• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Twin Peaks

David Lynch Shows Up In Twin Peaks, Confirms He’ll Start Shooting New Episodes In September

Imagine visiting the Twin Peaks filming locations in North Bend, WA and accidentally running into David Lynch. It happened to a member of the Welcome to Twin Peaks community yesterday. And it’s gonna happen a lot more starting September.

On a family trip through Washington state, Christoph Foque spotted David Lynch and his crew outside of Twede’s Cafe in North Bend, WA. It was the Twin Peaks co-creator’s second visit (the first one was around Christmas) to discuss Twede’s upcoming transformation back into the Double R Diner.
http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/david-lynch-visiting-shooting-twin-peaks-in-september/

http3A2F2F38.media.tumblr.com2F48a978caac44bf71dc36afa8895908272Ftumblr_ndcnrt8tYy1roo6g5o1_500_zpsc9nlhlmj.jpg

Considering how great Mr McLachlan was on Agents of SHIELD this year, the fact he's operating at full power seems like a good omen for this.

Catherine E. Coulson Dies: ‘Twin Peaks’ Log Lady Was 71

Catherine E. Coulson, a camera assistant and actress best know for playing the Log Lady on Twin Peaks died today at 71, following a battle with cancer. KOBI-TV NBC 5 in Oregon first reported the news.

Coulson, who had a longstanding association with Lynch, worked as a camera assistant on Lynch’s debut, the cult classic Eraserhead. It was during that film that the two came up with the idea that would eventually become the iconic Twin Peaks character, which she played on the series as well as the 1992 film prequel Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. She was set to reprise the character on the upcoming Twin Peaks relaunch on Showtime.
http://deadline.com/2015/09/catherine-e-coulson-twin-peaks-log-lady-dies-at-71-1201556027/
:(

What a shame she won't be in the new series. She was with Lynch's work from his early days. RIP.

Just bought the first series, as I was deemed too young (aged 12 at the time) to see it!

I enjoyed Twin Peaks first time around, and I decided to watch it all again last year. I couldn't into the episodes in the second series after the unnecessary "big reveal" (meddling networks) - It just seemed to go downhill after that. I watched Fire Walk With Me for the first time instead and I absolutely loved it. Very atmospheric, and Sheryl Lee as Laura Palmer was fantastic in it.

Sad to say, I missed seeing Twin Peaks, so I don't know what the fuss is all about.
I liked the theme music though.

I enjoyed Twin Peaks first time around, and I decided to watch it all again last year. I couldn't into the episodes in the second series after the unnecessary "big reveal" (meddling networks) - It just seemed to go downhill after that. I watched Fire Walk With Me for the first time instead and I absolutely loved it. Very atmospheric, and Sheryl Lee as Laura Palmer was fantastic in it.

I saw it off and on in its original run and enjoyed it (the first season, anyway). I recall the outraged complaints about the obscure non-solution solution to the mystery and felt they were misguided - it was David Lynch, not Dickens, so I don't know what they were expecting. :p But then, I'm okay with obscurity and things not being tied up in bows at the end. I also thought Fire Walk With Me was great.

The extended version of the pilot that was released in Europe as a feature film is superior to the American pilot, IMO.

One of my prized possesions is a copy of The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer (written by David Lynch's daughter, Jennifer) Found it at cut-price bookstore that sold publisher over-runs and things like that. Very odd little book. It doesn't solve anything, but I suppose that wasn't the point. ;)

FWWM is great, I saw it in the cinema (now long gone) and the experience was oppressively mesmerising. Sheryl Lee was much underrated, it's an incredible performance.

Anyway, apparently Michael Ontkean won't be in the new series, which is a shame, but he is getting on a bit. Robert Forster will be the Sheriff - but isn't he about Ontkean's age?!

One of my prized possesions is a copy of The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer (written by David Lynch's daughter, Jennifer) Found it at cut-price bookstore that sold publisher over-runs and things like that. Very odd little book. It doesn't solve anything, but I suppose that wasn't the point. ;)

It must still be in print - I saw it in Forbidden Planet months ago.

