• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

TV Broadcasts From The Future & Phantom Websites

Clearly visible was a torpedo- shaped structure attached to the fuselage.

What, this.....
1-767anomaly5.jpg

....standard WTC/911 disinfo.

Or, put another way, classic mainstreamed media honeypot imaginary imagery.

As is the vast majority of 911 imagery

Last edited:
"I think you'll find that is an artifact of light on the wing where it blends to the body. AA livery has silver wings with the blend in cream/white, that is what you can see there. The reason why it is on one side is again due to the light only on one side of the aircraft, in this case it is consistent with the angle of the sun around that time of the morning relative to the aircraft position en route to impact angle into the towers." (This was written by husband not me... who raised his eyes in disbelief at idea of a torpedo, having worked on various aircrafts including typhoon and eurofighter).

Last edited:
Speaking of weird TV happenings...

I have a bizarre yet persistent memory involving one of the Olympics that took place at some point during the 80s (could have been summer or winter).
I think it was either the opening or closing ceremony. I have a vague memory of a lot of fanfair and smoke as some sort of figure stepped out of what seemed to be a huge spaceship-type structure high up in the stands. I know this sounds bizarre but my memory of it is pretty vague - I was born in 1981 therefore was quite young at the time. I presume the experience was the result of the overactive imagination of a child, but I am sure that it is based on some actual event of an ostensibly similar type that probably has a rational and rather mundane explanation - any ideas? This memory has intrigued me ever since, and would really like to know if any event of the type (i.e. a ceremony with an extra-terrestrial theme) ever took place.

Also, a year or two ago I was watching a news channel into the small hours and recall some breaking news regarding a hi-jacked plane. I went to bed expecting to hear more about it in the morning, but I never heard of it again. One explanation could be that it was not a news-worthy item by the next the day, but this seems unlikely, especially considering it was post-11/9.
Reports of this type seem to crop up regularly in FT - mistaken reporting due to misinformation by a media keen to cover-up such an embarassment being the most probable explanation.

(I am moving back to nottingham next month after an absence of 4 years - so thats (at least) 5 FT readers)
This is an old post so I don't know if you will see this, but you might be remembering Muhammad Ali stepping out of a swirl of smoke high up in the stands in LA and lighting the torch. It was a big surprise he was there, and very dramatic.

I found this discussion after googling "message from time travelers on uk tv" because of an experience I had around 92. It was quite late, maybe 2am or so when the film I was watching was interrupted by somebody who said they were sending a broadcast back in time to celebrate the anniversary of first successful time travel on this day (that day in 92). I thought it part of an advert at the time and was expecting a punchline later....nothing! Over the following weeks I asked friends if they had seen it but nobody had. It struck me as odd that the film wasn't paused for the advert but had seemed to have been running while the advert was playing.

I found this discussion after googling "message from time travelers on uk tv" because of an experience I had around 92. It was quite late, maybe 2am or so when the film I was watching was interrupted by somebody who said they were sending a broadcast back in time to celebrate the anniversary of first successful time travel on this day (that day in 92). I thought it part of an advert at the time and was expecting a punchline later....nothing! Over the following weeks I asked friends if they had seen it but nobody had. It struck me as odd that the film wasn't paused for the advert but had seemed to have been running while the advert was playing.

I was the original poster of this thread, it was me in Nottingham, and it sounds like you had the exact same experience as I had...

Anymore details??

Hey matt_tee, this account of a TV transmission from the future has just been posted on Reddit which has a few similarities with your memory.

"...a lab type room, there were scientist looking people (dressed in lab coats etc) in the room and they were having a Christmas party, party hats / little paper trumpets etc, from what I remember one of the people came to the camera and said happy Christmas (it wasn't Christmas) and went on to say they were testing to see they could send a television broadcast back in time, time travel was impossible but they experiment thought they could send a signal back..."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Glitch_in_t...z/a_tv_advert_no_one_else_seems_to_have_seen/

Thanks, I will check it out!

It would be nice if someone could track down the original ad on YouTube to put our minds at rest. With all the thousands of hours of commercials on that site you'd expect someone had recorded it, wouldn't you?

I remember this, vaguely. The main thing I remember is that it was an advert. It was the staged type, so the first time you see it it piques your curiosity; after a week or so the "full version" is shown that includes the product being advertised.

That's why those who (maybe) only saw the first variant could not understand in what way it was an advert.

Can't remember what it was advertising, but it may have been something very mundane indeed, like a biscuit or something like that.

