• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

TV Broadcasts From The Future & Phantom Websites

A

Anonymous

This is a weird one, In 1992/93 ( can't quite remember ), I was on a training course with work, it was an overnight thing, so we were given lodgings at a hotel in Nottingham, U.K, just down the road from Trent Bridge. That evening, after quite a boring day, I retired to my room and decided to watch satellite T.V. At about 7.40 ish, during an episode of coronation street, the television faded out, no adverts, just faded out of corrie, i thought there was a problem with interfearence or something, but then straight away, the t.v faded back, same channel but not corrie, this was scenes of a celebration due to the first ever television time transmission! the scene was jubilant and the commentator said that this 'corporation' (can't remember the name) would go down in history for the first ever time travel transmission. The future, from what i could see looked o.k, nice blue skies, with sunshine, trees everywhere. No sooner had it came on than it faded back to coronation street! about two minutes later the adverts came on. Did anybody else experience anything like this? I would be interested if they have. Thanks.

I've heard of radio transmissions from the past being heard today.I'm tolds it's possible for radio signals to bounch off objects in space & be reflected back towards Earth.I remember hearing about an incident in which the QE2 recived a message originally intended for the Queen Mary sent during WWII.I don't know if it's true or just an UL.I've never heard of tranmissions from the future though.

I'm pretty sure I've seen someone post something similar to this before on IHTM. I think one of the suggested explanations was that it was an advertising campaign run by First Direct.
I can't find it at the mo though to check the dates.

skunkimunki said:
This is a weird one, In 1992/93 ( can't quite remember ), I was on a training course with work, it was an overnight thing, so we were given lodgings at a hotel in Nottingham, U.K, just down the road from Trent Bridge. That evening, after quite a boring day, I retired to my room and decided to watch satellite T.V. At about 7.40 ish, during an episode of coronation street, the television faded out, no adverts, just faded out of corrie, i thought there was a problem with interfearence or something, but then straight away, the t.v faded back, same channel but not corrie, this was scenes of a celebration due to the first ever television time transmission! the scene was jubilant and the commentator said that this 'corporation' (can't remember the name) would go down in history for the first ever time travel transmission. The future, from what i could see looked o.k, nice blue skies, with sunshine, trees everywhere. No sooner had it came on than it faded back to coronation street! about two minutes later the adverts came on. Did anybody else experience anything like this? I would be interested if they have. Thanks.

This will have been a dream. You probably just drifted to sleep for a few seconds during Corrie.

Even if the notion of receiving pictures from the future was possible, I would think such a transmission on a primary terrestrial channel such as that would have created mass alarm and been a major news item. Even if only limited to one part of nottingham it would have now been a famous event.

definitely not a dream, i was fully awake, i'd just had a shower and was contemplating going out.

Re: Re: tv broadcasts from the future?

Invay said:
Even if only limited to one part of nottingham it would have now been a famous event.

Naw, everybody would have thought they imagined it or it was a commercial or whatever. Look how long it took skunkimunki to tell anybody about it.

That's the thing about "damned" material - the ripples from it damp out pretty fast, because people don't know how to react to them, and therefore - don't react.

My personal feeling is that if something like this happened then most people who watch Corrie would ignore it and pretend it didn't happen, or not understand what happened in the first place. :D

Anyway I keep telling peple that Nottingham is a hotbed of Fortean events. See my latest thread.

Clocks in Nottingham

I still think it will have been a dream :)

(and I live in Nottingham!)

Both my mother and I are sure we saw an obituary for Angela Lansbury on the ITV lunchtime news in the mid eighties. We only found out this was wrong when new series of "Murder She Wrote" kept appearing. There was never any apology for wrongly broadcasting an obit' tape (which has happened in the past). I think Angela is still with us.

I thought spike milligan was dead then the next thing I heard he had died and I was most surprised that he was alive,even though he wasn't anymore.

I once saw shakin stevens drunk as a wasp on a kids show and he smashed up the drums.Joe Brown was there laughing at him.I have asked loads of folks about this and no one else recalls the event

milk said:
I once saw shakin stevens drunk as a wasp on a kids show and he smashed up the drums.Joe Brown was there laughing at him.I have asked loads of folks about this and no one else recalls the event

Wasn't that re-shown on one of Channel 4's clip shows, TV Hell or similar? I remeber him getting a presenter in a head lock.

I don't recall a presenter in a head lock but there was definately presenters there and lots of side ways looks from everyone that made it quite clear Shakey getting wazzed wasn't part of the script

....glad you remember it though

The presenter in a headlock courtesy of Shakin' Stevens was Richard Madeley. I don't know if Shaky was drunk, though, they only ever show that short clip.

Elffriend said:
My personal feeling is that if something like this happened then most people who watch Corrie would ignore it and pretend it didn't happen, or not understand what happened in the first place. :D

Anyway I keep telling peple that Nottingham is a hotbed of Fortean events. See my latest thread.

Clocks in Nottingham

hey, I'm a good old Nottingham born and bread aswell. A thread sounds a grand idea? Sure there are many fortean activities around and about that some are not aware of.

I can't help wondering, why would anyone want to send TV signals backwards in time? What would be the advantage? If you braodcast next weeks Lottery results then every one would pick the same numbers and no one would get any extra money!

Austen said:
I can't help wondering, why would anyone want to send TV signals backwards in time? What would be the advantage? If you braodcast next weeks Lottery results then every one would pick the same numbers and no one would get any extra money!

Been playing for years and only won about forty quid, so the numbers for a tenner would be appreciated, not least the jackpot!

The very fact that there is a growing number of FT readers in the Nottingham area could mean that that in itself is of FT interest!!

Jaroson said:
The very fact that there is a growing number of FT readers in the Nottingham area could mean that that in itself is of FT interest!!

:rofl:

Back