• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Triangular UFO Sightings

When I was a kid, my Mum would send me on delivery errands to one of our neighbours, an old man who'd been an inventor and aviation pioneer. He had a wooden propeller hanging on the wall that he'd made himself back in the early days of flight.
He explained to me that they broke easily, so he'd had to make a few just to be sure. He took that one off the plane after he'd decided to get out of the aircraft inventing game. I think he scrapped the plane or something.

I've used wooden props made for RC planes and the biggest issue is not hitting things. having the prop come in contact with the ground will chip pieces off. According to my Uncle who used to be an aviation mechanic, and was the one who showed me how to build RC planes, they had to be very carefully varnished to make them water-proof. Otherwise the wood would start to rot and spilt when you tried to use it. Apparently checking for cracks was part of the pre-flight checklist.

Triangular UFO spotted again over Texas

A triangle-shaped UFO appears to have been spotted for the third time this year above Texas, in an astonishingly-clear video.

2_ufo-123456.jpg

Video at link below.

The mysterious “craft” was first seen on New Year’s Day in Houston, before being spotted again above a motorway in Bogata last month.

And now, the object has been seen above Seguin in possibly the clearest video yet.

The clip shows a collection of seven lights moving in a triangle formation across the night sky.

A stunned man behind the camera can be heard exclaiming: “What the f***?”

The lights continue on their path and after just a few moments disappear out of sight.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/triangular-ufo-spotted-again-over-21778623

maximus otter

0ecae342ccd377f6c012286d51bb59d0--kilt-men-men-in-kilts_resize_18.jpg

What's the connection?

Only a World Exclusive!

Well, I can't find another copy anywhere. :)

From my archives, this would simply have been saved at the time and no source is attributed.

X-FILES HUNK IN REAL-LIFE CLOSE ENCOUNTER WITH A UFO

X-files star David Duchovny says he really believes in aliens and ghosts and once had a close encounter with a UFO.

Duchovny, who has become TV's hottest new hunk, plays Fox Mulder, an FBI investigator who hunts extraterrestrials on the Fox series. And the 33-year-old bachelor has brains to complement his good looks.

Duchovny is a Princeton graduate, and is close to getting his doctorate in English literature from Yale.

He believes the U.S. government probably has real-life files on unsolved paranormal phenomena and mysterious crimes committed by unknown forces. "My UFO experience wouldn't be in any file because I didn't report it to the authorities,"

Duchovny says, recalling a bizarre sighting 13 years ago. "But I did tell my friends about it because it was rather scary."

Duchovny says the encounter occurred while he was jogging alone along an empty stretch of beach in Ocean City, N.J., in 1982. "I suddenly looked up and I saw this triangular kind of spaceship. It was early morning, and I don't think I took more than a few steps when it just disappeared right out of sight. "It almost looked like a variation of the Stealth bomber except there was no sound coming from it.

One minute it was there, in the sky, in broad daylight, and the next minute it was gone."

Duchovny says there were no other eyewitnesses to his UFO sighting that day, but adds that that doesn't surprise him.

"Aliens can be very tricky," he says. "They come after you when you're alone. There wasn't another soul on the beach that day.

"It's as thought once 'they' see you, it's, 'Hey, let's scare this guy.' I think it's some sort of game with them. What I do know for sure is that whatever I saw, it got the hell out of there real fast."

The former college basketball star says he thinks the U.S. government should be open with any files they have on alien life forms or any other unknown or unexplainable forces.

Duchovny, who's familiar to movie fans for his 1993 role in the Brad Pitt serial-killer thriller, Kalifornia, is one of three children born to a schoolteacher mom and a novelist dad..

His folks are very spiritual, he says. "My family and I are real close. And one thing we all seem to have in common is that we believe in ghosts. "I believe that the energy we create in our lives is so strong that it hangs around for a while after we die.

"Actually, I would rather hang around than go to heaven. It's much better to just be set free." Duchovny, who is of Scottish and Russian descent, says he remembers his grandmother telling a story that the ghost of her grandfather visited her after he had died in a drowning accident.

"I believe in things like that," Duchovny admits. "I can't say I've actually seen a ghost, but I've definitely felt their presence. "Whether it's my imagination is not the point because the products of my imagination are real to me."

Max,

Re the Texas ufo.

A very good picture, but only of a set of lights.

Goes back to the question 'why do ufos have lights ?'

A pity no one got the chance to scan it with a lazer. That would have shown up the outline behind the lights.

View attachment 26833

What's the connection?

Only a World Exclusive!

