• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Tron (Cosplay: Jay Maynard - The Tron Guy)

I admire Tron Guy for having the guts to post pictures of himself in the outfit even though he looks like a right t**t. It's the moustache that got me laughing. It just doesn't look right :lol:

As for Peter Pan guy :shock:

Did anyone play the Tron game that came out for the PC about a year ago and was a sequel to the first movie, featuring Bruce Boxleitner playing Alan Bradley/Tron?

I bought it 2nd hand and then discovered that it's much a resource hog it won't run on my machine. It demands hardware T&L on the graphics card. So no, I haven't played it:(

I LOVED Tron 2.0. It's one of the best games I've played; it does require T&L, but most games nowadays do.

Without looking it up, how many here know that tron actually was ?

Do you mean the original movie? I awaited its release and saw it in first run back in 1982.

Yes. I also when it came out. And still have it on DVD (or maybe it is VHS).
A very good film for it's day.

At the time I was more interested in how the story would reflect the virtual / computer context as its setting rather than how it would hold up as a sci fi storyline.

At the time I was more interested in how the story would reflect the virtual / computer context as its setting rather than how it would hold up as a sci fi storyline.

It was interesting in the context of 'do we live in a computer ?'. Very good graphics.

It was interesting in the context of 'do we live in a computer ?'. Very good graphics.
It looked years ahead of its time.
However, the truth was that every frame of film was hand-retouched by animators working in a sweatshop.

It looked years ahead of its time.
However, the truth was that every frame of film was hand-retouched by animators working in a sweatshop.

That sounds very Walt Disney.

Anyway, surely someone here remembers what TRON stood for !

Back