• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Triangular UFO Sightings

Let me know if you can find the source of the video; from what I've seen it is video from the HUD system on the fighter. I don't really have a dog in the game, same with Oumuamua, actually :).
So where s it from?

Here is De Brouwer mentioning a video taken during an intercept attempt Could he be lying or confused? Perhaps, but not likely; could be same video:

As I said before, yes, there is a video, and no, it was not a video of what the pilots saw, because they saw nothing. The video de Brouwer is referring to is the video of the radar returns.
This one.
index.php

The other video in that clip is a mock-up by the documentary makers. This happens a lot; people who make UFO documentaries often include mock-ups of the visual sightings, and some time later these mock-ups get reported (by other people) as genuine clips. They are not.

This is one of the most famous examples;
UFOs-in-Washington-DC-in-1952-web.jpg

this photo is a mockup for a Disney documentary made in the 1950s, but it is often described as a real, contemporary photo.

Yes on the second photo, but I'll have to take a closer look at the radar footage.

I believe the HUD is capable of functioning in several modes, one of which is video. The pilot doesn't necessarily have to lay eyes on the object.
This clip is labeled in this way on Patrick's site:
I think the pilot didn't have eyes on them supposedly because of their maneuvers according to De Brouwer.

This still:
milbel-3.jpg

Is from the radar on the pursuing fighter.

This:
index.php

Doesn't look like this (clickable). You can even see the lights at corners smearing at it smoothly moves.
"This clip displays an object/target acquired through the Pilot's Heads up display Unit or H.U.D. and the whole incident was recorded on camera."

cameramode.jpg

In the Washington Merry-go-round case; there were radar returns at the same time the intercepting pilots laid eyes on the objects / lights --which they could not overtake.

Illustration as eburacum mentioned.
UFOs-in-Washington-DC-in-1952-web.jpg

The video clip de Brouwer is referring to is the video clip of the radar return, which records the images the pilot's HUD would have shown. The other clip is a mock-up, presumably based on the radar returns. Of course the radar returns showed the object flying underground, so they were not reliable either.

Here's a very detailed examination of the radar data and the other material in this case. At no time does it mention a visual clip, basically because none exists.

http://www.astronomyufo.com/UFO/SUNlite4_3.pdf

It does, however, include a sensible suggestion from de Brouwer that these anomalous returns may have been caused by magnetic perturbations from the Sun.
(translated) Colonel De Brouwer (now retired as General), in the postface of the Sobepes book “ Vague d’ovnis sur la Belgique”, (tome 1) do not exclude the possibility that unknown planes were in our sky. He also think of magnetic perturbations, we were effectively in a period of very intensive activity from the Sun, at the peak of the solar cycle. The solar activity was very intense the whole week before 30 March 1990 with a very high number of solar spots and ejection from intense charged particles.

Last edited by a moderator:
the problem is that the links on Patrick's site are dead. I think de Brouwer might indeed be referring to the radar recording as footage, as you mentioned, Eburacum. I think the video is from a civilian on the ground: and it is the MPEG at the top here (provenance unknown):the
https://ufologie.patrickgross.org/htm/vidbel.htm
There are a number of other dead links to videos there, and no way to verify the authenticity of any of them.
de Brouwer has appeared with that footage before, I think. No way to verify its authenticity.

There were no clips taken by a civilian on the ground.
There were no photos at all taken of the March 30-31 events in Belgium in 1990; if there had been any, Prof Auguste Meesen (who investigated this event in detail) would have dedicated a lot of effort to interpreting them. He did not, although he spent a lot of effort trying to untangle the radar returns. The clip is only available as part of a documentary, no-one is credited with filming it, and at no point is the footage even claimed to be authentic.
This is obviously a mock-up.

There were no clips taken by a civilian on the ground.
There were no photos at all taken of the March 30-31 events in Belgium in 1990; if there had been any, Prof Auguste Meesen (who investigated this event in detail) would have dedicated a lot of effort to interpreting them. He did not, although he spent a lot of effort trying to untangle the radar returns. The clip is only available as part of a documentary, no-one is credited with filming it, and at no point is the footage even claimed to be authentic.
This is obviously a mock-up.
That certainly could be. There are a number of pictures on that site supposedly taken by people, but there is no way to know if they are real or not either and the links are dead:
https://ufologie.patrickgross.org/htm/vidbel.htm

"A second and larger clip of the Belgium Triangle taken during the Belgium mass UFO sightings of March 30th-31st 1990.The clip was recorded by shopkeeper Marcel Alfarano at approximately 2:20 am. He stated that he was then contacted by Government officials and advised to report the sighting as an aircraft. This object apparently was first spotted and reported to the authorities as it was moving across the Belgian countryside and also was observed hovering silently over a remote farm for about 20 minutes. There were many many eye-witnesses to this particular incident and about 800 separate investigation reports were submitted by various witnesses and very credible sources.