Well, I can't find another copy anywhere. :)

From my archives, this would simply have been saved at the time and no source is attributed.

X-files star David Duchovny says he really believes in aliens and ghosts and once had a close encounter with a UFO.

Duchovny, who has become TV's hottest new hunk, plays Fox Mulder, an FBI investigator who hunts extraterrestrials on the Fox series. And the 33-year-old bachelor has brains to complement his good looks.

Duchovny is a Princeton graduate, and is close to getting his doctorate in English literature from Yale.

He believes the U.S. government probably has real-life files on unsolved paranormal phenomena and mysterious crimes committed by unknown forces. "My UFO experience wouldn't be in any file because I didn't report it to the authorities,"

Duchovny says, recalling a bizarre sighting 13 years ago. "But I did tell my friends about it because it was rather scary."

Duchovny says the encounter occurred while he was jogging alone along an empty stretch of beach in Ocean City, N.J., in 1982. "I suddenly looked up and I saw this triangular kind of spaceship. It was early morning, and I don't think I took more than a few steps when it just disappeared right out of sight. "It almost looked like a variation of the Stealth bomber except there was no sound coming from it.

One minute it was there, in the sky, in broad daylight, and the next minute it was gone."

Duchovny says there were no other eyewitnesses to his UFO sighting that day, but adds that that doesn't surprise him.

"Aliens can be very tricky," he says. "They come after you when you're alone. There wasn't another soul on the beach that day.

"It's as thought once 'they' see you, it's, 'Hey, let's scare this guy.' I think it's some sort of game with them. What I do know for sure is that whatever I saw, it got the hell out of there real fast."

The former college basketball star says he thinks the U.S. government should be open with any files they have on alien life forms or any other unknown or unexplainable forces.

Duchovny, who's familiar to movie fans for his 1993 role in the Brad Pitt serial-killer thriller, Kalifornia, is one of three children born to a schoolteacher mom and a novelist dad..

His folks are very spiritual, he says. "My family and I are real close. And one thing we all seem to have in common is that we believe in ghosts. "I believe that the energy we create in our lives is so strong that it hangs around for a while after we die.

"Actually, I would rather hang around than go to heaven. It's much better to just be set free." Duchovny, who is of Scottish and Russian descent, says he remembers his grandmother telling a story that the ghost of her grandfather visited her after he had died in a drowning accident.

"I believe in things like that," Duchovny admits. "I can't say I've actually seen a ghost, but I've definitely felt their presence. "Whether it's my imagination is not the point because the products of my imagination are real to me."
He's right; isolating people on roads or where they are alone or revealing themselves to only a few people in area is how they often operate. It's a tactic that's part of the overall strategy for maintaining constant contact but avoiding a tipping-point. You se it over and over again in the articles. As far as the lights go, some of them seem integral to the propulsion or construction of the crafts themselves, others seem to be tools, and they can also be used for communication.

Last edited:
On the ball there, as usual. :p

That link was my territory and it's exactly same copy!

'UFO Updates'... circa 1975 and I was a regular contributor.

Some folks therein kinda fell out with myself, after publication of my front page article in FT 137...

IMG_20200603_000758_resize_69.jpg

ft4_resize_35.jpg

Was that really 20 years past... seriously...

It's not a a plausible explanation, I have ever had to address that much since.

It takes time to understand the entire perspective, particularly in our cold war climate of fear, how Kenneth Arnold's reported sighting became so misconstrued, first by a frantic, alarmist, media and subsequently the general public.

I will come back to this case separately, on the appropriate thread - it's probably about the right time now to do so.

Wow.... some fine memories back then and terrific researchers, before it all became overwhelmed, otherwise

That was why I set up the, 'UFO Research List' (UFORL), which I personally moderated and became a home for some 200+ subscribers, including notable scientists who had an interest in the subject.

We are talking of times, when a new modern might give usable speeds f(56,000 baud rate?) for text only! :omr:

The triangular object reminds me of the objects at Monon --just without the forward object.
2_ufo-123456.jpg

From Monon encounter:
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-monon-rr-ufo-incident-1958.67287/

"...we had just pulled past a little spot called Wasco. There's no town there -- just a kind of crossroads. It was there we first noticed four lights in the sky ahead of us. They were moving lights. At first they looked like stars but we realized they weren't stars because they were moving -- we could see that."
"They were moving in a sort of open V formation. By that I mean that there was no light at the forward point of the flight, just the two 'wings' with two Lights in each 'wing' -- angled off at about 45 degrees from each other. I must have spotted them first. After I had watched them for about 15 seconds, I called them to the attention of the other men in the cab with me. They watched the lights, too...

