• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

NASA will start their 9 month intense study of UFOs Monday with a prestigious group of scientists.

This group will only use unclassified information so their findings can be released to the public in 9 months.

So what is the point of it all ?

Using unclassified information solves nothing ?

The U.S. Defense Bill requires an annual Pentagon UFO/UAP report on Halloween October 31st.

A classified report will go to Congress, and a unclassified report will go to the public.

Rumors are that the unclassified public report will try to put down and squash any ideas that UFO/UAPs are real, blaming this situation on “ atmosphere junk “ and run-a-way weather balloons.

Are we back in the 1950s with “ Project Blue Book “ ?

We are about to see the biggest “ con “ job.

The U.S. Defense Bill requires an annual Pentagon UFO/UAP report on Halloween October 31st.

A classified report will go to Congress, and a unclassified report will go to the public.

Rumors are that the unclassified public report will try to put down and squash any ideas that UFO/UAPs are real, blaming this situation on “ atmosphere junk “ and run-a-way weather balloons.

Are we back in the 1950s with “ Project Blue Book “ ?

We are about to see the biggest “ con “ job.
I hope not but then again wouldn't trust anything that comes out of Pentagon etc

Some reports suggest that Mick West and Metabunk have largely got it right, and the Navy UAP film clips are all explainable by relatively mundane phenomena. I expected as much: honestly, we should be grateful for their efforts.

The main question mark remains over David Fravor's 'tic-tac' observation, which can't be easily explained, and does have corroborating eyewitness testimony. We are back to square one, really; Fravor's experience is just one of many eyewitness accounts that can't be accounted for, but which are not supported by useful photographic or video evidence.

A long time UFO advocate, Tim Burchett, U.S. House, Republican, says that even the annual UFO report to Congress which is classified should be unclassified and released to the public.

Tim advocates for no UFO classified information at all.

Let the public decide the situation.

So far the annual public Pentagon UFO report has not been released.

Rumors are that the public will get a “ big dose “ of drones, weather balloons, space junk, atmosphere junk, and especially other countries spying on the U.S.

In the public report, UFOs will not be emphasized.

Waiting for the annual Pentagon UFO report, but insiders are claiming that this report will claim that out of 366 reporting sightings this year that the UFO Office looked into, 150 have no explanation.

This report will say no explanation does not mean extraterrestrial.

Waiting for the annual Pentagon UFO report, but insiders are claiming that this report will claim that out of 366 reporting sightings this year that the UFO Office looked into, 150 have no explanation.

Well of course it doesn't mean they are extraterrestrial, but I suppose some people need to have that spelled out. Someone once said - can't think who! - "nothing is inexplicable, merely unexplained". And to interpret that, in the case of some of those unexplained reports, the ultimate explanation just might be that they are indeed extraterrestrial, it's just we don't have any way to prove it yet. And of course some of the unexplained reports could have more mundane explanations.

Does anyone think the world could handle it if the pentagon said yes we have been visited and possibly had contact with them?

I used to think the general public could handle the “ we are not alone thing “, but lately I have meet some really unimaginative, closed minded people.

No, the public can not handle the “ out of the ordinary “.

This required annual UFO report has not come to the public as of yet, but again insiders claim that a lot of the “ finger pointing “ is going to be directed to China for their ongoing spy programs.

China is going to be a large part of the reason why we see UFOs.

China is going to be a large part of the reason why we see UFOs.
Well, there have been a few examples of Navy witnesses reporting spy drones, some of which appear to be associated with Chinese shipping. But spy drones haven't really been responsible for more than a small fraction of the total reports so far - this may change, especially since drones are being developed and built in every nation with significant military ambitions.

Here's one drone filmed by a SNOOPIE team from a US Navy ship; that's definitely human technology, I'd say.
index.php

Does anyone think the world could handle it if the pentagon said yes we have been visited and possibly had contact with them?
I could as If we can handle horrors of normal life be it war, job loss, lockdown, rising costs, domestic abuse etc etc then Aliens being real be great but then I would trust the Pentagon.

Last edited:
The much anticipated, promised annual public Pentagon UFO report that was supposed to come out on this past Halloween has not taken place.

What happened ?

If you don’t talk about UFOs, they will go away and people will forget.

The Halloween mandated deadline for a Pentagon classified UFO report going to the Congress and an unclassified UFO report going to the public has come and gone.

Just silence from the Pentagon.

A political opinion organization called the “ The Hill “ asks the same question.

It is assumed a fight is going on in the Pentagon on how much blame is to be put on China.

The pros want real UFO information going out.

The cons only want false information going out.

The world will still gone on without care about UFOs.

If there was a cover-up, then we should expect a 'new initiative' to involve NASA and something along the lines that 'there will be a thorough investigation'.

