• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

Back in 2019 when Luis Elizondo’s program, “ Unidentified “ was a big hit on the History Channel, several times he claimed he was held back seeing higher ups in the Pentagon, and could not even talk to the then Secretary of Defense.

He stated that UFO investigations were not taken seriously by the Pentagon then and probably not now.

Now Senator Gillibrand is trying to “ play poker “by having a public Congressional hearing.

And what is this irreversible damage the Navy is taking about in their unreleased UFO tapes ?

Alien motherships: Pentagon official floats a theory for unexplained sightings

The official in charge of a secretive Pentagon effort to investigate unexplained aerial incursions has co-authored an academic paper that presents an out-of-this-world theory: Recent objects could actually be alien probes from a mothership sent to study Earth.

In a draft paper dated March 7th, Sean Kirkpatrick, head of the Pentagon’s All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office, and Harvard professor Avi Loeb teamed up to write that the objects, which appear to defy all physics, could be “probes” from an extraterrestrial “parent craft.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/14/pentagon-ufo-alien-object-00092108

maximus otter

I fully support Avi Loeb's idea to place sky-watching cams around the world to catch UAPs.

Of course we already have a fair number of sky watching cams around the world already; as well as the meteor-watching cameras run by astronomers, there are many security cams and doorbell-cams that catch meteors whenever they occur. But a few more with better resolution might help. I should point out that the existing, informal network of security cams and meteor cams have in fact caught many aerial phenomena of various kinds, not just meteors and bolides, but rocket launches and orbiting fuel dumps.

What they haven't caught is any alien (or extradimensional) spacecraft. I have doubts that Loeb's network of cameras will have any more success, but maybe they might produce some data to work with. Probably these cameras will encourage people to launch more balloons and drones for a laugh.

Ivan T. Sanderson, British Intelligence WW II, claimed there was a relationship between UFOs and water.

Fast forward 75 years to Sean Kirkpatrick, director of the Pentagon’s UFO office, claiming that there is a relationship between UAPs and water.

Sean claims it is possible that UAPs could use our water for an energy source.

Sean claims it is possible that UAPs probes are collecting earth data all the time.

Don't imagine that Earth is unusual in having reserves of water. Even considering liquid water alone, the Solar System contains 25 to 50 times as much liquid water in total as we have on Earth (on Neptune, Uranus, Europa, Enceladus, Ceres, Ganymede, Callisto, Titan, Triton, Mimas and other worlds). If we count the ice in the asteroids, Saturn's rings, Kuiper belt and elsewhere, there are hundreds of Earth oceans available.

So there is no reason to come to Earth just for water. It is practically everywhere.

The second time in 50 years a public hearing on UFOs was held before Congress.

The AARO ( ufo office ) director, Sean Kirkpatrick, told the Congress that there are no UAPs, no E.T.s, no strange paranormal going on.

Sean claimed there is no actual evidence that E.T.s have ever visited.

Sean told Congress that all their energies should be directed towards China and Russia.

I am sure skeptics will jump for joy at Sean’s assessment.

The second time in 50 years a public hearing on UFOs was held before Congress.

The AARO ( ufo office ) director, Sean Kirkpatrick, told the Congress that there are no UAPs, no E.T.s, no strange paranormal going on.

Sean claimed there is no actual evidence that E.T.s have ever visited.

Sean told Congress that all their energies should be directed towards China and Russia.

I am sure skeptics will jump for joy at Sean’s assessment.
Same old crap ;(

Pentagon has 'no credible evidence' of aliens or UFOs that defy physics​

"I want to underscore today that only a very small percentage of UAP reports display signatures that could reasonably be described as anomalous," Kirkpatrick stated in Wednesday's hearing. "The majority of unidentified objects reported to AARO demonstrate mundane characteristics of balloons, [uncrewed] aerial systems, clutter, natural phenomena or other readily explainable sources."

https://www.space.com/pentagon-aaro-ufo-hearing-april-2023
Quelle surprise.

I like this newly unclassified video taken from US drone in the middle east.

This really resembles the Yakima aerial phenomenon and what might be considered earth lights or ball lightning but in daytime.

No, that is a solid sphere, not ball lightning.
I don't know what the solution is, but it is a solid, non-luminous object with a shadow on one side, not a glowing ball of energy.

Usually this sort of small, silvery ball-like phenomenon is caused by a floating, unpowered silvery or otherwise reflective balloon, which is moving relatively slowly but which appears to move rapidly because of the movement of the camera. However, in this case the camera (presumably mounted in a drone) does not seem to be moving very fast either.

