• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Two-Headed / Bicephalic Birds

mrpoultice

Fen-dwelling Slodger
A pheasant which is alleged to have two heads has been captured in photographs, claimed to have been taken at Himley Hall near Dudley.

BBC news (video) You will need Flash player installed to watch it.

Photograph looks convincing at least.

Mr P

The photos are good, and if you can get two headed snakes why not two headed pheasants? But then again, photos are easy to fake these days and that woman on the report says she's never even seen a one headed pheasant round there.

Until it's interviewed by John Craven on Countryfile, we'll have to reserve judgement.

Further pheasant fun

The plot deepens.

It appears it could be a hoax utilising a bit of nicked / lost artwork.

Mystery of 'two-headed pheasant'

The photograph of the "two-headed pheasant" was sent into the BBC
Photographs taken in the grounds of a former stately home, apparently showing a pheasant with two heads, could be an elaborate hoax it is claimed.

The photographs, sent to the BBC, purport to show the bird in the grounds of Himley Hall, near Dudley.

However, an artist from Birmingham said the bird looked remarkably similar one of her creations.

Annabel de Vetten, who used stuffed birds for the works, gave one away as a present and another has gone missing.

She said the one given away could be in the hands of the people responsible for a hoax in 2004 which led people to believe a crocodile was loose in nearby Kingswinford.

The other pheasant sculpture was being displayed at Birmingham's Custard Factory, but was reported missing last week.

Sally Newell, the estate manager at Himley Hall, said none of her staff had seen even a one-headed pheasant - let alone one with two heads.

She said: "There are always strange quirks of nature, but that one I would reserve judgement on."

BBC news story

Mr P

A hoax would be more likely. Has anyone ever seen a two-headed bird of any species outside of a Ray Harryhausen film?

I am pretty sure that I have seen a 2 headed chicken in a medical textbook.

Mr P

That's possible, but all the two-headed chicken images I found on Google look fake to me.

Back