That would hopefully appease the 'noise' clamouring for 'disclosure', whilst at the same time, 'wiping the slate clean', implying there are no historical cases of any related merit.

Job done.... :)

images (2).jpeg

Probably not interesting to most people, but something strange is afoot.

The Pentagon missed their required annual UFO report to Congress and to the public.

Then Bill Nelson, head of NASA, has made a “ big thing “ about NASA having their own group of scientists studying UFOs with a promise of an unclassified report to the the public.

Why did Bill Nelson ignore the Pentagon UFO Office established under the Defense Bill and go out on his own ?

Actually, I personally think all of this is “ smoke and mirrors “.

... Why did Bill Nelson ignore the Pentagon UFO Office established under the Defense Bill and go out on his own? ...

If there's a question to be asked, it's the reverse:

"Why did DOD ignore NASA's mission responsibility for all things aeronautical / space-related and set up their own office to review UFO incidents?"

In other words, NASA can easily justify interest in UFO matters in relation to its institutional mission. It's more difficult to justify dedicating a defense-related office to such matters.

In the context of NASA's mission(s) a general interest in demonstrable or prospective flight or space phenomena is straightforward.

In the context of DOD's mission(s) such phenomena are relevant only to the extent they intersect topics of own-force and / or anyone else's military (or militarily relevant) capabilities or prospects.

EnolaGaia,

I agree with you that NASA should be the organization to investigate UFOs.

As a side note, Congress was “ pissed “ that Bill Nelson went “ rogue “.

Congress gave Bill Nelson a ridiculous small budget and a specific time limit to come up with his UFO report.

I could be wrong but $100,000 and a report published by deadline early summer.

EnolaGaia,

I agree with you that NASA should be the organization to investigate UFOs.

As a side note, Congress was “ pissed “ that Bill Nelson went “ rogue “.

Congress gave Bill Nelson a ridiculous small budget and a specific time limit to come up with his UFO report.

I could be wrong but $100,000 and a report published by deadline early summer.
But what's $100,000 going to prove UFO's...if Aliens are amongst us they show up ?..which they do but I'm 16 years following about it and wish I know and all the chanting and prey done sweet FA

Last edited:
I agree Sabresonic,

Since my first UFO sighting when I was 11 years old, after all these years there has been zero progress in the understanding of the UFO phenomenon.

I don’t think anything will change at all.

I agree Sabresonic,

Since my first UFO sighting when I was 11 years old, after all these years there has been zero progress in the understanding of the UFO phenomenon.

I don’t think anything will change at all.
When I like something I research it be it music, sport, youth culture etc and find out the history and everything but with Ghosts, Time Slips, UFO's and like else where but I'm none the wiser and it's frustrating.

If there's a question to be asked, it's the reverse:

"Why did DOD ignore NASA's mission responsibility for all things aeronautical / space-related and set up their own office to review UFO incidents?"

In other words, NASA can easily justify interest in UFO matters in relation to its institutional mission. It's more difficult to justify dedicating a defense-related office to such matters.

In the context of NASA's mission(s) a general interest in demonstrable or prospective flight or space phenomena is straightforward.

In the context of DOD's mission(s) such phenomena are relevant only to the extent they intersect topics of own-force and / or anyone else's military (or militarily relevant) capabilities or prospects.

You raise good points.

However, when it comes to understanding US DoD spending priorities with respect to Fortean topics, I try to keep two points in mind:

1) It is often useful to give the impression of deeply studying obscure subjects in the hope that one's known competitors will believe that there is advantage to be gained there, and thus spend even more resources on them. For example, sometimes I wonder whether the whole psychic research race between the US and USSR just consisted of each side trying to convince the other to waste more resources on something pointless.

2) Practically speaking, a major function of the DoD is to provide pork-barrel spending opportunities and sinecures for various members of Congress and their constituents. It may be that someone contributed heavily to a campaign with the condition that their offspring be set up to head or work at a safe program near home. Or maybe someone just wanted a government contract to provide janitorial services for a new military program.

Reactions: BS3
1) It is often useful to give the impression of deeply studying obscure subjects in the hope that one's known competitors will believe that there is advantage to be gained there, and thus spend even more resources on them. For example, sometimes I wonder whether the whole psychic research race between the US and USSR just consisted of each side trying to convince the other to waste more resources on something pointless.
I have heard that the entire 'Star Wars' anti-ICBM laser program was a deception, an unworkable system that the USA never intended to build - but the USSR was forced to attempt to replicate the (largely imaginary) technology. Certainly Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, two science fiction writers in the 1980s, were convinced that their advice to Ronald Reagan had bankrupted the USSR and won the Cold War.
https://www.thrillist.com/entertain...-reagan-star-wars-jerry-pournelle-larry-niven

... 2) Practically speaking, a major function of the DoD is to provide pork-barrel spending opportunities and sinecures for various members of Congress and their constituents. It may be that someone contributed heavily to a campaign with the condition that their offspring be set up to head or work at a safe program near home. Or maybe someone just wanted a government contract to provide janitorial services for a new military program.
Such Congressional jockeying has demonstrably occurred with respect to facility locations and contracting opportunities (but not contracts per se) associated with DOD basic and applied research efforts.