Sometimes people think separate lights are part of one object; the people who saw my UFOs later in Roseburg thought that too:
https://tinyurl.com/y5hso
But I saw the them in both in line and echelon formation with one aside, so I know they were separate objects after they did that. It's possibe that the formations optimize whatever kind of propulsion system they are using like a series of objects linked temprarily to fly together on some kind of gravity wave.
Like Lubbock 'lights"
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...hUKEwi9rJrLseTpAhUDP30KHaFfBOAQ4dUDCAc&uact=5
Remember in the Monon encounter the objects would light up in order as they accelerated.. and become brighter.

There was also an configuration like that "V" with lights in Australia too --it's in the articles thread somewhere.

Last edited:
The sighting by Duchovny reminds me of the sighting my coworker had iirc, in the same year or near it, of the large silent triangle in California, I posted before,

Sorry, but I'm certain this one is a fake.
A good rule of thumb is - if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
Another, even better rule of thumb is - anonymous UFO videos on YouTube are probably fakes. Especially ones posted by a conspiracy channel.
2_ufo-123456.jpg

A good test for fakes is how many people report it, even if they don't take a picture.

Sorry, but I'm certain this one is a fake.
A good rule of thumb is - if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
Another, even better rule of thumb is - anonymous UFO videos on YouTube are probably fakes. Especially ones posted by a conspiracy channel.
2_ufo-123456.jpg
It might be. I don't really trust any modern videos unless the provenance can be proven to be from a reputable source, otherwise it has to go into the "unsure category" Software is just too good these days.

A person I have worked around now and again for about nine years told me about an experience he had in '82 or '83. The individual we will call "Johnny" was in high school at the time in California. He was driving with two other guys to a friend's house to pick her up so they could go party at a nearby lake that evening . They were driving on a road about four miles from Placer Elementary School:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...1s0x809b1c494ff2eb4d:0x43e10613044ed28a?hl=en
As they were driving along, the car's engine suddenly sputtered and cut out and they came to a stop. It seemed to get very dark, and they looked up and were confronted with a huge black triangle, something as large as a football field, noiselessly hovering in the air, only about 15 or 20 feet over the tops of the short oak trees... The object had lights at the three corners and a few other dimmer lights in other places. It began to slowly move off behind the trees and away, and then in an instant it was gone ; it moved quickly or was no longer visible.
Johnny has no knowledge of the UFO phenomenon, and gets stressed by UFO information. I consider Johnny to be a very honest and frankly, good, person. His two friends also believe they saw what he did.
Johnny claims they lost time and were a couple of hours late to their friend's house.

After a few minutes of searching I found:
http://www.nicap.org/chronos/1983fullrep.htm

A bunch of triangles and even cars being stopped, too.

"Feb. 19, 1983; Swansea, Glamorgan, South Wales
Daytime. Up to 200 people observed a huge triangular shaped UFO pass overhead in various places along the South Wales coast. They included a class of schoolchildren and a football team. In Swansea two detectives, DS Mike Troake and DC Gethen Humphreys saw the object glide overhead in total silence. DS Troake said, “I’m used to seeing aircraft in the sky but this was massive-much bigger than a plane. There was a large main cluster of lights at the front shaped a bit like a Zeppelin followed by a triangular group of lights. They moved gracefully across the sky about 1000 feet up.” Fearful of ridicule neither officer reported the incident to their colleagues. UFO CLASSIFICATION NL (NOCTURNAL LIGHT) On Duty sighting. 2 Officers. Source: Sunday Mirror 20/02/83 (Source: THE 5TH ANNUAL PRUFOS POLICE REPORT 2006 by Detective Constable 1877 Heseltine British Transport Police."
I suspect my work friend saw the same object Duchovny and other's did --probably in the same year:

"...Duchovny says, recalling a bizarre sighting 13 years ago. "But I did tell my friends about it because it was rather scary."

Triangular UFO spotted again over Texas

A triangle-shaped UFO appears to have been spotted for the third time this year above Texas, in an astonishingly-clear video.

2_ufo-123456.jpg

Video at link below.

The mysterious “craft” was first seen on New Year’s Day in Houston, before being spotted again above a motorway in Bogata last month.

And now, the object has been seen above Seguin in possibly the clearest video yet.

The clip shows a collection of seven lights moving in a triangle formation across the night sky.

A stunned man behind the camera can be heard exclaiming: “What the f***?”

