• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

TV Broadcasts From The Future & Phantom Websites

it din't look like CGI (or at least thats how i remenber it)
also how does it sound vaguely familiar?
I wish I could say for sure! I just have this nagging feeling that I've seen something similar to what you've described. Can't be any more specific than that, I'm afraid.

... i remenber once circa 2009-2010 or sometime in that period stumbling into a site written in a bizzare language wich i could not understand ...

the website looked like a bizzare paranormal-only version of youtube and it's banner was a generic CGI drawing of three flying saucers flying in formation ...

in one side of the road was a small car that looked like those weird small cars from the 60's though it was in pristine condition ...

There are too few substantive clues to support a proactive search - particularly a search for videos, which are the worst-indexed type of digital content.

The 3 clues listed above are the ones that might be most useful in tracking down the image(s) / video.

I'd suggest you first figure out what language / script you saw that looked something like Arabic, but perhaps not Arabic. My first suggestion would be something south Asian, in the region from India eastward through Thailand, etc.

This geographical range would be consistent with the 'weird small car' bit, assuming you were referring to a microcar or 3- OR 4-wheeled motorcycle-based vehicle.

Another approach would be to search for the site's logo (3 flying saucers in formation), but you'd need to recall and specify exactly how that banner appeared.

Have you tried The Wayback Machine, Enola's site of preference for digging up lost webpages?

The Wayback Machine isn't configured to serve as a space within which you search for things in general.

It's an archive space within which you search for stored versions of web materials whose URL you already know or whose past location(s) your have already ascertained.

Another approach would be to search for the site's logo (3 flying saucers in formation), but you'd need to recall and specify exactly how that banner appeared.
ufos-vinyl-decal.jpg

I'd suggest you first figure out what language / script you saw that looked something like Arabic, but perhaps not Arabic. My first suggestion would be something south Asian, in the region from India eastward through Thailand, etc.
it was definitely something from the middle-east, south asia region
this
the banner was mildly realistic, looking like one of those cgi drawings people use in book titles or article illustrations

Back in the 1970s, US television shows would go into repeats during the summer months (typically returning with new episodes in September). Sometimes, in lieu of repeats, they would broadcast summer replacements, which were series that, for whatever reason, never made the regular schedule. They typically had only a handful of episodes and these were shown to allow the network to recoup some of their investment.

I recall one show in particular that aired briefly in the summer of 1974 or 75. It involved a man who had "died" on the operating table but was sent back so that he could right wrongs and help people in need. I have no recollection of the show title or the name of the person who starred in the show - only that he was (at the time) featured in a series of Mazda car commercials. There were maybe 3-4 weekly episodes but the only plot I remember involved a golem of some kind.

Long-story short, there appears to be absolutely no trace and no memory of this show. I have looked in books, scanned numerous websites, even contacted TV Guide magazine, but no one seems to have any recollection of such a show. I can understand that, perhaps, none of the episodes are still in existence. But you would think there would be some record, somewhere, of it having been on the air.

Does this show ring a bell for anyone?

S

This may not be the right thread, but I haven´t come across a 9/11 oddities thread, so here goes on media oddity:
On Sept. 11 2001, I heard the radio news here in Berlin, Germany reporting on the events as they unfolded. On the situation at the Pentagon, they first said: There has been an attack on the Pentagon, possibly a car bomb. Later, when I read about the improbabilities of the Official Report, I remembered that first news report which didn´t mention a plane, obviously, as there was no wreckage on the site of the "crash" ( the official explanation being that the plane pulverized on impact, an unheard- of event ). Leaving that wing of the building with very little damage and on fire. Be that as it may be.
The other, creepier event had me looking at a 911- truth website weeks after the events. At the time, I had a dial-up modem and picture links were opening slowly. One picture took very long loading and as it opened it was very big on my screen- very high resolution- and as I scrolled/ scanned across it, I saw it was a photograph of one plane as it is just about to impact the building, taken looking up from the foot of the tower. Clearly visible was a torpedo- shaped structure attached to the fuselage. At that moment, my girlfriend entered the room and looked at the screen. Seconds later, the window with the image just vanished. " Did you just see that? " I asked her. "Yes, there was a plane with a sort of rocket attached to it." she answered.
Try as I might, I couldn´t get to open that link and see the image again.
There is an image like this, it was on the cover of "Der Spiegel" ( the german version of Newsweek ) at that time, but the resolution of the print is too grainy to see the plane as clearly as I did then.
holy shit! i remenber this too, but never put too much thought in it before, the image clearly showed a metalic sphere or oval structure indented below the plane
i saw it in a truther video many years ago back when youtube had just started

I just see the kind of flattened bottom section you see on some types of airplanes.

