• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

U.S. Military Kills Kandahar Giant? (2002)

bob61

Devoted Cultist
is it a rumor or is it true ? , in 2002 u.s military forces in a remote area of afghanistan came across something that they just couldn't believe , they'd heard the afghani local's talk about giants but never took them seriously ...... then while on patrol one day they came across a cave in the side of a mountain with bones scattered about & a man suddenly emerged from the cave standing 12 - 15 feet tall with a red beard , long red hair , fair complexion , 6 fingers on each hand , 6 toes on each foot & 2 rows of teeth , a battle ensued with an american soldier being killed by the giant ........ https://exonews.org/tag/kandahar-giant/ ( note : at bottom of page it says read full article ... click on it ) great article & better images along with recorded interviews with two of the u.s soldiers involved . is the united states military involved in a GIANT coverup

Last edited:
The story states that a soldier called “Dan” was killed in the action. The only US fatality in Afghanistan in 2002 who was named “Dan” was US Marine Capt. Daniel G. McCollum, killed when a KC-130/R Hercules refueling aircraft crashed into a mountain as it approached a military airfield in southwestern Pakistan on January 9, 2002.

http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2004/oef.casualties/2002.01.html

maximus otter

So easy to check...
It's not quite cut-and-dried*: military folk are big on nicknames. Maybe his surname was Conner, or something - whatever Dan is famous for in the US.

* Well, you know...

So easy to check...
the military would never lie about or cover - up a death would they ...... come on , of course they would , remember PAT TILLMAN & i'm sure other examples can be found throughout history

Last edited:
the military would never lie about or cover - up a death would they ...... come on , of course they would , remember PAT TILLMAN & i'm sure other examples can be found throughout history

The tale states that the soldiers were searching for “a patrol” which had “gone missing”, and that they found human remains and abandoned military equipment.

The smallest US military unit is the fireteam, which typically consists of four members.

The only incident in which:

Multiple (four or more)
US soldiers
Were killed in combat
In Afghanistan
In 2002

... was Operation Anaconda in March 2002, and the subsidiary Battle of Roberts Ridge. These ops tragically resulted in the deaths of eight US troops, many of them Special Forces operators. However, as 1,700 US troops were involved, and there was huge media attention, l doubt that an eighteen-foot tall ginger giant could have been kept secret.

maximus otter

... was Operation Anaconda in March 2002, and the subsidiary Battle of Roberts Ridge. These ops tragically resulted in the deaths of eight US troops, many of them Special Forces operators. However, as 1,700 US troops were involved, and there was huge media attention, l doubt that an eighteen-foot tall ginger giant could have been kept secret.

Yes but the OP states these giants were merely 12-15 feet tall, which makes them far easier to hide.

This account cropped up on Quora today:

"As a Canadian sniper during early operations in Afghanistan, we were covering American soldiers going cave to cave to flush out insurgents and terrorists hiding in the mountains. One cave system the Americans were heading for had been marked by the locals as a “no go” zone, and they tried very hard to convince the Americans to leave those caves alone. The commander insisted however on doing a thorough job and sent in the first squad. From a mile away, watching through sniper scopes and telescopes, we saw the squad approach the cave to be suddenly confronted by two extremely tall, red haired men carrying spears. These guys were at least 9 feet tall, and extremely fast and savage. It seemed like only seconds had elapsed before the entire American squad was butchered by these two tall men. Our attempts to cover them with sniper fire failed, as these two moved so fast and then returned to cover in their cave too quickly to target them. Half an hour later, the commander sent another squad to recover what he could of the first one. We kept up a steady barrage of fire on the cave entrance during this rescue attempt, but when the second squad approached, three of them were quickly impaled by thrown spears from inside the cave. The rest of the squad withdrew and no further attempts were made. A bunker buster missile was later fired at the cave entrance, collapsing it, but we suspect these men from the cave may have had other entrances in the surrounding area. I don’t think very many people will believe this story of red haired giants living in caves, but if you look long enough, you’ll find other stories to corroborate this account.
28.8k views · View Upvoters · View Sharers

Upvote· 121122"

I don’t think very many people will believe this story of red haired giants living in caves...

You think?

:rolleyes:

A US Army squad is nine men: two 4-man fireteams and a leader. Add the three men “killed by the ginger giants” from the second squad, that equals twelve fatalities in one incident.

I can’t believe that l actually just spent two minutes of my life checking the list of fallen to confirm that there was no 12-fatality incident during the first five years in Arsecrackistan.

http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2004/oef.casualties/2001.12.html

maximus otter

You think?

A US Army squad is nine men: two 4-man fireteams and a leader. Add the three men “killed by the ginger giants” from the second squad, that equals twelve fatalities in one incident.

I can’t believe that l actually just spent two minutes of my life checking the list of fallen to confirm that there was no 12-fatality incident during the first five years in Arsecrackistan.

maximus otter

If that isn't proof of a cover-up I don't know what is :tfoil:

You think?

maximus otter
I mentioned S05E22 “There is something in the desert” of bedtime stories podcast in another thread, but there is a claim there that in 2002 an American group of special forces killed a Kandahar Giant, a red haired 13ft 500+kg Nephilim.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim

Last edited:
Theres a trope about soldiers being sent in to kill Bigfoot families, which has similarities to this story. I'm researching this at the moment.

Back