Trump's 'Concession' Video

Beakmoo

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The video posted on Twitter last night. I think it's a deepfake. There's something uncanny (more than usual that is) about the mouth, his movements look sort of jerkier than normal, but most obviously there's no way he could have read out a three minute speech that coherently, especially now.

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
The video posted on Twitter last night. I think it's a deepfake. There's something uncanny (more than usual that is) about the mouth, his movements look sort of jerkier than normal, but most obviously there's no way he could have read out a three minute speech that coherently, especially now.
Looks perfectly normal to me. Remember this guy from birth has been getting his own way. He's just trying to cover his arse now.

SketchyMagpie

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I don't see what the point would be.

Simply put, it's far more believable that this is simply Trump responding to how the world (and several of his staff) have reacted to his incitement to violence rather than any reason you could give for a deep fake.

Spookdaddy

Cuckoo
Reaction score
I can actually see a little bit what Beakmoo's getting at, but I've always found something oddly disjointed about Trump's motor actions, and I think that's all it boils down to.

I suspect that the unusually calm and statesmanlike demeanour may be due to the fact that Mike Pence is hiding under the podium with the business end of a sawed-off Mossberg nestled against the president's crotch.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm also guessing that compression on different types of devices and different platforms might be in play?

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Reaction score
Not just you -- a bunch of the rw/Q conspiracy theorists immediately denounced it as a deepfake, claiming that Trump had been assassinated on Pence's orders.

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
I don't know why this has been re-opened, as it was locked but a BBC podcast said it was heavily edited which suggests Beaks was right.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Reuters disputed the deepfake allegations 2 days ago, and reported the White House had confirmed it wasn't a deepfake. However, it seems many of the folks who were stampeded into claiming it was a deepfake were viewing a version other than the original issued from the White House on 7 January.
Fact check: Donald Trump concession video not a ‘confirmed deepfake’
By Reuters Staff

Social media users have been sharing a post that claims a video in which outgoing president Donald Trump acknowledges President-elect Biden’s victory in the wake of the chaos of the Capitol protests has been confirmed to be a deepfake. Despite speculation, this has not been confirmed by any credible source and the White House told Reuters the video is not a deepfake. ...

It was officially released by the White House ... and tweeted by Trump’s own account (archive.vn/U36Z5). The White House told Reuters on Jan. 11 that this video was not a deepfake.
FULL STORY: https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...-video-not-a-confirmed-deepfake-idUSKBN29G2NL

Here's the original - the White House issued video from 7 January, from the White House's own YouTube channel ...

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Wasn't the reason he looked odd that he was apologising so that he wouldn't lose his Twitter account? That threat seemed to strike the fear of God into him, and that made him act weirder than usual.

Hogarth999

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score

Spookdaddy

Cuckoo
Reaction score
Reading one message from an autocue while signalling a different message with one's hands has got to be the broadcast equivalent of rubbing your belly while patting your head, only requiring even more mental dexterity and co-ordination. I'm just not convinced that a man who appears to struggle with grammar and staircases would be up to it.

Souleater

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Reading one message from an autocue while signalling a different message with one's hands has got to be the broadcast equivalent of rubbing your belly while patting your head, only requiring even more mental dexterity and co-ordination. I'm just not convinced that a man who appears to struggle with grammar and staircases would be up to it.
I agree, the reason he looks weird is because he is saying something he doesnt honestly mean, and he doesnt do humble, its way out of his comfort zone.

Cloudbusting

I still dream of Orgonon
Reaction score
In Trump's more recent "No Violence" video from Wednesday 13th (released after his second impeachment) he emphasised some things by moving his hands. QAnon are interpreting this as him using dash-dash-dot-dash which in morse is the letter 'Q'. Here are the details:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/epd...e-it-thinks-trump-spoke-to-them-in-morse-code
I have no doubt that if Trump let out a big fart on camera QAnon would interpret this as a significant message. :rolleyes:

Sid

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
That is how it looks to me. There is a section taken from a different angle that looks a lot better. US TV often looks a bit funny, apparently due to a different frame rate.
Seems like this part of his hair (as arrowed), has a mind of it's own just at this point in the video 'Min Bannister.'

(*Run at .25 speed)
Trump.jpg

Sid

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
You do realise that you have just posted a still image and not a video?
Yes of course ~ that's the point at which it depicts when his hair goes on a walkabout!
(i.e. If you can play the video at .25 speed... when it reaches the time (as marked) you will see his hair suddenly distorts upwards at this point.)

Last edited:

Min Bannister

Possessed dog
Reaction score
Yes of course ~ that's the point at which it depicts when his hair goes on a walkabout!
(i.e. If you can play the video at .25 speed... when it reaches the time (as marked) you will see his hair suddenly distorts upwards at this point.)
I had a look but all I could see was that he tilted his head slightly down at that point and the light catches it.