The Boeing 767 in United Airlines livery from below - slightly bulbous in midsection, white line along the underside. Not sure what "sphere" you mean - could it be the exhaust from engines running at full power?

0699766.jpg

I have a memory of seeing something on TV in my neighbour's basement one summer morning when I was about 4 years old, and I've always wondered what it was. It might have been a public information film, but my memory is of a teenage girl stumbling out of a marsh with rivulets of mud running down her face and all over her blue cagoule, looking very abashed because she had nearly drowned in the water. No idea what this was, I would try BBC Genome but it's not much to go on, is it?

Hmmm... I love Public Information Films but I can't think of one off-hand that has this particular scene, yet at the same time it does sound vaguely familiar.

So I'm intrigued.

Can you remember what the girl looked like, did she have long/short hair, pigtails, etc? And what year roughly would we be speaking about here?

Random programmes that come to mind are Timeslip and Sapphire and Steel (not that I recall such a scene in either of them, but they've popped into my head upon reading your post so I thought I'd mention them).

Hmmm... I love Public Information Films but I can't think of one off-hand that has this particular scene, yet at the same time it does sound vaguely familiar.

So I'm intrigued.

Can you remember what the girl looked like, did she have long/short hair, pigtails, etc? And what year roughly would we be speaking about here?

Random programmes that come to mind are Timeslip and Sapphire and Steel (not that I recall such a scene in either of them, but they've popped into my head upon reading your post so I thought I'd mention them).

She was white and had long brown hair, and a blue jacket. Can't be specific on the year, but mid-1970s anyway. I moved out of that house in 1978, so before then. It wasn't the spirit of dark and lonely water, but it was along those lines. Might have been a schools programme? Wasn't Timeslip, I never watched that, and I was an avid fan of Sapphire and Steel so it wasn't that either (think they were studio bound, weren't they?). This was on in the morning.

She was white and had long brown hair, and a blue jacket. Can't be specific on the year, but mid-1970s anyway. I moved out of that house in 1978, so before then. It wasn't the spirit of dark and lonely water, but it was along those lines. Might have been a schools programme? Wasn't Timeslip, I never watched that, and I was an avid fan of Sapphire and Steel so it wasn't that either (think they were studio bound, weren't they?). This was on in the morning.

Lonely Water seems to be the only public info film from that era involving a marsh, a girl in a blue jacket and drowning, so if that's not it, I have no idea.
If you want more generalised traumatic childhood flashbacks, the National Archives has loads of them.
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/films/1964to1979/

Lonely Water seems to be the only public info film from that era involving a marsh, a girl in a blue jacket and drowning, so if that's not it, I have no idea.
If you want more generalised traumatic childhood flashbacks, the National Archives has loads of them.
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/films/1964to1979/

Just watched Lonely Water again and it certainly wasn't that, it was a drama of some kind, no Donald Pleasence narration and the teenage girl was stumbling out of the marsh after nearly drowning, which doesn't happen in that PIF. Guess I'll never know!

I find it curious that though OP's report was identified as a First Direct ad, there is no sign of it on youtube!

I find it curious that though OP's report was identified as a First Direct ad
So do I, but that does sound about right.

My instinct is that FD may have used either Fallon or Saatchi & Saatchi for such a campaign....it resonates with the early/mid 1990s semi-minimalist style used by Orange/Hutchison and similar brand identities.

I'd forgotten all about those sub-kitsch ads for Guinness, those retrofuturistic 'Psi' guru ones that're being mentioned on the respective thread elsewhere here on FTMB, until they were covered as a topic.

there is no sign of it on youtube!
Well, yes, but if it's not been uploaded from a random VHS/Betamax tape from the era, the rights holders are extremely-unlikely to place it up on YT from BetacamSP or whatever tape format it is currently mouldering upon.

The puzzle with YT, which equals or exceeds that of its content, is the mystery of what has (or will happen) to non-digitised/non-archived non-features content that languishes in potential vaults across the world. Has it all been binned, already and always? Being kept as some investment possibility for the future?

Nobody ever really registers or records the middle-now of the present. Or maybe now they do, but it's far too damned late, for that which has trickled past us all.