So I guess we will have to wait to see if the rumored picture taken recently surfaces. I used to think the triangles were secret US craft, but I am not so sure anymore, as they really behave like UFOs.

This clears things up:
However, the Belgium Wave of 1989-1993 has a few videos, one being actual footage from within the F-16 cockpit, showing the HUD (Heads Up Display), another was taken by a shopekeeper, Marcel Alfarano (which I believe is the clip shown in the OPs video) at 2:20AM on March 31st, 1990, which was around the same time the F-16 "chase" occurred. Here is some more information on the shopekeepers video:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread513418/pg1
I'll see if I can find the Alfarano video.

This is it, I think:
I think it was interspersed with in-cockpit footage of the HUD in a number of documentaries and presentations.

The Alfarano clip, (if it is genuine, which I doubt), was supposedly taken as 02.30 the next morning, after the jets had gone. There is no information about where it was taken, either.

I've discovered where the Alfarano clip was taken; 43 miles away, in Brussels. About an hour later, and a decent distance away, so not really the same event, but not necessarily a different one either.

Haven't heard of this before. Triangle encountered by police officers, others. Two videos posted by Karl 12 over at alienexpanse. Just like the "airship" sightings from 19th century, too. Very good. Believable.

Last edited:
1950. Two triangles chased by jets:

Occurred : 10/15/1950 15:00 (Entered as : 10/?/50 15:00)
Reported: 8/22/2006 7:39:35 AM 07:39
Posted: 10/30/2006
Shape: Triangle
Duration:5 minutes
Triangles over New York Harbor 1950
http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/052/S52110.html

My grand mother had taken me to Atlantic Highlands over looking Sandy Hook and New York Harbor. It was cold that day, I was 8 years old at the time.

We had stopped at a little snack bar about half way up the road and she got a cup of coffee, I don't remeber what I had.

We drove to the top and parked on the overlook. She was still driving her green 47 Chevy, she left the engine running and the heater on.

We noticed two triangle shaped objects comming down the Hudson from the direction of the George Washington Bridge they seemed to be at an altitude lower than us. They came very close, perhaps 1/4 mile or closer. We were looking down on them they were above the water perhaps 300-400 feet. As they passed the Chevy stalled and the Heater blower also stopped. The Blower started running when they were some distance out to sea. About two minutes later two aircraft that I think they were F-80's they had wing tanks.

Shortly there after the two objects flew past and up the Harbor toward the George Whashington Bridge at a high rate of speed the two F-80 were close behind. The objects appeared to be playing with the jets. They slowed down and sped up a couple of times turned sharply and headed out to sea over Coney Island.

My Grandmother died in 1966, I am now 63 years old I know what we saw was real.

((NUFORC Note: Witness indicates that the date of the sighting is approximate. We have assigned an arbitrary date in October 1950. PD))

Reactions: Sid
This is supposed to be footage of a triangle. Very interesting.

A thought struck me earlier whilst i was on the 'favourite sci-fi film' thread, was there any sightings of triangular UFOs previous to 1977s release of 'Starwars' featuring in the opening scene a mahoosive triangular 'Star Destroyer'? Do we know when triangular UFOs first appeared? And do the classic 'saucer' shaped UFOs still appear?

A thought struck me earlier whilst i was on the 'favourite sci-fi film' thread, was there any sightings of triangular UFOs previous to 1977s release of 'Starwars' featuring in the opening scene a mahoosive triangular 'Star Destroyer'? Do we know when triangular UFOs first appeared? And do the classic 'saucer' shaped UFOs still appear?
The triangles might go back a long way --way before there would be any kind of human military technology that could be mistaken for it. There was even a possible reference to a triangle seen in 1903, iiirc, in and old diary, but it I've posted a sighting of two triangles from '50, above. Marler is the triangle guy: Yes folks still see cigars and disks, etc. All of the shapes:
http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/ndxshape.html

Marler:
https://www.amazon.com/Triangular-U...TB8MFTTPWY0&psc=1&refRID=54RNCMASFTB8MFTTPWY0

Here's one:

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 6/30/1956 18:30 (Entered as : 1956 18:30)
Reported: 2/19/2014 1:07:28 PM 13:07
Posted: 2/21/2014
Shape: Triangle
Duration:10-15 minutes
We were "walking back home." The moon was so brilliant so we stopped to see it, looking at it. We stood there and seconds w

We were " walking back home" the moon was so brilliant so we stopped to see it, looking at it. We stood there and seconds we saw this UFO! Very large TRIANGLE shaped" no sound! It came near .. We ducked into a ditch.... We looked up and the UFO was moving slow back up and then left " Was dark black triangle.

