TV & Movie Clichés

Rinox

Fresh Blood
This may have been done before, if so, I apologize. Please add if you have new ideas!

Grocery shopping is always in brown paper bags with either (but never both!) a bread stick or a bunch of celery sticking out.

People on the phone never say goodbye.

Arranging a date, no-one says where or when, they just turn up at the right place and time.

Car park - they always find one right away.

Female characters being chased will always trip over and hurt their ankle.

No-one wakes up with bed hair or morning breath.

People only drink red wine.

Villains are English and posh.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
If you're a young man and your girlfriends just dumped you, it will start raining and the dumping itself is very likely to happen in a car park .... at night time ...

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Bombs always have big red LED displays.
Bad guys are terrible shots.
The best way to put someone under covert surveillance is stand across the road from their home/workplace/restaurants etc reading a newspaper at all hours of the day and night and in all weathers.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Helicopters are silent until they are seen. The hero of the film could be on top of a cliff or high building and everything is silent. Suddenly a helicopter rises up and then and only then is it heard.

Swifty

Helicopters are silent until they are seen. The hero of the film could be on top of a cliff or high building and everything is silent. Suddenly a helicopter rises up and then and only then is it heard.
LOL .. that's true .. I hadn't thought about that before.

Ulalume

tart of darkness
Was always a fan of Chekov's statement that said...If you see a gun in Act 1...it's fired in Act 3.
haha, I was just thinking about this while watching an episode of "Will and Grace" I'd never seen before. The characters were in a piano bar. A piano is never there just by happenstance. A piano is there because one of the characters is going to break into a musical number any moment now. Sure enough, seconds later, Will is singing "I honestly love you"...
:p

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Every car chase will crash though a watermelon stand and some roadworks. The road workers will shimmy left-right-left-right before diving out of the way.

(Are watermelon stands even a thing?)

Swifty

I remember a time not so long ago when a scary ghost in almost every horror film wasn't automatically the Sadako lookalike little girl in a tattered white dress with long black hair hanging over her face. It's getting past a joke now ..

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
The cars usually hit a water bottle carrying lorry
None of the people in a horror film seem to have watched a horror film, with the way they act ie: Splitting up, going into the woods alone and using torches that appear to have Asda smart price batteries in them.

Shady

And the local tv news, when they have overweight ladies wearing t shirts hastily pulled over their clothes advertising some kind of local wrong doing

Shady

In any movie, when they are trying to defend themselves they drop the object they intend to use as their defense.
Any kid who is the lead in a film, usually is much smarter than the thick as a brick adults.

Swifty

The bomb with the red digital display that's diffused through pure correct wire guess work with only 2 seconds to go until it explodes.

Shady

Airwolf was terrible for this :p Altho it had stealth mode i am sure you could still be able to hear it coming up behind you :p

Shady

The fact they know how to fly an alien ship

Shady

:lol: and the famous screech it always made :p

Shady

I always hated the bit in most films when the downtrodden hero ALWAYS told his boring sob story

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Any school, college or university class will be interrupted by the bell within seconds of the scene beginning.

That old favourite: any man suffering a brutal kick to the bollocks will recover in mere moments.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Any plan or action declared to be impossible by a character is not merely possible but inevitable.

Every person in a coma recovers.

Secretaries wear glasses, but only at work.

All children dropped off at school must walk a few steps before breaking into a run as the parent looks on fondly.