Just watched Lonely Water again and it certainly wasn't that, it was a drama of some kind, no Donald Pleasence narration and the teenage girl was stumbling out of the marsh after nearly drowning, which doesn't happen in that PIF. Guess I'll never know!

just watched this, i remember having to watch this at school, back when they enforced all the warning films to kids.

on watching this, its reminded me of another film/drama. i barely remember much of it but i remember it was shown on BBC2 years ago in the early 1980s evening time. it was one of their artsy fartsy dramas they had a thing for and it had no dialogue just really creepy alternative incidental music sounds. all i can remember of the film is it had young kids doing their thing near boggy ditches and the camera kept focusing on submerged leaking toxic looking barrel drums. and there was a sinister spectre standing from afar in misty backgrounds.
it really did give me the creeps and at about 7 ish years old i shouldnt have been watching and my mum caught me and made me turn it off and go to bed.
it really was a creepy drama whatever it was called

I think the original part of this thread refers to this link:
http://www.forteantimes.com/happened/futurecalls.shtml

And that link never survived, sadly...

Retrieved via Wayback Machine

https://web.archive.org/web/20010717143631/http://www.forteantimes.com/happened/futurecalls.shtml

Broadcasts from the future?

Nick Smith

In the late summer of 1989 I recieved a broadcast on my home T.V which purported to be from the future.

I know this sounds odd to say the least,but heres my account for what its worth. At the time I was a student nurse and was living in a hospital house overlooking Brighton, which coincidentally was a mile or so from the area's main TV transmitter on the citys well known "Race Hill". I had a portable TV and video in my room which was run from its own internal aerial as I had no connection poiny for the roof top reciever, but proximity to the transmitter meant picture quality was unusually good. The strange message I speak of took place in front of myself and a housemate of mine who had no tv of their own.

I do not recall the exact date but remember the BBC evening news was on, suddenly the picture disappeared and was replaced by a very grainy and jumpt image of a city absolutely teeming with people, there appeared to be many raised transparent tubes between buildings carrying people about the skyscape, and architecture of a very unusual type, with domes and skyscrapers everywhere, there was something of the movie Metropolis about this place which included flying vehicles and neon signs. The montage continued with shots of different "cities", each with simular building types and each having the appearance of being extremeley busy (and oddly impersonal) places.

While these images flashed by at a fast pace, a transparent female face overlayed the images and began to explain in english that this was a "test transmission" from the year 2300" ( I remember thinking at least we make it that far). She repeated this, adding this was the "future calling". The sound quality was poor but the lady added that we would recieve more messages in the future, ( I presume she wasnt referring specifically to myself and my colleagu,e as to my certain knowlege neither of us has ever witnessed anything like that subsequently,). As suddenly as it began the broadcast ended with fist the picture going black then the voice fading away, and then we were back to our interrupted news broadcast.

I immediately thought this was an ad of an unusal type. You know, no mention of a product or logo or how to purhase , but then remembered that the BBC don't run ads. There was no other ads surrounding it, either. I then thought perhaps we had picked up an overlapped transmission from another channel. A quick flick around ITV and Channel 4 revealed nothig even remotely like what had just popped onto the BBC. Of course it may have been a pirate broadcast, but if so the special effects were of superb quality and would have been costly to organise. I have absolutely no doubt that this broadcast was highly unusual and remember at the time it caused both of us to recognise that something out of the ordinary had just taken place. We quizzed eveyone we knew about this event, no one else had seen anything like we described, we checked the papers and TV listings for that evening, the event was not advertised on the terrestrial networks, neither was there any subsequent news items regarding "rogue transmissions".

I often think about these events and would dearly love a rational explanation, or at least other witnesses to swap notes with. By the way I loathe science fiction and even now do not believe that the future can possibly be like the images I saw, as they resembled Blade Runner and other Hollywood predictions too much. And when are movie predictions ever accurate?

Anyway, that's the story, hope you can help

Nick Smith

MYSTERY SOLVED?

Lyndon Bulmer
Just a quick mail to let everyone know that the strange broadcasts people experienced, was an advertising campaign for First Direct (The telephone bank). It was a very expensive advertising campaign for the launch. The advert was only played several times at key moments. And was the first advertisement to actually "cut" into prime time programs.

Owen Whiteoak

There is a possibility that radio interference due to e.g. a meteor in the atmosphere caused a foreign (albeit English-language in this case) broadcast to be picked up by British TV aerials. Astronomers monitor meteor showers by tuning an ordinary radio to the wavelength of a station not normally receivable (because the transmitters are over the horizon). They thus pick up white noise or static, but when a clear signal comes through, it indicates that a meteor has deflected the signal back to Earth. If some other station (overseas, so not listed in UK press) was broadcasting an SF programme using a wavelength close to that of BBC, this could have produced brief interference. Of course, it could also have been deliberate hoax...