'Twin Peaks' Full Cast Revealed: Amanda Seyfriend, Michael Cera & Over 200 More
Most details about the highly-anticipated "Twin Peaks" revival have been so far kept under wraps. We know that the new series will air on Showtime some time in 2017, that it's a continuation of the original CBS series (not a remake or a reboot), that much of the original cast will return to reprise their roles, and that it will be entirely directed by creator David Lynch. Now Showtime, Lynch, and executive producer/writer Mark Frost have announced the full cast list for the new "Twin Peaks" series with many, many new names. Some of these new cast members include Amanda Seyfried ("While We're Young"), Michael Cera ("Scott Pilgrim vs. The World"), Naomi Watts ("Mulholland Dr."), Tim Roth ("Reservoir Dogs"), Jim Belushi ("Show Me A Hero"), and Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder ("Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story").
The new "Twin Peaks" series boasts a whopping 217 cast members for its entire run. While some of the cast are from the original "Twin Peaks" series, like Kyle MacLachlan as Agent Dale Cooper and Sheryl Lee as murder victim Laura Palmer, the majority of the cast is filled with new faces who haven't yet appeared in the "Twin Peaks" world. Other names from the long list include Laura Dern ("Wild at Heart), Balthazar Getty ("Lost Highway"), Jeremy Davies ("Saving Private Ryan"), David Koechner ("Anchorman"), and Ernie Hudson ("Ghostbusters"). Explore the full list of cast members below. There are plenty of small surprises packed in there. The names in bold have appeared in the "Twin Peaks" universe before.
http://www.indiewire.com/article/tw...-lynch-amanda-seyfriend-michael-cera-20160425

Sigh. I'd like to see the new Twin Peaks series but don't have Showtime and won't have it anytime soon. That premium cable package does not fit the budget. :( well, I suppose it'll take every penny of Showtime's budget to pay all those actors!

Sigh. I'd like to see the new Twin Peaks series but don't have Showtime and won't have it anytime soon. That premium cable package does not fit the budget. :( well, I suppose it'll take every penny of Showtime's budget to pay all those actors!
Showtime stuff often ends up on iTunes and/or Amazon. Not everyone's ideal way of viewing but if you were desperate to see it...

It's a Sky exclusive in the UK too, and I wouldn't give them money if you paid me... er, if you see what I mean. Have to wait for the box set because obviously it would be outrageous for just any fan to be able to watch it. Arse.

What a cast, but no Michael J. Anderson? So he plays the Little Man from Another Place in Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated but doesn't come back for TP?! And no Eric DaRe so presumably Leo is still under the tarantula? But Madchen Amick is back and I'm still interested.

It's a Sky exclusive in the UK too, and I wouldn't give them money if you paid me... er, if you see what I mean. Have to wait for the box set because obviously it would be outrageous for just any fan to be able to watch it. Arse.

With viewership down so much, the networks probably aren't willing to take the risk.

Sky Atlantic?

:(

Probably, yeah. With any luck (for me) Amazon will pick it up, though there's no sign of Game of Thrones season 6 on there this week so I'm presuming TP will be the same. Better Call Saul spoiled me!

With viewership down so much, the networks probably aren't willing to take the risk.

I suppose it's the same here with the internet taking over from TV as the top leisure activity, which is why so many channels are putting their content online. The golden age of TV, where millions sat down to watch all at once, is coming to an end, so sponsored shows and subscriptions to be watched on demand are the way forward.

though there's no sign of Game of Thrones season 6
Season 5 was available online as soon as it finished on television. Some shows you can buy a season pass for and watch more or less the same time that they air.

Season 5 was available online as soon as it finished on television. Some shows you can buy a season pass for and watch more or less the same time that they air.

Yeah, I have a season pass for 11.22.63 and was hoping a GoT one would be sorted out before the internet became too spoilerific. So much for that.

What a cast, but no Michael J. Anderson? So he plays the Little Man from Another Place in Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated but doesn't come back for TP?! And no Eric DaRe so presumably Leo is still under the tarantula? But Madchen Amick is back and I'm still interested.

The Little Man is either having a supreme meltdown or is being sidelined as a maverick whistleblower.... not a savoury story from either perspective :(

http://www.alternativenation.net/mi...d-lynch-of-being-a-pedophile-rapist-murderer/

"In an astonishing online attack, Twin Peaks cult actor Michael J. Anderson has unleashed a disturbing barrage of hate-filled vitriol on esteemed filmmaker David Lynch’s reputation. The ‘revelations’ were posted up by ‘Little Mike’ on his Facebook profile photo...."

Jennifer Lynch has already said publically that she hopes Anderson gets professional help.

Back