• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

TV program, imagined or real?

A

Anonymous

Does anyone remember a TV program from the early 80's staring Peter Egon (the naughty neighbor from the sitcom Ever Decreasing Circles!) in which he was trapped in some meditaranian country whilst haunted by demons!!?

Seem to remember it had a lot of running about empty corridors and featured a rather ugly door knocker in the opening title!

Vague I know, but it didn't half give me the creeps at the time, still does come to think of it!

I've asked around but no one seems to remember it and I'm sure it's not something I imagined as a child!

Just wondering anyhoo!
Cheers

Spooky Templar Stuff

'Twas Dark Side Of The Sun , and it caused me many a shiver, I can tell you!

As I remember it, Patrick Mower was a reporter or photographer in Rhodes, who stumbles across a Templar ceremony, and after being terrified and pursued by something (later disappointingly revealed to be imaginary rats), has a spectacular dive through his jeep's windscreen, followed by being blown up.

Back in Blighty, his wife, after hearing of his death, starts seeing Patrick's ghost in all sorts of places, and after having a bit of a breakdown, goes off to Rhodes herself to find out the truth. Things are a bit hazy after that, but I think that Peter Egan (basically playing the same sort of character he did in Ever Decreasing Circles , except an immortal Templar) has some sort of evil plot, which involves boffing Mower's widow whilst disguised as the dead bloke. It all seems to end in the traditional conflagaration, and the widow goes back to Britain, where she either is, or believes that she's pregnant (it's already been established that she can't have children). Cut to the miraculously ressurected Egan, who is also in the UK, and concluding some sort of business deal, when he suddenly looks worried, cue crash zoom and spooky sound fx, end series...

ISTR that the ending was someting to do with the unborn child being the only thing that could destroy him for good. I'm sorry to be so vague, but I can only clearly remember bits and pieces. There was a great seance scene, with Mower's reverbed voice coming from another character, explaining the plot. There was also a tie in novelisation, which would be clearer than me on what it was all about. Time to check the charity shops methinks...

Back