• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Type-X Robotic Combat Vehicle: A Remote Control Tank

MrRING

Android Futureman
I hear they are also working on an application called Skynet! :)
The leading European robotics and autonomous systems developer Milrem Robotics and Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace (KONGSBERG), the leading technology and defence supplier successfully performed the first live firing of the PROTECTOR Remote Turret from the Type-X Robotic Combat Vehicle (RCV). The first firing on the second week of June was carried out with KONGSBERG’s PROTECTOR RT40 which includes the Bushmaster 30 mm cannon and a linkless ammunition handling system.

I hear they are also working on an application called Skynet! :)

All they're doing is providing an easier target for UAVs, and if they set them off without infantry support providing a really easy target for a few blokes with modern handheld antitank weapons.

All they're doing is providing an easier target for UAVs, and if they set them off without infantry support providing a really easy target for a few blokes with modern handheld antitank weapons.

Better that the ATGM targets don’t contain humans.

ln Ukraine, I’d rather be driving a Russian tank using an Xbox controller from five miles away right now…

:chuckle:

maximus otter

Yep. I'm thinking that tanks have had their day - they're not much use when they can be destroyed so easily.

Back