However, the selection of research topics and specification of projects supported by the DOD budget are controlled by research components of the various services (e.g., the Office of Naval Research (ONR) and the Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR)).

Congressional nimrods can't direct DOD to research (e.g.) a quantum cannon, but they can maneuver to bring a quantum cannon test range or production facility to their district. DOD's research components have to decide a quantum cannon is worth investigating and insert quantum cannon research into DOD's budget process / requests.

If Congress wishes to add an arbitrary requirement (such as the recent mandate for UFO reporting) they have to cough up the money to support it outside the DOD research budget, because it's not part of the DOD research agenda.

I have heard that the entire 'Star Wars' anti-ICBM laser program was a deception, an unworkable system that the USA never intended to build - but the USSR was forced to attempt to replicate the (largely imaginary) technology. Certainly Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, two science fiction writers in the 1980s, were convinced that their advice to Ronald Reagan had bankrupted the USSR and won the Cold War. ...
It's certainly true (if only via 20/20 hindsight) that the technological aspects of the arms race became a sort of arm-twisting campaign that influenced Soviet R&D decisions - forcing them to always play catch-up - and ultimately contributed to the Soviet Union's collapse.

Star Wars (orbital missile defense) was one of the areas where such arm-twisting occurred. However, it wasn't the first, and it wasn't the culminating breaking point at which Soviet leaders realized they couldn't keep up with the rapidly changing possibilities and prospects.

Such competitive inter-adversary manipulation dates all the way back to postwar aeronautical developments. The first major fake-off causing the Soviet Union to waste time and effort wasn't Star Wars - it was the intercontinental bomber R&D contests from the late 1950s through the 1960s.

I bring this up because it is a new discovery and essentially all I know about an ostensibly, extraordinary case, which seems impossible not to have surfaced before?

Thoughts, comments.... anything which might help!

Easier to simply cross- reference, especially as Curt Collins' background insight (select 'Comment') is essential.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1100706627172357/permalink/1254689011774117/

I bring this up because it is a new discovery and essentially all I know about an ostensibly, extraordinary case, which seems impossible not to have surfaced before?
Thoughts, comments.... anything which might help!
There are multiple problems with this story (as stated in the interview) which make me think the reporting witness (pilot) was either lying or changing facts to avoid mentioning things he couldn't talk about (for security reasons).

One problem concerns the pilot's lack of sleep. He claims (soon after arriving in Hawaii) he'd been awake for some 30 hours. Setting aside the obvious potential for hallucinations, this couldn't have happened in routine flight operations. Aircrew (especially solo pilots') duty cycles are one of the most ironclad and strictly-enforced limits on flight operations. There's no way a solo pilot would have been assigned to such a long-distance over-ocean flight starting after a long period without sleep. Either the pilot crossed the Pacific from Tokyo to Hawaii via one or more intermediate stops or his story isn't realistic.

Second, there's no way he flew an F-4 Phantom all the way from Tokyo to Hawaii without either landing somewhere (more than once) to refuel or receiving at least two aerial refuelings. The straight-line flight distance from Tokyo to Honolulu is on the order of 3350-something nautical miles (nm). The ferry range (max range at slow speed to conserve fuel) for an F-4 is circa 1450-something nm. The pilot would have had to refuel at least twice to make that ocean crossing.

To make things even more unrealistic, the pilot / witness describes maneuvers and rapid climbing that would have burned fuel at a much higher rate than simple ferry service. To illustrate the difference in fuel burn rate, consider the fact the combat range of an F-4 using supersonic flight, afterburners, etc., is only about a quarter of the ferry range.

I have no idea whether the pilot's alleged encounter experience was "real", but his face-value description of the circumstances can't be.

The automated space shuttle X37-B has just returned to Earth, after 908 days in orbit. I wonder what it did up there. It seems a bit of overkill for a spy plane.

The automated space shuttle X37-B has just returned to Earth, after 908 days in orbit. I wonder what it did up there. It seems a bit of overkill for a spy plane.
Well, there is a war on. This 'automated shuttle' presumably has surveillance equipment, so it would probably have its uses in the observation of Ukraine and elsewhere.

Back