• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Tunnels In UK

carlosox

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
England is supposed to have several tunnels that lead straight to subterranean civilisations. It is perhaps from one of these civilisations that the green colored boy and girl emerged in Spain in the 18th. century. Could I have more information about these tunnels in England?

There are lots of tales of underground passages, leading from places like manor houses, or churches to various places. The Green Children, appeared in a place called Woolpit, if I remember correctly. There are tales of smugglers tunnels, which may be more true than many, since smuggling was a thriving industry on places like the Cornish coast. But there are so many, almost any book of hauntings you pick up about the UK will have a house, pub, abbey, church, etc and a tale about an underground passage leading somewhere from it. There's so many it would take pages to list them. Even in this, very mundane, town, I live in, tunnels have been discovered during subsidence work, under the old part of the town. I know people searched for underround civilisations in places like the Himalayas, places like Schamballa, ( sp ) , I never heard of any from the UK, but it's not an area I know a lot about, I'm sorry. Yes, there are many, many legends, local tales, of underground passages, but I never heard one incorporating another civilisation, so I look forward to reading any. ( The only thing similar, are legends of some lakes, I'm thinking of one specifically in Wales, where a ' fairy ' came from, and returned to, after marrying a local man and bearing him children )

Check out the following book:

The Lost World of Agharti, The Mystery of Vril Power

by Alec MacLellan

I read it as a young teen and was fascinated. I'm not sure how I would view the book now as I tend to be a little more sceptical. Anyway, it's worth chasing up if you're interested in matters subterranean.

There are supposedly actual train tunnels, built before and during world war II. One runns along the same route as the M4 from london to the south west. the other runs up north, either to anglesey or scotland, depending who you believe. These were built to ferry troops and mostly munitions under cover of total secrecy. As at the time, it was (wrongly) assumed that the UK was litteraly crawling with nazi spies, constantly on the lookout for materiél movement.

Another reason for the tunnel was supposedly, to move the royals quickly and quietly out of london and out of danger. Probably onto a waiting submarine, or plane to a freindly and trusted and slightly 'safer'country. [ie. Canada. not USA, which would also be likely to be targeted]. So, in the event of invasion or, later on, in the event of a nuclear warning. We would of course be abbandoned by 'our' royal family. It almost makes me want it to happen. As when it was found out by the public. We would have a republic voted in, faster than a bottle of vodka dissapears when Boris Yeltsin is about. ;) This is probably the reason for all the secrecy. If us 'prolls' found out about, or even better, presented solid eveidence of. the big plan of our house of hannover and the family of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha [tripple barrel.Thats really posh!] royals to leave us in the lurch. Then that would be the end for our german royals. Hey maybe, we'd go back to the old scots royal house of Stuart. Or some other more actualy british claimants. mind you my feeling is. We are sick to death of them in the UK and if we had the chance we'd get rid of them all for good. Why on earth does any inteligent nation allow a family to rule over them, when they are supposed top be ruling FOR them and doing the bidding of the nation? This has been forgotten and twisted over the years. Strating with the arrival of the normans.

Over the years there have been many people come forward saying they worked on such secret tunnels. Or they travelled along the same.

Whoa! sorry. went off on a mad mad tangent for a mo', there. Er... where was I? Oh yes tunnels. IAny readers of the late great UFO magazine may remember articles talking of old buildings on M.O.D. land where lift shafts were secreted inside, and could be heard working, after people went inside these small sheds and didnt come back up again. Or where several other people would suddenly appear from. Obviously coming up from some subterrenium depths and up to no good. :cry:

`This Hollow Earth` by Warren Smith is a good book.

A nice overview of all the big stories of tunnels, most bunkum, others very thoughtful.

Could someone tell me more about the green children. I'm fascinated by this subject. It seems that when they were first found they refused to eat, but when when bean pods were given to them they rushed to them and split open the pods. When they found only seeds inside, they burst out crying.

`This Hollow Earth` by Warren Smith is a good book.

A nice overview of all the big stories of tunnels, most bunkum, others very thoughtful.
I'm currently rereading that very book for the first time since my teens.

Must admit, the adult me is finding it ever-so-slightly less convincing than my younger self did!

Check out the following book:

The Lost World of Agharti, The Mystery of Vril Power

by Alec MacLellan

A blast from the past!* I remember devouring that one in one sitting, like a dog with a warm cow-pat! :nods:

*In two senses. The post was from 2005 but my reading of the book was ages before that. I recall that it was a very sorry-looking paperback from the library, so it must have enjoyed some circulation, at the time. Never seen it since!

Robert Macfarlane's Underland is a very intelligent and compassionate disquisition on subterranean tunnels and the like in the UK and elsewhere. It would be worth it just for the interview with the physicist in the salt mine under the sea near Whitby, but the rest of the book is also worth mining.

Back