• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

U.K. UFOs

RaM

Justified & Ancient
This may be well know but when searching for info on UK cases
it is worth searching for Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon, UAP and Project Condign.
:alien2:

I don’t know where to put this. But apparently my dad’s father who was an RAF pilot saw unidentied spheres outside he cockpit some time in the late 1950s. He was a honest man with many years flying experience but he had no idea what they were.

I also think pilots are better to go by than us on the ground that might be misinterpreting something perfectly normal. They know what should and shouldn’t be up there with them.

UFO's on the moon 12 midnight tonight Quest.

Chap I knew flew all through WW11 and did not see a thing,
then in the 50's he had a encounter wile flying a Meteor he
said that if he had the presence of mind to press the gun camera
button there would have been irrefutable proof they exist though
what made him believe anyone would ever get to see the film I don't know.

I don’t know where to put this. But apparently my dad’s father who was an RAF pilot saw unidentied spheres outside he cockpit some time in the late 1950s. He was a honest man with many years flying experience but he had no idea what they were.

I also think pilots are better to go by than us on the ground that might be misinterpreting something perfectly normal. They know what should and shouldn’t be up there with them.

Sounds like the foo fighters of World War 2 fame were unwilling to retire. I wonder if they're seen to this day, but just kept quiet about?

Chap I knew flew all through WW11 and did not see a thing,
then in the 50's he had a encounter wile flying a Meteor he
said that if he had the presence of mind to press the gun camera
button there would have been irrefutable proof they exist though
what made him believe anyone would ever get to see the film I don't know.
I have a similar story about my parents' next door neighbour, who was a wing commander in charge of ground crews and engineering during WWII (sadly long deceased). He didn't see anything during the war, but his car was buzzed by something he couldn't identify back in the 50s. He said he'd seen pretty much every plane including the top secret stuff, but this was so far beyond what he'd ever seen, he was taken by surprise. His wife was in the car with him as a witness.
What he saw was a saucer.

Spent a good few hours in the right hand seat of light aircraft though not a qualified
pilot and I have never been lucky enough to see anything wile flying.

RaM,

UFO's on the moon 12 midnight tonight Quest...

Yes, it was particularly interesting to me.

Firstly because I have a copy of the book 'Someone else is on our Moon'. And also because I have a full set of microfiche images of all the Orbiter series NASA photos of the Moon.

There are indeed some very thought provoking images.

Unfortunately not all the images discussed are Orbiter series.

Something you may be interested to know is that a few years ago all the Orbiter stuff was to be thrown out. But It was rescued by another company. Seems a bit odd that they should just dump it. I suppose they transferred it all to disk first.

Somewhere or other I have the name of the company who is supposed to have the original films. But I can't think where it is.

What also intrigued me was the references to Russia's Mars probes.
You may not remember, but on tv there was a program (may have been Horizon) that covered this. In it some Russian scientists considered what may have happened.
I have the old VHS tape and intend to re-view it.

INT21

Screenshot_2018-01-10-03-11-24.png

nasa curiosity rover is at last coming up with pictures of tech (or what is left of it) on Mars.. at the end of a slide-show of pictures on that subject, they showed this picture (this is a screenshot)

Last edited:
with 'tech' they mean every object that was 'engineered' and has straight lines, square angles and supposed 'intelligent design', like pyramids and collapsed pillars, statues and so on. the curiosity rover provides us with lots of pictures of stuff on Mars that is not just another shattered rock, or a natural anomaly, caused by erosion. also we get a picture of a dinosaur skull! (it makes me wonder who or what slingshotted a DINOSAUR from here to Mars). anyway, this picture was carefully 'placed' into the slide-show by the people who edited it, only the viewers who are patient enough to watch the entire show get it flashed to them on the end of the show, for a few seconds.. it may also be an editing-flaw, like STOP THE SHOW! the rest is classified! I just take it as a lucky gift I found it, before it will be made unaccesible by the authorities..

Last edited:
MUFON are reporting 43 ufo reports for December 2017 in the UK.

Got to admit I didn't hear of any.

INT21

What happened to BURORA? Did they officially end their work - presumably not? Did they just fade away? What happened? I think we should be told... :wear:

Indeed it should read BUFORA. My bad.

Their most recent reports are from 2012. Last update for news August 2017.

We all know groups come and go, but it would help if BUFORA made some sort of announcement explaining their current operational state. I was at a UK UFO group meeting last year where a UK MUFON rep (the US UFO organisation) was completely across the UK scene and hadn't heard from any BUFROA members for a couple of years. He assumed they'd packed up!

