• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

TV Shows that SHOULD be Axed!

gl5210 said:
What do you mean you have to pay a license fee? We pay for cable. You can get channels for free with an antennae, but very few people do this. Some don't have a choice though, my parent for example live in a rural area so must have an antennae to pick up local stations. Then have a satellite dish for "cable" stations.

Anyone in Britland who owns a television with an aerial, antennae or satellite dish attached must pay approx. £110 pounds a year.
This isn't so bad I hear you say but consider this if you own don't pay you go to prison.
Yes that's right we only lock up our hardcore criminals in this country. Murder or rape a child and you'll get a house, holidays and pretty much anything you like.

Well I pay about $40 a month for basic cable total bill of about $82 when you ad the modem on. A little pricey. I have looked into getting a satellite, but I would actually have to spend more money as they tack on an extra $5 per room and don't provide any local stations so you still have to have an anntenae with the crappy recetion. So I pay for cable. I have though about upgrading to digital, but it is so expensive.

And they will prosecute people who "steal" cable over here too. I am sure it is a fine and a slap on the wrist. But for repeat offenders who knows?

River_Styx said:
Anyone in Britland who owns a television with an aerial, antennae or satellite dish attached must pay approx. £110 pounds a year.
This isn't so bad I hear you say but consider this if you own don't pay you go to prison.
Yes that's right we only lock up our hardcore criminals in this country. Murder or rape a child and you'll get a house, holidays and pretty much anything you like.

But do you let admitted Al-Qaeda supporters back into the country when they say they're only there for the free health care?! Surely you haven't sunk as low as we have.

And just to keep this (tenuously) on topic, I saw it on TV. :rolleyes:

<Goes on a high hill and holds hands up to the boiling sky>...

"I DONT HAVE A FUCKING TELLY!!!!!"

SciFi Channel's: 'Scare Tactics', Introduced By Some Witch O

Originally introduced by Shannon Docherty, soon to be replaced by Stephen Baldwin. This is a very nasty 'Candid Camera' style, hidden camera, 'reality' show.

People are set up in terrifyingly realistic situations of horror and then filmed for entertainment.

A young guy is taken to an "exclusive party" by his "friend" only to find out that the revellers are apparently a satanic sect of vampiristic blood drinkers. He watches them apparently tie up and slice a young woman beneath her naked breast, drawing blood into a goblet which they all drink.

His friend is led off and then he is discovered as a gatecrasher, when he doesn't know "the second password". By this stage the guy is making the sort of involuntary swallowing movements that I last saw on a tv news report, being made by a member of a guerilla band being interrogated by members of the opposition militia, because the guy knew he was about to be executed.

Then there was the one about the freezer repair guys, where the new guy on the job, after being told about his previous counterpart mysteriously disappearing, opening the apparently unhinged customer's freezer to discover the frozen, clingfilm wrapped and mutilated remains of a corpse in the repair company's uniform.

That guy wasn't faking the shock, or the involuntary need to vomit, through fear, terror and revulsion.

Supposed to be harmless fun, victims carefully researched with help of family and friends, etc. Still looks gobsmackingly nasty, though.

http://www.tvtome.com/ScareTactics/

http://www.scifi.com/scaretactics/

"I DONT HAVE A FUCKING TELLY!!!!!"
Me neither, we have the old-fashioned sound-and-vision-only model. ;)

Lord_Flashheart said:
  • a place in the sun
  • house doctor
  • location, location location.
  • the property lader
  • I want that house
  • escape to the country
  • tradeing up
  • etc, etc.

Who the hell watches thease crappy House buying programs when hardly anyone can afford to buy a house at thease inflated prices???

These shows are always purile, vapid, soul sucking, crap watched by people with less inteligence than the advarage water mellon.

I really wish someone would Kill these shows off and all of their bastardised ilk.

Just catching up with this thread and I agree with your selection but for entirely different reasons.

I think these progs give people the wrong idea about house buying. Many people now expect your house to look like the showhomes these programs turn your house into. So if it doesn't you don't sell and then have to spend a fortune on turning your house into an immaculate show home.

Me bitter? You can bet your life on it. Our house has been on the market since January 2003 and we can't afford to tart it up to the standards these programs portray.

So I say take them off the air, NOW.

Oh and all the soaps as well, as they give people the wrong impression about life!!!

How about all the sporting events that are telivised?

and replacing them with things never shown??

(I leave you to suggest your favorite non event)

"Last Of The Summer Wine".
It's been made since about 1837, and continues despite half the cast having died off.
For the love of God, no more!!

TV out-take shows, especially if they involve Steve Penk, well past their sell buy date.

The ‘Hundred greatest….’ type show before we end up with the ‘Hundred Greatest, Hundred Greatest Shows.’ an occasional bit of fun flogged to death because it’s cheap.

They’ll have to make some new programmes when they finally run out of clips.

Whistling Jack said:
Cosmetic Surgery Live

I had the misfortune to stumble upon this last night: viewers were actually sending in photographs of their own anuses...

but that being channel 5 it was an excuse to show naked bodies just be glad it wasn't Keith Chegwin

Watching Keith Chegwin's anus might be a preferable option to watching Keith Chegwin... ;)

Whistling Jack said:
Watching Keith Chegwin's anus might be a preferable option to watching Keith Chegwin... ;)

He frequently talks out of it so how can you tell the difference?

Cheggers Plays Poop

Elffriend said:
I think these progs give people the wrong idea about house buying. Many people now expect your house to look like the showhomes these programs turn your house into.

Rose petals?!?!? on a bed? thats worse than bisquit crumbs, where do those shows get their stupid ideas from?

if I was looking for a house then went to a house that was filled with the smells of freashly baked bread my first thought would not be "mmm what a lovely relaxed rustic lifestyle they must have here, home baked bread how quaint." it would be "what smell are they trying to mask? is there a batch of little old ladies rotting under their floorboards? has their downstairs bog not been flushed properly since 1987? do they wash their clothes in the same way cats wash their fur?".

Lord_Flashheart said:
Rose petals?!?!? on a bed? thats worse than bisquit crumbs, where do those shows get their stupid ideas from?

AND they get paid for it!!!!!!

Re: What's That Den? Dennis Is A Bad Lot you Say?

AndroMan said:
It's simply got to be 'Eastenders.' It's makes 'The Sopranos' look like 'Touched By An Angel' !

It's like watching 'The Long Good Friday' and 'Performance' spliced together on a nightly basis.

And, it has to stop, before Jim Davidson appears to take over the car dealership, as the comic relief.

:eek:

It's the bleedin' awful accents that get on my nerves. And everyone's so dreary and earnest. At least you get a few comic touches in Corrie, although that's been tainted by a few southern jack-the-lads lately . . .

Carole

Back