• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

Ringo

I like to not get involved in these matters
From BBC news tonight:
"The Pentagon has been running a secret multi-million dollar programme to investigate Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs), US media report.

Only a small number of officials were aware of the programme, which began in 2007 and was reportedly closed in 2012.

The brainchild of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Programme was Harry Reid, a retired Democratic senator who was the Senate majority leader at the time."

It seems they were watching the skies after all.

Full story here:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42379749

Quiet fascinating. Does the released info include corroborating radar images taken from the Nimitz itself?

Quiet fascinating. Does the released info include corroborating radar images taken from the Nimitz itself?
No radar from the Nimitz is available to my knowledge. Not entirely surprising as there has to be more video from the fighter planes than has been released as well. The pilots of the first video mention in their recording there was "a fleet of them" and the video only shows one.

There was mention of a third video released as well, but I haven't been able to locate it online yet.

Just a side note but I think Tom Delonge is touting this same ufo sighting as part of his disclosure project.
Not sure how it relates to his group.

No radar from the Nimitz is available to my knowledge. Not entirely surprising as there has to be more video from the fighter planes than has been released as well. The pilots of the first video mention in their recording there was "a fleet of them" and the video only shows one. .
Not necessarily. The most detailed account of this event I've seen (which I posted earlier, but here it is again https://fightersweep.com/1460/x-files-edition/ ) seems to mention only one object, although there is a mention that several similar events had happened in the recent past at that location(which might explain the 'fleet' reference). They seem to have been on the look-out for them.

The first part of the encounter I mentioned describes a disturbance on or under the sea; this might be submerged rocks, or a reef, or whales, or even a shoal of fish.

The next part of the encounter describes a white, featureless object with no apparent propulsion effects such as disturbed air from a jet or rotor. To me that suggests a balloon or some other buoyant object.

The third part of the encounted involves a second aircraft, or several, who recorded the encounter on tape. This is the one where the 'balloon' suddenly shoots off like it is fitted with reactionless drive. That can't be explained by a balloon.

Or can it? Remember the FLIR was attached to a moving plane- as the plane closed in on the hovering object, at some point it would have sped past it- unless the pilot wanted to impale the object, he would need to pass by it on one side or the other. That explains the rapid exit.

This is backed up by this sentence in the report that
In the less precise scan mode, the return indicated that the object was, in the WSO’s words, “A few thousand feet below us. Around 15-20K– but hovering stationary.” The only movement was generated by the closure of the fighter to the CAP location.

I notice that almost every news outlet that is covering this encounter gives very few details, and this makes it almost impossible to get to the real facts.

So what does everyone think of this little admission? Another dividend of the Trump administration? A long time coming? The latest cover-up? Why now? Why this? I am personally eager to read your responses.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...nning-secret-ufo-investigation-for-five-years

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html

http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/...-ufo-program-releases-authenticated-ufo-video

Here's Whitley Strieber's response.
http://www.unknowncountry.com/journal/ufo-coverup-ends-what-does-mean-close-encounter-witness

I have or think I have noticed a more of a leaning in the
media towards they do exist in recent weeks.

The thing I found weird about the motion UFO footage is that the UFO appears to always be in the same place on the screen while the background is moving, which makes me think its something attached to the lens rather than an object far away from the plane, though I think there are many reports of UFO's moving to the exact same speed as the planes it is around. At this point I'm unsure what to think about them...

Not necessarily. The most detailed account of this event I've seen (which I posted earlier, but here it is again https://fightersweep.com/1460/x-files-edition/ ) seems to mention only one object, although there is a mention that several similar events had happened in the recent past at that location(which might explain the 'fleet' reference). They seem to have been on the look-out for them.
Sorry I wasn't clear enough. The first video is not from the Nimitz encounter, but another encounter.

The thing I found weird about the motion UFO footage is that the UFO appears to always be in the same place on the screen while the background is moving, which makes me think its something attached to the lens rather than an object far away from the plane, though I think there are many reports of UFO's moving to the exact same speed as the planes it is around. At this point I'm unsure what to think about them...
It wouldn't be on the camera lens because the pilots had a visual sighting of the object as well as the camera video.

No radar from the Nimitz is available to my knowledge. Not entirely surprising as there has to be more video from the fighter planes than has been released as well. The pilots of the first video mention in their recording there was "a fleet of them" and the video only shows one.

There was mention of a third video released as well, but I haven't been able to locate it online yet.
Pity. If would be very strong evidence, if backed-up with radar tracking video with similar provenance, corroborating both the object itself and and its apparent speeds.

The "To The Stars" group from the videos I posted seems to be Tom Delonge's group. https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...e-stars-posts-declassified-ufo-videos-w514186
Yes..I read that article some time ago and was aware of his group......I meant to say I'm not sure how that military sighting relates to his group....did they bring it forward or someone else release it?
At any rate I don't think we 'll see any revelations from his group. I suspect it's an orchestrated ploy to keep the public (ufo people...) distracted with more ufo junk.

The Harry Reid thing is probably just more info to confuse people also....I have no doubt that the gubbermint has been looking into the ufo phenom since it started in the late 40's....they have probably had several groups that were covertly investigating and closed some and started others. I'm betting they never really stopped looking int it though it's possible some admins were more interested in it than others.

Even if the object was being tracked by the electronics and the aircraft was tracking it
it did seem to have unnaturally little movement.

The people of Brazil always know when bad news is due, they get fed a lot of UFO stories.

The thing I found weird about the motion UFO footage is that the UFO appears to always be in the same place on the screen while the background is moving, which makes me think its something attached to the lens rather than an object far away from the plane ...

Precisely! What's more, the video shows the anomalous spot remaining fixed on-screen while the symbology clearly indicates the aircraft is banking.

It wouldn't be on the camera lens because the pilots had a visual sighting of the object as well as the camera video.

This would only be the case for the Nimitz encounter incident, in which visual sighting is specifically reported. As eburacum pointed out earlier, these videos don't seem to be from that incident.

One or both of the videos originally posted here illustrate(s) what the back-seater (WSO), rather than the pilot, could see as FLIR imagery on his screen. There's nothing 'visual' (optical) in the imagery, which is coming from an IR camera source.

Even if the videos were from the single-seater version of the aircraft, the imagery represents what was presented within the electronic cockpit, not what the pilot was seeing outside.

... The first part of the encounter I mentioned describes a disturbance on or under the sea; this might be submerged rocks, or a reef, or whales, or even a shoal of fish.

The next part of the encounter describes a white, featureless object with no apparent propulsion effects such as disturbed air from a jet or rotor. To me that suggests a balloon or some other buoyant object. ...

These are the aspects of the Nimitz encounter that stand out for me. Curiously, no one seems to be focusing on them.

Are they getting us ready for disclosure?

Back