Also saw this, all I remember is a calm female voice over and a very upbeat positive tone to it, certainly made me feel brighter about the future, noone else in my house noticed it, and never saw it again :)

Back in the 90s I was lying in bed one night listening to a radio station (most likely Radio 1) and the news came on.

The first story was of John Major being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his work attempting to stop the carnage in Northern Ireland.

I remember hearing it clear as day.

Next day absolutely nothing and JM was of course never awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

If I dreamed it it was very realistic and as I have little interest in British politics would have been a strange subject to dream about anyway.

Or woke up in a parallel universe and slept back into your own again.

Or woke up in a parallel universe and slept back into your own again.

I hope so ... dreaming about John Major doesn't sound very wholesome especially if Edwina Currie is their in a supporting role as well!

What a horrible thought - I shall now go and lie down in a dark room and think very hard about something else.

I hope so ... dreaming about John Major doesn't sound very wholesome especially if Edwina Currie is their in a supporting role as well!

What a horrible thought - I shall now go and lie down in a dark room and think very hard about something else.
Maybe in a parallel universe, they're King and Queen. Or something.

Back in the 90s I was lying in bed one night listening to a radio station (most likely Radio 1) and the news came on.

The first story was of John Major being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his work attempting to stop the carnage in Northern Ireland.

Next day absolutely nothing and JM was of course never awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

If I dreamed it it was very realistic and as I have little interest in British politics would have been a strange subject to dream about anyway.

It might have been a possibility if Peter Brooke had remained as Secretary of State for Northern Ireland. His determination to bring people together was captured vividly by Martyn Turner with a cartoon in the Irish Times.

It was 1989/90, in the first panel a crowd in Eastern Europe were shouting: "Democracy, Elections" at a figure on a balcony; in the second panel, Peter Brookes was on the balcony and he was shouting: "Democracy, Elections!" at the crowd.

Sure you didn't mishear the story and it was John Hume that was referred to?

Sure you didn't mishear the story and it was John Hume that was referred to?

It was a long time ago and late at night so it could have been - but I certainly woke up convinced it was about John Major.

It was a long time ago and late at night so it could have been - but I certainly woke up convinced it was about John Major.

Major's name would likely have featured in the same news story, having played a prominent role in the peace process.

I've had more sense from this than years of my own searching but I'm still not happy, I'm sure the broadcast interrupted a program, I remember them talking about the near future, they had purple hair and silver suits, women where dancing in the middle of two spinning rings, I've seen the broadcast that people say it could have been, it's not that. I'll keep searching though, thanks everyone

Ahh, Gabrielle Drake...!

Used to watch that now and then, wasn't impressed by the way the women were all dressed/wigged identically as if they had no individual identities. I couldn't tell them apart. (That was probably the idea. As a budding little feminist this turned me off it.)

Anyway, something else nagged me about them which I couldn't place until quite recently when I was shown a photo of them. They sometimes wore the wrong costume, or stood in for someone else! You could tell because they didn't always fit in one particular area.

Shouldn't nightclubs be in inverted commas?

;)

maximus otter

No not really the famous floating brothel River Palace was towed away years ago and the nightclubs are just night clubs these days.

It's called progress I suppose.

Used to watch that now and then, wasn't impressed by the way the women were all dressed/wigged identically as if they had no individual identities. I couldn't tell them apart. (That was probably the idea. As a budding little feminist this turned me off it.)

Anyway, something else nagged me about them which I couldn't place until quite recently when I was shown a photo of them. They sometimes wore the wrong costume, or stood in for someone else! You could tell because they didn't always fit in one particular area.
I'm sure my brother had some kids' magazine in the 60s that showed us how we'd all live in the future. We'd travel on hovercraft/monorails and wear tin foil suits, etc. And now it is the future and we still aren't wearing tin foil (except those of us with tin foil hats). I feel vaguely cheated that I don't have a jet pack or hovercraft. That outfit wouldn't be a good look, although no-one would batt an eyelid if you walked down the street with purple hair. Only pensioners with blue rinses had purple hair in the 60s...

They are showing UFO on Forces TV Sat 11 Nov at 11pm
Ch 96 freeview if you can get it.

It was only the moonbase staff who wore the silver uniforms and purple wigs (and not all the time). Wanda Ventham didn't put up with that shit, however.

It was only the moonbase staff who wore the silver uniforms and purple wigs (and not all the time). Wanda Ventham didn't put up with that shit, however.

You nerd.

Hey, Wanda Ventham is Benedict Cumberbatch's Mum!

Back