• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Paranormal: Caught On Camera
Blaze freeview 63 some odd stuff on there,
also
Paranatural.

In the UK: tonight, 10.00 on Channel 4, Three Identical Strangers. One of the documentaries of the decade. Very Fortean. Don't miss it!
Based on your comments GNC I recorded this at the time and have only just got round to watching it. All I can say, is wow, wow and wow. What an incredible film, thanks for giving me a heads up about it.

Based on your comments GNC I recorded this at the time and have only just got round to watching it. All I can say, is wow, wow and wow. What an incredible film, thanks for giving me a heads up about it.

Fantastic, really glad you enjoyed it! One of the best documentaries of the 10s, Fortean or otherwise. Raises so many questions and doesn't even answer them all, yet is still absolutely gripping. Spread the word!

Welcome to our village please invade quietly,
Radio 4EX also on BBC player, a village is selected
as a experiment by aliens on how to invade Earth
resistance is led by Jen from the IT crowd funny.

The Repair Shop on BBC iplayer

Simon Dinsdale (son of Tim Dinsdale*) gets his father's binoculars repaired.

*The guy who filmed "Nessie".

Not very fortean I know.

l enjoy The Repair Shop, and l’m keen on good-quality optics, so l watched this episode with considerable interest. It was a shock to see the crappy pair of bins that Dinsdale regarded as being suitable for his task. l’d have given them to a kid for watching sparrows in a garden.

More info here.

maximus otter

I'm not sure if the Travel channel is called so outside of Sweden but it is ONLY paranormal stuff - UFO's, Bigfoot Hunting, Earth Mysteries, Ghost hunting shows. Loads of late night "I should be in bed but I'll just watch one more" stuff.

Also, generally for those who don't know, the second History channel (H2) does a good job with Ancient Aliens, NASA's Unexplined files etc etc. "The Curse of Skinwalker Ranch" is starting here in May but I think it is already running in the UK and the US.

I think someone was asking about supernatural TV shows, and I wanted to share a resource site that I used to collect folk horror movies and shows, but I couldn't find. It turns out it was deleted. Here's what remains as cached at archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190825212029/http://webspace.webring.com/people/th/hauntedtv/index.htm

For example, shows from the first half of the 1970s:

https://web.archive.org/web/2019081...ce.webring.com/people/th/hauntedtv/70to75.htm

Excellent! Thanks.

INTO THE NIGHT new series from May1st on Netflix...

When the sun inexplicably starts killing everything and everyone in its path, a few ‘lucky’ passengers and crew of an overnight flight out of Brussels try to survive as they fly west - into the night.

A Facebook reminder: For those of you with FB accounts, the excellent Rob Lloyd Parry will be doing a reading of M.R. James's The Treasure of Abbot Thomas at 2000hrs. today (Sunday 3.5.20).

This is on his FB channel.

I have seen Mr. Parry live on stage doing readings of a couple of MRJ's tales, and they are not to be missed. If you get a chance to see him live after all this current nausea is over, do it.

https://www.nunkie.co.uk/
maximus otter

I have watched some telly in lockdown, normally I avoid the idiot box because I'm very intermalectual.

One episode of the new Twilight Zone: Chris O'Dowd is an anthropologist or something and he goes to his dad's flat (some of which is a very obvious out of focus CGI backdrop, very distracting) and his dad has killed himself which a fancy gun, which is odd because he never owned a gun. There is then some nonsensical bollocks with O'Dowd falling in love with the gun or summit. Fine to watch with little attention but basically a bit crap. Mr Peele is the narrator but appears on screen which is annoying, they also made the opening title either not cheesy enough or too cheesy. Will watch more but have heard bad things and my expectations are low.

One episode of Ru Paul's Drag Race and two of the UK version. It's fine I suppose, I quite like drag, probably because I am a lowest common denominator pleb who pretends to be sophistimicated. Some observances, the U.S. queens are bitchier than the UK ones, at least in what I saw. I fucking loathe reality TV though all the down out pseudo "tension" and irritating interview cutaways where everyone speaks with the same rhythm and intonation, it seems to be the same across all shows. Would probably shag some of them if I was pissed. I AM DEFINITELY STILL STRAIGHT THOUGH.

A couple of old X-Files episodes, one in black and White that is simultaneously cartoony, slightly Lynchian, comedic, fairy tale-esque and which has a plot that involves serial sexual assault. Life's rich tapestry, it was ok. Another one about some bloke who could make people kill themselves or whatever.

Other stuff but I've wittered on long enough.

Today - Tuesday May 5

Discovery Channel - Foxtel/Austar

THE HUNT - 9:30pm - 10:25pm

Join legendary Australian big cat researchers Simon Townsend, John Turner and zookeeper Vaughan King on their quest to prove there is a living population of big cats in the Australian bush.

Not TV or recent, but brilliant lockdown viewing if you haven't seen it before!

So annoyed, just found out I missed this, one of my favourite fortean reads is Affleck Gray's book The Big Grey Man of Ben Macdhui, and Pilgrim was one of the best things on Radio 4 in years.

No download option and can't find it anywhere else online :(

A strange craft crash lands into the UK’s second highest peak. The mayday signal is picked up by amateur radio enthusiast and conspiracy theorist Fergus McGregor whose special interest is the Great Grey Man.

Sebastian Baczkiewicz weaves interviews about Scotland’s yeti into an innovative audio drama. Featuring interviews with residents and visitors in the Cairngorms National Park.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000h8q4

So annoyed, just found out I missed this, one of my favourite fortean reads is Affleck Gray's book The Big Grey Man of Ben Macdhui, and Pilgrim was one of the best things on Radio 4 in years.

No download option and can't find it anywhere else online :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000h8q4
Personally I found it truly terrible so I don’t think you’ve lost out.

Back