• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Tulpas

StormKahn - how does one unimagine a tulpa?

When one materialises - does it appear before you or somewhere else?

If it appears somewhere else, does it latch on to your thoughts and then come and find you?

Hmmmm.

One doesn't unimagine a tulpa. Once it exists, it does. It has a short 'lifespan' but the person interacting with one has no control.

Where does it appear? It depends where it is sent. If it's sent as a personal attack then it arrives wherever the target is. If it's being created as an 'experiment' then the creators must define it's form and place it appears.
Like a ghost, tulpa can be where they are meant to be.

Can it, as you infer, be used as a 'hunter'? Yes. Definitely. But it has a very short 'lifespan' (and I use the word 'life' avisedly since it is an artificially created form) so the amount of energy the creator uses to make it determines how long 'they' have got. You set a tulpa as a hunter, then you make sure you know the general geographical location of the target, you invest bucket-loads of spiritual energy in just it's creation and set it loose.

Two things I will impart that I've learned:

Firstly, if the tulpa/hunter is near to 'burning out' before finding it's target, it will attempt to return to it's creator - it's creation depends on harm or destruction. It doesn't go willingly.
Secondly, creating a tulpa doesn't make you it's controller - it has it's mission, if you will.

As I've been told ... if you open the box, make sure you know how to close the lid.

Anyhow, this is all getting a bit too strange ...

Stormkhan said:
Anyhow, this is all getting a bit too strange ...

Ah - but that is the world of Charles Fort for you.

Thanks for the info though Khan

How long is their life span? Can it be years or just months?

Is there any theory as to how a brief, but self sustaining, energy matrix produced by the electro-magnetic potential of the brain form into a photon real image, sustain integrity and process the initial 'wish' (programme) of the creator mind?

Note: am not being mean, it's just that as a kiddie I read Dion Fortune and as an adult have studied some physics and psych. While I'd love the world of mystery to exist, the world of cold science intrudes. Can anyone suggest a blend?

I think the Tibetan view of Tulpas is that the Tulpa is sculpted by the mind rather than generated by it. We are apparently surrounded by a field of energy - or "mind-stuff" - which only needs a little psychic 'prodding' to form itself into apparently material objects or entities. Hence, the Tulpa can continue to exist independent of its 'creator' once it has been formed.

That's a very crude approximation of the way David-Neel explains it in her book. Which I really must dig out again.

Was it that book that described the interplay between Mana and prana for magical purposes? Sorry, vague recollection of generation processes - my point was how would we, now (not as teens etc), explain, dismiss, follow etc some of the points of views on this subject. I'm always interested in how 'we' grow mentally from when we first learn from these types of sources.

A related topic would the creation of a servitor, a much mentioned topic in 'chaos magick'.
It's the same idea as a Tulpa, except that the servitor is 'programmed' with a very specific set of instructions and abilities etc.
The most important being a 'failsafe command' which the operator can use to destroy the creature if it gets out of hand.

I really cant say I believe in these things but im trying my best to keep an open mind.

Surley then this should be somthing which is quite easily testable? If a number of people on this board have acomplished it then how hard will it be to do so under scientific conditions? Or at least with a number of independant witnesses?

Assuming it is true and it is possible to create a creature with your mind, what right do we have to do this? And what right do we have to destory it when its behaviour no longer suits us? From what has been said it is suggested that these things have some kind of intellegence, if this is the case surley it creates all kinds of ethical questions. Also, again im stretching my imagination here, but if these things are real and can be used to harm people this is bound to create massive problems in creating and defining laws to deal with this?

And what right do we have to destory it when its behaviour no longer suits us?

When it wants to cause harm to it's creator.

defining laws to deal with this?

Well law wouldn't consider it existing since this is a skeptical world.

Yes but i was just assuming for the moment that these things were definatly real and were regarded so officialy etc.

Yup. Let's get back to REAL science, like counting how many angels may dance upon the head of a pin. :D

escargot1 said:
Yup. Let's get back to REAL science, like counting how many angels may dance upon the head of a pin. :D

Wasn't it supposed to be 16?

Half that if they were doing the Eightsome Reel (big risk of falling off, otherwise.)

As to the legal individual right of a tulpa to be recognised as a lifeform, if it brings a factory with it then the Home Office will welcome it with open arms.

If it doesn't, then it can sod off.

stuneville said:
Half that if they were doing the Eightsome Reel (big risk of falling off, otherwise.)

As to the legal individual right of a tulpa to be recognised as a lifeform, if it brings a factory with it then the Home Office will welcome it with open arms.

If it doesn't, then it can sod off.

What if it doesn't sod off? :p

You'd need to think about it too if it was your situtation. :p

Some Glasgow slang might do the job.

MaxMolyneux said:
You'd need to think about it too if it was your situtation. :p

Some Glasgow slang might do the job.

What, like "Hiv a face full 'o heed ya balm pot Tulpa" ?

:headbutt:

:D

Tears of Kali is a jolly enough romp- 3 related vignettes, one of which is about a dodgy tulpa raised by a German group at the prompting of their guru.

There are worse ways to spend an hour and a bit, unless you don't like subtitles. Or expect a serious treatment of the subject (that would just be daft).[/i]

So could imaginary friends be tulpas then?

What if somebody were to, I dunno, be daydreaming and then a tulpa looking like their favourate superhero appears?

Who would you choose?

Interesting discussion here: http://tinyurl.com/rfj5b about tulpas/egregores/servitors/sigils. Did the eastern tulpa and the western egregore develop independently or did western occult traditions borrow the idea from the east? (via someone like Austin Spare perhaps?)

Hospitaller said:
Interesting discussion here: http://tinyurl.com/rfj5b about tulpas/egregores/servitors/sigils. Did the eastern tulpa and the western egregore develop independently or did western occult traditions borrow the idea from the east? (via someone like Austin Spare perhaps?)
aren't all occult traditions borrowed or extrapolated from the east?

Jack the Ripper. Tulpa. Yeah, picture that.

Ok, a while back I either started a thread or just added somewhere about an indian curse, that was apparently put upon a friends in law. Basically the family had cursed her and she was very worried, I wrote in to ask if anyone knew something she could do [believing that it should be somehow "indian" in order to work]. Nevermind, in short the thread died early and nothing much happened...or so I thought.
My friend told me at the weekend that the girl [who is her husbands brothers wife] had a few bad things happening to her including her flat burned out completely last month.
As they were redecorating her husband took some phone video footage of them fooling about, laughing etc. When they looked at the footage there was a firgure in it, which freaked her out big time.

Ok, my friend told her that I'm the best person to talk about it. Yeah I even asked if I can have the footage. So at the moment it stands that I have given my friend my phone number, the girl is willing to sent it to me but only after talking to me. Haven't had a call yet but it might be because of the late shift I'm on this week.
I will try so hard to put this footage on this site but have to overcome a few obstacles [1) the software that came with my phone is playing up, 2) trying to get anything up here from my PC has never worked for me]. However I will do it somehow if I get this video.

Now I put it under the tulpa section because after thinking about it and secondly their mentioning of a "figure" made me think that this might be what it could be. Now I haven't seen the video yet so I can't say anything, might turn out to be just an explainable blob.
Just thought I'd share this story. Shame I can't find my original post.

The Tulpa In The West by Ian Vincent, Institute for Atemporal Studies.

Attachments

• The Tulpa In The West by Ian Vincent, Institute for Atemporal Studies.pdf
    128.1 KB · Views: 14
Back