...I was at a UK UFO group meeting last year where a UK MUFON rep (the US UFO organisation) was completely across the UK scene and hadn't heard from any BUFROA members for a couple of years. He assumed they'd packed up!..

Yet MUFON report UK ufos for every month last year.

Seems like they are not talking to each other.

INT21

A silly falling out I wonder, or just BUFORA running out of steam for the time being? I suspect the latter.

...anyway, this picture was carefully 'placed' into the slide-show by the people who edited it, only the viewers who are patient enough to watch the entire show get it flashed to them on the end of the show, for a few seconds.. it may also be an editing-flaw, like STOP THE SHOW! the rest is classified! I just take it as a lucky gift I found it, before it will be made unaccesible by the authorities..

Those "authorities" are getting pretty lax it would seem. It's still very much accessible.

Well I was Director of Investigations for about 13 years with BUFORA and am supposedly a life member but, aside from a conference they had for their 50th about five or six years ago (at which I spoke via Skype) they have had no visible presence. There are no magazines or events and I have had no communication from them as a member in years.

Heather Dixon told me last year that she was still Director of Investigation but things were quiet.

It does seem to be very much a net presence only. At least you can access digital copies of all the journals and special reports we did produce in the years when we were an actual UFO investigation team.

But the internet seems to have pretty well killed it off. A pity as I feel without the public interface we are not really progressing in the way that we used to do. Everything is now done invisibly and as a result Ufology is increasingly becoming invisible.

Fortean Times does more Ufology than BUFORA these days.

With Dave Clark stumbling upon bits of the Silpho Moor crashed UFO in the British Museum the other day by chance he will not be publishing the report on that via BUFORA but the next FT. Says it all really.

Anyone interested there is an update on this in the February 2018 edition of Northern UFO News, freely available on my ozfactorbooks.com site.

That's a real shame, they must have been around since, what, the 1960s? 50s even? Did they just get sick of the way the subject had been taken over by the conspiracy theorists, I wonder? That took a lot of the interest out of it for me, I'll say that much. I suppose it's all moved on drastically since they began.

But the next issue of the FT sounds like a winner, so there's that.

Well I was Director of Investigations for about 13 years with BUFORA and am supposedly a life member but, aside from a conference they had for their 50th about five or six years ago (at which I spoke via Skype) they have had no visible presence. There are no magazines or events and I have had no communication from them as a member in years.

Heather Dixon told me last year that she was still Director of Investigation but things were quiet.

It does seem to be very much a net presence only. At least you can access digital copies of all the journals and special reports we did produce in the years when we were an actual UFO investigation team.

But the internet seems to have pretty well killed it off. A pity as I feel without the public interface we are not really progressing in the way that we used to do. Everything is now done invisibly and as a result Ufology is increasingly becoming invisible.

Fortean Times does more Ufology than BUFORA these days.

With Dave Clark stumbling upon bits of the Silpho Moor crashed UFO in the British Museum the other day by chance he will not be publishing the report on that via BUFORA but the next FT. Says it all really.

Anyone interested there is an update on this in the February 2018 edition of Northern UFO News, freely available on my ozfactorbooks.com site.
an similar fate happened to APRO (AKA the original MUFON) after jim and coral lorenzen died (in very suspicious circustances i must add) the community just failed apart

with 'tech' they mean every object that was 'engineered' and has straight lines, square angles and supposed 'intelligent design', like pyramids and collapsed pillars, statues and so on. the curiosity rover provides us with lots of pictures of stuff on Mars that is not just another shattered rock, or a natural anomaly, caused by erosion. also we get a picture of a dinosaur skull! (it makes me wonder who or what slingshotted a DINOSAUR from here to Mars). anyway, this picture was carefully 'placed' into the slide-show by the people who edited it, only the viewers who are patient enough to watch the entire show get it flashed to them on the end of the show, for a few seconds.. it may also be an editing-flaw, like STOP THE SHOW! the rest is classified! I just take it as a lucky gift I found it, before it will be made unaccesible by the authorities..

i see rocks

Jayceedove,

Just read the item in Northern UFO News.

My question would be ' why would David Clark be showing any interest at all in this ?'

It is well known that he is very skeptical about ufos in general and usually puts everything down to miss identifications and the machinations of various government departments.

Basically, for all he has to say on them, he doesn't believe they exist. It comes over in all his interviews. Always did.

This simple hoax will be playing right into his hands.

INT21

(ex-YUFOS)

Back