The lights continue on their path and after just a few moments disappear out of sight.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/triangular-ufo-spotted-again-over-21778623

maximus otter

*Have picked out that in this frame a round 'spot' appears - doesn't seem to be just an odd pixel, as it tracks slightly towards the UFO then it suddenly disappears?
Or it could be an orb (I've come across accompanying orbs many times in many UFO videos) moving across in sequence with the said UFO?

Annotation 2020-07-14 105758.jpg

Last edited:
Me and the wife saw exactly the same thing over Morecambe bay last night although it was
not as bright.

I must say that these are patently obviously stars taken with a shaky camera. The middle one is probably Venus or Jupiter. (both were visible on that night).
These definitely are 'eburacum.' And a good example at that!

I'm looking for some assistance, if anyone could possibly help?

Few months ago, one of the Freeview channels happened to be on in the background. It was a 'UFO evidence' type documentary and I only caught the end of a report they featured.

It related to a claimed incident in America (I have no location or date) which involved a large triangular craft, appearing near what seened a rural property (maybe a small, local population), occupied by a husband and wife.

The report included an interview with the husband and gist of which was that they watched the craft came closer, hover overhead and then a loss of memory.

However, his wife had disappeared and only returned hours later. Asking where she had been all that time, his wife was puzzled snd explained she had only been gone a couple of minutes to take a closer look.

Can't locate anything online and difficult with so little specific detail.

If I might I please run something past your good selves...

What do you make of this?

I had missed this thread, and had not seen the video in the opening post. I have to admit to being disappointed that the "craft" did not start shooting at asteroids.

Heh! You can still play. No Atari or bag of coins required.

http://www.freeasteroids.org/

I have to admit to being disappointed that the "craft" did not start shooting at asteroids.
You have reminded of one triangular UFO sighting which both the witness and myself were satisfied I had been able to solve.

A few years back, I was contacted online by the witness who had noticed my interest in the subject.

A young accountant in England, he had been driving back home from work one night and passing through a rural location.

Suddenly, this enormous triangle shaped craft flew slowly and silently overhead. He could make out that the underside was grey coloured.

As this seemed a reputable account, I spent some time researching the logical explanations.

Eventually one prominent possibility arose; an RAF Vulcan bomber.

At that time, there were some stationed at a local RAF base.

Problem being of course is that the Vulcan bomber is anything but silent!

I took the story to an online forum for Vulcan enthusiasts - was there any conceivable connection.

It was explained to myself that due to the Vulcan's aerodynamic design, sometimes a pilot would essentially close down the engines and glide the plane down to a landing.

Further research confirmed one of the camouflage options was blue and grey markings, with the underside entirely grey.

So if one creditable account resolved, what of the countless others where a triangular shaped craft didn't slowly pass overhead, it stopped, hovered and often reportedly did so only a few hundred feet above.

Truth lies somewhere in between?

I think it often does, even though perhaps never quite sure what exactly that means!

You have additionally reminded I need to try and track down some rare UK Triangular craft footage (it's clear, detailed, shows two objects together and I've never seen shown anywhere else) which, again, I only caught the end of.

Although it wasn't a UFO themed show, I have a vague recollection which series, however, this is a mission as it could be anywhere on any one of episodes.

Long day ahead and caffeine overload looming. :pop:

Last edited:
Sometimes it's hard to tell from a distance if something is hovering, and you might need observers in multiple locations to be sure.

A crossover from the, 'Things That Are NOT UFOs' thread...

Whilst researching newspaper archives with regard to discussions therein, I inadvertently came across the following article.

The incidents reported are, unless mistaken, all new to myself.

The incredible stories of 3 people who claim to have seen a UFO in Leicestershire

Source: Leicester Mercury
Date: 28 February, 2019

It was 20 years ago, but Colin Saunders can recall every detail of the experience as if it was yesterday.

The 60-year-old, from Barwell, saw something that he will never forget.

He spoke to Leicestershire Live about his experience after we published a video of a bright UFO moving about in the sky over the city and part of the county.

Here is his story, and those of two other people who believe they have seen something extraterrestrial.

"It was the 31st of March, 1999," said Colin.

"We had been out for a bar meal in Warwickshire to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday.

"At approximately 9.30pm, myself, my ex-wife, daughter and mother-in-law headed home.

"We turned onto the Fosse Way, near the village of Monks Kirby, and immediately noticed some bright lights ahead of us.

[...]

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/incredible-stories-3-people-who-2596123.amp

IMG_20201010_123952_resize_21.jpg

Back