My sister saw some kind of lights on the right side--I didn't see the lights ..

I'll never" never" Forget that night""...

We ran home .. We told mom& dad ..

We did't know who to call .. So we called a radio station... " The UFO was coming around the moon" we said what is that? My sis said I don't know? Like I said "seconds we were looking at a UFO "! …

This is interesting with the moon, because:

Here is an old diary from 1905 that might describe a triangular UFO:
http://www.aliendave.com/article_DelawareUFO1905.html

Farmers Unusuall Diary Log:
"I saw an equal sided triangle object drift away from the moon and disapear in a few, perhaps 10 seconds it looked like a
banner"

Last edited:
This is supposed to be footage of a triangle. Very interesting.

Footage above, really reminds me of this rendering of supposed photo of triangle that exists:

From: https://thedebrief.org/us-military-has-a-lot-more-on-ufos-ex-intelligence-director-confirms/

"Confirmed by multiple Intelligence Community members and one Federal Law Enforcement Official, one of the intelligence reports released in the fall of 2020 contained what was described to The Debrief as an “extremely clear” photograph of an unidentifiable triangular aircraft.

Officials who had seen it described the unidentified aircraft in question as a large equilateral triangle with rounded or “blunted” edges and large, perfectly spherical white “lights” in each corner."

Exterieor-shot-of-UFO-2-e1613479446849.png

A peculiar phenomenon was spotted in the skies above Pasadena last month, with blogger and UFO hunter extraordinaire Scott C. Waring suggesting a possible extraterrestrial craft sighting.

The phenomenon in question, as depicted in a YouTube video (the veracity of which couldn't be immediately confirmed) uploaded by Waring, appears to be a black, vaguely triangular shape.

NSFW: Language:

The blogger also pointed out how the object appeared to be rotating, and further alleged that it looked like "the hypersonic missile that the USAF has created, except this was hovering and moving very slowly".

"The object rotates, stops rotating, and then rotates [in] a different direction. As if it were looking around, taking in the full scope the view has to offer", Waring mused. "This is absolutely a UFO, but why it's allowing itself to be seen is anyone's guess".
Some social media users commenting on Waring's video, however, suggested instead that the flying object was likely a balloon.

https://sputniknews.com/viral/20210...riangular-object-spotted-in-california-skies/

maximus otter

Footage above, really reminds me of this rendering of supposed photo of triangle that exists:

From: https://thedebrief.org/us-military-has-a-lot-more-on-ufos-ex-intelligence-director-confirms/

"Confirmed by multiple Intelligence Community members and one Federal Law Enforcement Official, one of the intelligence reports released in the fall of 2020 contained what was described to The Debrief as an “extremely clear” photograph of an unidentifiable triangular aircraft.

Officials who had seen it described the unidentified aircraft in question as a large equilateral triangle with rounded or “blunted” edges and large, perfectly spherical white “lights” in each corner."

Exterieor-shot-of-UFO-2-e1613479446849.png
Looks like someone photoshopped a fidgitspinner in to the photo :p

08858326.jpg

Last edited:
A YouTuber whose firearm/shooting videos l watch has just uploaded video of a triangular UFO he sighted (over his home?) in the USA. This is, to my knowledge, the first time he’s ever posted anything UFO-related.

maximus otter
Is that not just the 'play' button? :p

Screenshot_20210512-191813.png

A YouTuber whose firearm/shooting videos l watch has just uploaded video of a triangular UFO he sighted (over his home?) in the USA. This is, to my knowledge, the first time he’s ever posted anything UFO-related.

maximus otter
Interesting video clip, but not for the obvious lights, rather for what appears in the video ~ easily could be a bird, appears just as the lights (above) disappear from view, and with no wing beats visible.

Untitled.jpg

*Close-up of arrowed image (above)
Screenshot 2021-05-13 101758.jpg

Last edited:
I had a thought after watching various triangular ufo videos ~ wondering why it is that these triangular UFO's are triangular?
From what I've seen, they don't conform to fly with any particular one pointy side facing the direction that they travel, as they seem to 'fly' point forward, flat side forward or turning in all directions. So the shape seems to be nothing to do with dynamics - at least not in this world.
Maybe the shape might have more to do with the best observations from each corner, or with taking any actions needed on it's part?

Last edited:
Just came across this:

We've discussed this one quite comprehensively. It's a night vision clip using a triangular iris, which converts the image of any lights in the field of view into out-of-focus triangles. In short, bokeh. The lights are stars and normal aeroplanes.

I've even posted this on the Rendlesham thread in the past, as an example of how nightscopes distort vision.

Curiously, some nightscopes have triangular iris shutters for no particular reason I can imagine. Often the user is not aware of this until they take an out-of-focus clip.

Back