cool:

I didn't know how Trim met his end! :omg:
However, the worst outrage there was the existence of slavery, furthered by the cruelty of hunger. :mad:

The Flinders and Trim memorial is outside the station on the exterior concourse, where the coffee shops are.

But Greyfriars Bobby was a fraud.

Trim was an experienced explorer. He got eaten, for sure, but then human explorers may end up in the pot too.

Back