• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

TV Programme In Old Jail Ghost

MorningAngel

Justified & Ancient
I hope I haven’t mentioned this before.

I remember seeing a programme ages ago where they were looking for ghosts in an old dark jail. You briefly saw a girl but there was never any mention of it. Did anyone else see this? Or did I imagine it?

I hope I haven’t mentioned this before.

I remember seeing a programme ages ago where they were looking for ghosts in an old dark jail. You briefly saw a girl but there was never any mention of it. Did anyone else see this? Or did I imagine it?
Got any more clues?

Got any more clues?

There was a woman host, I don’t think it was Most Haunted unless it was very early days. They weren’t going over the top like later. I think they would have mentioned it if it was them.

It was a really old jail possibly more goal. The girl was just as they panned to one of the cells and then gone.

Actually maybe it was Most Haunted the first series episode 7 is Derby Goal.

Actually maybe it was Most Haunted the first series episode 7 is Derby Goal.

They’re on Amazon Prime but numbered differently. I’ve had a look but that doesn’t look like I remember. There was a cell that just had ‘bars’ I think they were wooden rather than metal around it and that’s where she was seen.

Ps I don’t remember the stupid lighting this episode used either.

This one?

I’m not sure. I’ve not seen the bit I remember. And I don’t remember it having the lighting they’ve got.

There was someone talking and an open looking cell that you could see through. The girl was like on the bars and as the camera moved she disappeared. It wasn’t like they were talking about a young girl. You know sometimes they add things they are talking about. Whoever made it probably did put it in there but I’ve never heard anything about it anywhere.

I’m not sure. I’ve not seen the bit I remember. And I don’t remember it having the lighting they’ve got.

There was someone talking and an open looking cell that you could see through. The girl was like on the bars and as the camera moved she disappeared. It wasn’t like they were talking about a young girl. You know sometimes they add things they are talking about. Whoever made it probably did put it in there but I’ve never heard anything about it anywhere.

It had walls like this and was on the end making a corner.
D622ACC8-C6FF-407E-94C9-C825E206FF1A.jpeg

My wife and myself were in the audience for Most Haunted in Derby. I phoned not thinking that we would get a seat in the audience but we did.

I related this years ago but will repeat myself.

We phoned Derby tourist information centre to get directions to the old jail. A lady answered and whispered that she couldn't talk as they were filming at that very moment. Later that they would play clips from what they shot that afternoon. When Derek Acorah was doing his stuff in the Tourist Information Centre the phone could be heard to ring. I laughed and blamed my wife.

Strangely though, in the old jail my wife went into the first cell and mentioned that she felt like the door wanted to close on her (she is largely sceptical). During the evening Derek went into same said cell and mentioned a man in here who wants to shut the cell door on him.

Also the other cell had no windows. I asked my wife to stand at the back of the cell and I would photograph her using the camera flash. She was convinced that someone poked her hard in the back and legged it out. I went around the pitch black cell myself feeling at the walls and felt nothing. To be honest, if I'd had felt a face I may well have shite myself.

Anyone remember "Dead Famous" with Gail Porter?

In one episode (in an old house - I think...) the figure of a man blatantly appeared and they didn't even seem to make all that much of it. To the point I wondered if it wasn't just a homeless man walking in off the street? I have Googled but can't find any reference to it. It did look much more "real" than anything I ever saw on "Most Haunted". But as I say so real as to probably have a non paranormal explanation.

I'd love to see it again. Anyone remember it?

It wasxs

In one episode (in an old house - I think...) the figure of a man blatantly appeared and they didn't even seem to make all that much of it. To the point I wondered if it wasn't just a homeless man walking in off the street? I have Googled but can't find any reference to it. It did look much more "real" than anything I ever saw on "Most Haunted". But as I say so real as to probably have a non paranormal explanation.

[/QUOTE
It was quite good. Did she go to the hotel in LA Marylin Monroe is meant to haunt?

I remember this episode. There was a bearded man standing motionless at the top of a staircase as they were ascending. They walked right past him and he seemed perfectly corporeal. It was mentioned after that they hadn't noticed him at the time, nor did anybody recognise him as a crew or staff member. Off the top of my head I think they were investigating Whaley House although I can't find any details or video clips to confirm.

The Whaley House is a museum, so it would not be impossible if they visited the museum during opening hours.

It was the Jim Morrison episode where they visited the Whaley House.

The Whaley House is a museum, so it would not be impossible if they visited the museum during opening hours.

It was the Jim Morrison episode where they visited the Whaley House.

It was! I remember now! Gonna re-watch this. Thanks.

Back