• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Tourist Killed While Looking For Goatman (Pope Lick Monster; Kentucky)

kamalktk

Antediluvian
Tourist killed by train while stalking legendary ‘Goatman’ monster on Kentucky railroad bridge

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/tou...-goatman-monster-on-kentucky-railroad-bridge/

More details at the link above.

"An Ohio woman was struck and killed by a train while looking for a mythical creature that, according to legend, tricks people into climbing onto a railroad trestle.

Roquel Bain died of multiple blunt-force trauma injures about 7:30 p.m. Saturday when she was struck and then knocked from the trestle in Kentucky, reported WHAS-TV.

The Dayton woman and her boyfriend had been visiting Louisville to take a ghost tour of the disused Waverly Hills Sanitorium, but the couple first decided to investigate the “Pope Lick Monster” urban legend.

“It’s been around for years, even my nieces and nephews used to go and come out here,” said Denise Harris, who lives nearby. “The Goatman, when they climb up on the trestles and they cross it — he’s supposed to come out when they cross it.”

The couple walked onto the Pope Lick Trestle — where the half-man, half-goat creature has allegedly been spotted — but were surprised by a train."

Can we rule out that the goatman pushed her out in front of the train?

The couple walked onto the Pope Lick Trestle — where the half-man, half-goat creature has allegedly been spotted — but were surprised by a train."

Did it creep up on them? Was it wearing an amusing hat?

Poor woman, how sad. Especially since Fort Worth has a Goatman, hate to see goatfolk get a bad rep. Our local Goatman hasn't been "active" since the late 60's, but then he only scared people from afar.

Im always amazed at when people get hit by trains, can they not see and hear them?

Ill prolly get hit by one now *rolleyes*

I wish someone had told me to ' mind the gap ' when i was younger. Hence the username oneunder. It hurt ! ;)

Yeah. Fell down the poxy gap and the train went over me. Doh ! Lost my leg. Years ago now. :)

Sorry to hear that. :(

It's happened again...

Teen Dies in Train Accident While Exploring 'Pope Lick Monster' Site

For the second time in the last three years, tragedy has struck at a Kentucky site said to be the home of a mysterious creature known as the 'Pope Lick Monster.' According to a local media report, a pair of teenage girls were hit by a train on Sunday night while they were exploring a dangerous trestle in the city of Louisville where, legend has it, a proverbial 'goat man' resides. One of the teens perished in the tragic accident and the other was left with serious injuries. The incident comes on the heels of an eerily similar case from 2016 in which a young woman was killed while visiting the Pope Lick Trestle in search of the monster.
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/arti...cident-while-exploring-pope-lick-monster-site

Trains when you are directly ahead of them can be surprisingly quiet.

Ah-HA! so it really is the same "trestle" that I'm familiar with. Triangular legs for a flat surface, usually a table here.

Thank you both!

Ah-HA! so it really is the same "trestle" that I'm familiar with. Triangular legs for a flat surface, usually a table here.

Thank you both!
Yes, a structure that makes it hugely difficult to exit if you are on it and a train comes. Hard to run. This was an illegal action by the teens to trespass, these are strictly off limits for good reason.

@Sharon Hill - well said.

what is the "trestle" that he was exploring?

Here it is...
trestle.jpg

As you can see, there is no escape should a train come along whilst on it.

Dont know about Pope Lick, but a lick of paint would not go amiss.

... As you can see, there is no escape should a train come along whilst on it.

Some trestle bridges have one or more little side-platforms where one can stand clear of the tracks. These are not universally implemented, and on long spans they can be 50 yards or more distant from a pedestrian's possible starting point.

The only guaranteed recourse (other than jumping off) is to climb down to one side and hang onto the structure or rail ties until the train passes by. The next problem lies in hanging on as the heavy train induces strong vibrations in whatever you're clinging to ...

How about laying flat on the sleepers as the train goes over. Would there be enough clearance? Depends on how fat you are of course.

Back