• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Twin Peaks

d3moliti0n

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hi

Has anyone else seen Twin Peaks? I'm currently watching it for the first time at the moment, only up to episode 5 (including the pilot) of season one, I have three episodes remaining of the first season and then the twenty-two episodes comprising the second season (which I hear has some very rubbish episodes yet some brilliant ones aswell).

So, if you would like to discuss the show to an extent without spoiling anything (which I know will be ridiculously hard because all conversation surrounds the big revelations in the show itself).

But I have a feeling it is one of those shows that is going to be irreplaceable once I have finished watching it, like I am going to be searching for a replacement series that is similar to Twin Peaks. I think LOST is kind of a 21st century version of it, as it is shrouded in as much mystery as Twin Peaks is.

Anyway, thanks for reading and discuss, if possible, haha.

Thanks.

I remember this being ace back in the day, but then a year or two back i went top a friend's house for a twin peaks marathon and found it really incredibly tedious.

For my taste, the episodes are good when you watch one a week, but watching a bunch together, it just makes you realise that for all the nice little bits of weirdness, nothing much happens!

It did inspire a whole bunch of "weird stuff" shows from X Files to Lost, but I wonder if it stands up today, so it'll be interesting to hear how a newcomer reacts on seeing it for the first time. I have both series on DVD, but haven't watched them yet because I loved it so much back in 1990, same with Lynch's Wild at Heart, I'm reluctant to go back to it in case my happy memories are shown up to be a sham!

Keep watching till the storming final episode, though, one of the great cliffhangers that will never really be resolved. What happens to Leo is horribly hilarious!

Well...that cliffhanger is sort-of resolved if you watch Fire Walk With Me really, really closely. But I'll leave that up to you lot...

Did you know that Lynch considers Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive and Twin Peaks to all take place within the same 'universe'? Which adds an interesting perspective to all three.

I've still got my CD single by Julee Cruise - Falling - which was the theme tune. Nice bit of music.

I was not a huge fan of Twin Peaks when it was new. You could dip in and out of it and find that the plot had not moved on an inch. Like any soap, I suppose, with added weirdness. After a while, I found I was more irritated than intrigued by the catch-phrases and studied weirdness. It all seemed like a product tooled for a particular demographic rather than something that had grown out of an expressive need. "Who killed Laura Palmer?" came to seem about as uncool as "Who shot JR?"

The tapes are stacked up and awaiting a window. Sampling them a few weeks back was certainly nostalgic. It seems the feature-length pilot episode as produced by Warners on VHS contains a self-contained false solution to the mystery. This has I think been corrected on the DVD set, which contains the tv version of the pilot.

I have not made up my mind about whether a week of total immersion would be endurable or to go for the weekly dose advised by BRF. It might be a year off anyway, looking at the state of my slush-piles and I'm getting to an age when such lavish devotion of time can be hard to justify for long television series.

A useful page of FAQs for fans is Here :)

About to watch it for the first time (too young back then). I'm aware of some of the major plot twists of course. Considering "Fire Walk With Me" is set before the original series, would anyone recommend watching it first, then the series?

DougalLongfoot said:
About to watch it for the first time (too young back then). I'm aware of some of the major plot twists of course. Considering "Fire Walk With Me" is set before the original series, would anyone recommend watching it first, then the series?

Although FWWM fills in a few gaps, you're better off watching it last because it assumes that you already know what happened in the series. Plus in a weird way it wraps things up.

I just finished watching these again (going cheap on amazon :D ) and I have to say I enjoyed them just as much as back in the day. Got to say, the log lady isn't much of a bonus tho...

This is strange: I read in The Herald today a short article saying that a Scottish village has noticed that some prankster has placed a "Welcome to Twin Peaks" sign, exactly like the one in the series, on their road. I can only find one reference to this online and it's in The Sun, which makes me think "hoax".

Anyone read any convincing proof of this tale?

So long ago, but I can remember thinking that the episode directed by Diane Keaton was hilarious.

Wow, today I was eating fresh cherries and I looked at one of the stalks and thought, heh… ;)

8)

"The owls are not what they seem."

".elyts ni kcab emoc ot gniog si ekil uoy mug tahT"

escargot1 said:
Wow, today I was eating fresh cherries and I looked at one of the stalks and thought, heh… ;)

A sad day when Sherilyn Fenn admitted she couldn't really do that and it was TV magic. But a confusing day when Aaron Paul off of Breaking Bad demonstrated that he could.

Back for 9 more episodes in 2016...

Cult 1990s TV series Twin Peaks is to return with a new series after 25 years, creator David Lynch has said.

Lynch tweeted a link to a teaser video along with the message: "Dear Twitter Friends... it is happening again."

The unsettling drama, which explored the murky goings-on in a US town after the murder of a teenage beauty queen, captivated viewers in 1990 and 1991.

The third series will comprise nine episodes and will be broadcast on the Showtime network in the US in 2016.

A statement accompanying the YouTube video said: "The groundbreaking television phenomenon, Golden Globe and Peabody Award-winner Twin Peaks will return as a new limited series on Showtime in 2016.

"Series creators and executive producers David Lynch and Mark Frost will write and produce all nine episodes of the limited series."

The show won three Golden Globe awards in 1991, including best TV drama series and best actor in a TV drama for Kyle MacLachlan.

MacLachlan played Special Agent Dale Cooper, an FBI agent who got drawn into the seedy and surreal town of Twin Peaks as he investigated the mysterious death of Laura Palmer.

After two series on TV, viewers were taken back to Twin Peaks with a prequel feature film, Fire Walk With Me, in 1992.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29503952

Two years to wait until we find out how Annie is...

The good thing is Heather Graham has barely aged at all. On the other hand, everyone else is looking pretty old, and the guy who played Bob is no longer with us.

Sadly, it looks like the Twin Peaks revival will go ahead without David Lynch :eek:

David Lynch
Dear Facebook Friends, Showtime did not pull the plug on Twin Peaks. After 1 year and 4 months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done. This weekend I started to call actors to let them know I would not be directing. Twin Peaks may still be very much alive at Showtime. I love the world of Twin Peaks and wish things could have worked out differently.

How can it happen at all without Lynch?

He could just send his hair.

How can it happen at all without Lynch?

Apparently they're using his scripts, and Mark Frost is still involved as far as I know. But I predict a backlash of season 2 midpoint proportions, and Lynch won't be coming back for the finale this time.

''Twin Peaks Tarot cards and other cult TV tarot goodies''
05:20 am

tp7.jpg

More here, http://dangerousminds.net/comments/twin_peaks_tarot_cards

Well, that sounds a bit more optimistic.

Back