• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Travelling Tweezers

Blunderman

Junior Acolyte
Ok, lets go back about 2 years ago.
I was sitting on the sofa doing some fine repair work on something using a pair of tweezers. I've had these particular tweezers for a long time, they're very distinctive (to me), and very useful as they have really pointy ends. Anyway, I drop the tweezers, I see them fall straight down.
I bend down to pick them up but they're nowhere to be found, not on the floor, not under the sofa, not down between the sofa cushions, not in my clothing, no where, I really like these tweezers as they're really useful as I do a lot of fine modeling work etc so i really go to town searching for them, even in places I know they couldnt/shouldnt be, (just incase they bounced). No sign of them anywhere.
About a year later, I'm in a friends house, (we used to get together to play music), we finish up and I stand up to put my guitar away and out of the corner of my eye I see something fall from my lap.
Yup, it was the tweezers.

I was sitting on the sofa doing some fine repair work on something using a pair of tweezers. I've had these particular tweezers for a long time, they're very distinctive (to me), and very useful as they have really pointy ends. Anyway, I drop the tweezers, I see them fall straight down.
I bend down to pick them up but they're nowhere to be found, not on the floor, not under the sofa, not down between the sofa cushions, not in my clothing, no where, I really like these tweezers as they're really useful as I do a lot of fine modeling work etc so i really go to town searching for them, even in places I know they couldnt/shouldnt be, (just incase they bounced). No sign of them anywhere.
About a year later, I'm in a friends house, (we used to get together to play music), we finish up and I stand up to put my guitar away and out of the corner of my eye I see something fall from my lap.
Time and space displacement by a whole year!
That is weird.

Were you wearing the same clothes as when the tweezers disappeared? and if so, I take it you had worn the clothes in between times

Could they have bounced into your guitar?

I'm sure tweezers are in some way related to teaspoons. I've lost count of the number of tweezers which have been "relocated" from my possession.

Techy asks if it's an electric guitar and if the tweezers might have fallen into the case.

I'm sure tweezers are in some way related to teaspoons. I've lost count of the number of tweezers which have been "relocated" from my possession.

Cosmetic tweezers are important to me. When mine went missing I'd ransack the place for them and the ex would joke that I'd do anything for someone who found them. :sneaky2:

Yes, he was indeed THAT sleazy. :rolleyes:

I'm sure he used to hide them with the intention of producing them just when I was desperate. :mad:

Cosmetic tweezers are important to me. When mine went missing I'd ransack the place for them and the ex would joke that I'd do anything for someone who found them. :sneaky2:

Yes, he was indeed THAT sleazy. :rolleyes:

I'm sure he used to hide them with the intention of producing them just when I was desperate. :mad:

So why are you in such a plucking rush?

Remember Denis Healey? He came second in the National Eyebrows Competition.
Who came first? Freddie Jones?
05f1ab4ce7bcadeb5bd9e4dedd7c6929.jpg

Back