Dan Helmick

John Carpenter's movie Prince of Darkness presented staticky "televised broadcasts" from the distant future. It's tough to posit a possible advertising connection, however, since the film came out in 1987...unless it was for the video release...

Nik Sopwith

Reading the two accounts regarding a TV broadcast from the future reminded

Nick Smith

In the late summer of 1989 I recieved a broadcast on my home T.V which purported to be from the future.

I do not recall the exact date but remember the BBC evening news was on, suddenly the picture disappeared and was replaced by a very grainy and jumpt image of a city absolutely teeming with people, there appeared to be many raised transparent tubes between buildings carrying people about the skyscape, and architecture of a very unusual type, with domes and skyscrapers everywhere, there was something of the movie Metropolis about this place which included flying vehicles and neon signs. The montage continued with shots of different "cities", each with simular building types and each having the appearance of being extremeley busy (and oddly impersonal) places.

While these images flashed by at a fast pace, a transparent female face overlayed the images and began to explain in english that this was a "test transmission" from the year 2300" ( I remember thinking at least we make it that far). She repeated this, adding this was the "future calling". The sound quality was poor but the lady added that we would recieve more messages in the future, ( I presume she wasnt referring specifically to myself and my colleagu,e as to my certain knowlege neither of us has ever witnessed anything like that subsequently,). As suddenly as it began the broadcast ended with fist the picture going black then the voice fading away, and then we were back to our interrupted news broadcast.

I immediately thought this was an ad of an unusal type. You know, no mention of a product or logo or how to purhase , but then remembered that the BBC don't run ads. There was no other ads surrounding it, either. I then thought perhaps we had picked up an overlapped transmission from another channel. A quick flick around ITV and Channel 4 revealed nothig even remotely like what had just popped onto the BBC. Of course it may have been a pirate broadcast, but if so the special effects were of superb quality and would have been costly to organise. I have absolutely no doubt that this broadcast was highly unusual and remember at the time it caused both of us to recognise that something out of the ordinary had just taken place. We quizzed eveyone we knew about this event, no one else had seen anything like we described, we checked the papers and TV listings for that evening, the event was not advertised on the terrestrial networks, neither was there any subsequent news items regarding "rogue transmissions".

I often think about these events and would dearly love a rational explanation, or at least other witnesses to swap notes with. By the way I loathe science fiction and even now do not believe that the future can possibly be like the images I saw, as they resembled Blade Runner and other Hollywood predictions too much. And when are movie predictions ever accurate?

Anyway, that's the story, hope you can help

Nick Smith

MYSTERY SOLVED?

Lyndon Bulmer
Just a quick mail to let everyone know that the strange broadcasts people experienced, was an advertising campaign for First Direct (The telephone bank). It was a very expensive advertising campaign for the launch. The advert was only played several times at key moments. And was the first advertisement to actually "cut" into prime time programs.
ilm came out in 1987...unless it was for the video release...

"To launch their new, cutting edge, over the phone bank service, First Direct advertised in a new way. During a showing of Romancing The Stone on ITV on the 1st October 1989, an advert for Audi was interrupted by this apparent broadcast from the year 2010, the banks 21st anniversary. The advert was shown at exactly the same time on Channel 4, too."

"To launch their new, cutting edge, over the phone bank service, First Direct advertised in a new way. During a showing of Romancing The Stone on ITV on the 1st October 1989, an advert for Audi was interrupted by this apparent broadcast from the year 2010, the banks 21st anniversary. The advert was shown at exactly the same time on Channel 4, too."

Reminds me more of those SEGA PIRATE TV commercials from the early 90s. :)

And that link never survived, sadly...

Retrieved via Wayback Machine

https://web.archive.org/web/20010717143631/http://www.forteantimes.com/happened/futurecalls.shtml

Broadcasts from the future?

Nick Smith

I know this sounds odd to say the least,but heres my account for what its worth. At the time I was a student nurse and was living in a hospital house overlooking Brighton, which coincidentally was a mile or so from the area's main TV transmitter on the citys well known "Race Hill". I had a portable TV and video in my room which was run from its own internal aerial as I had no connection poiny for the roof top reciever, but proximity to the transmitter meant picture quality was unusually good. The strange message I speak of took place in front of myself and a housemate of mine who had no tv of their own.

It's good to see the First Direct advert, but it doesn't seem to be very similar to Nick's description. The fact it was BBC, the wrong year, the buildings etc. Was there another FD ad?

Back