Perhaps the people at Metabunk can make some measurements of the necessary speeds concerned; even a small amount of relative velocity could create an (apparently) fast movement in a nearly-stationary object such as a balloon. Our old friend parallax again.

Note that even in the Middle East people sometimes release balloons, either by accident or design.

Last edited:
I like this newly unclassified video taken from US drone in the middle east.

This really resembles the Yakima aerial phenomenon and what might be considered earth lights or ball lightning but in daytime.

Fascinating:
I've noted that after viewing the video in 'slo-mo,' that the object (metallic (like) sphere), makes directional changes at each of the following frame numbers. . .
@ 0:17/0:59 Changes direction;
@ 0:19/0:59 Loops back on itself again,
@ 0:21/0:59 "
@ 0:23/0:59 "
@ 0:37/0:59 "
@ 0:43/0:59 "
@ 0:51/0:59 reverses back on itself
@ 0:53/0:59 and again - reverses direction.

Having a think about what this sphere might possibly be, I'm wondering if these mysterious 'orbs' might be linked to the sphere that was found by the family which found something very similar on their property, in Florida, in 1974?
Headlined as 'The Betz Mystery Sphere,' https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a35092347/betz-mystery-sphere-conspiracy-theory/
The similarities between these spheres, and what they are supposed to contain with them, and the 'in-built' abilities of the spheres to carry out manoeuvrability's, seems to be on a parallel with this Department of Defence's video of the orb's apparent capabilities.

Note that the 'changes in direction' could be the result of the movement of the US drone taking the movie, not the result of movement by the balloon itself. If (as I suspect) this is nothing more than a smallish balloon halfway between the US drone and the ground, any movement by the US drone would be reflected by an apparent shift in location by the balloon.

The actual movement of the balloon would be relatively slow, driven by the wind, and would not be readily visible in these shots.

Here is another image of a similar kind, also taken by a US Drone; it seems to be a different event, since I can't match it up to anything in the first clip. This too appears to be a solid sphere, possibly half-way between the drone and the ground.
This one was taken in Mosul, Iraq in 2016.

mosul-orb-no-watermark-png-png.57337

Two objects with similar characteristics spotted by US drones; I wonder if it is some kind of anti-drone countermeasure released by factions on the ground.

Here is another image of a similar kind, also taken by a US Drone; it seems to be a different event, since I can't match it up to anything in the first clip. This too appears to be a solid sphere, possibly half-way between the drone and the ground.
This one was taken in Mosul, Iraq in 2016.

mosul-orb-no-watermark-png-png.57337

Two objects with similar characteristics spotted by US drones; I wonder if it is some kind of anti-drone countermeasure released by factions on the ground.
@ 0:17/0:59 there seems to be a strong movement (a reversal of the object itself) as the view of the ground below, or the speed of the drone does not change direction? See what you think.

We don't have any indication of the speed of the drone, so we can't say how it was manoeuvring. I expect that when the drone operators spotted the balloon, they quickly tried to focus on it, and may have quickly changed the direction of flight and the angle of the camera. All this would create an illusory perception of movement in the target.

This article gives a little more information.
https://globalnews.ca/news/9640141/pentagon-ufo-video-flying-orb/

The Pentagon has released rare declassified footage of an Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) spotted in the Middle East last year.
The footage, shown before a congressional committee Wednesday as part of a defence update on UFOs (or, as the Pentagon calls them, UAPs – Unexplained Anomalous Phenomena) shows a small, spherical object that appears to shimmer as it quickly zips above houses and empty fields.
“You’ll see it come through the top of the screen, there it goes,” Sean Kirkpatrick, director of the Pentagon’s All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO), told the Senate Committee on Armed Services.
“This is essentially all the data we have on this event,” he added, saying that where it came from and what it was doing remains a mystery to his team.
The footage was shot on July 12, 2022 from an American MQ-9 Reaper drone.
The hi-tech camera picks up the movement, switching targets from people below to the strange orb.

So it was a Reaper Drone. Reapers have a cruise speed of 150 kilometres per hour; about 93 miles an hour. If the Reaper was flying at that speed, and flew over a stationary balloon, the camera operator would need to track backwards in order to keep it in shot. No wonder the balloon looks like it is moving rapidly - the motion is entirely down to the motion of the drone.

This article gives a little more information.
https://globalnews.ca/news/9640141/pentagon-ufo-video-flying-orb/

So it was a Reaper Drone. Reapers have a cruise speed of 150 kilometres per hour; about 93 miles an hour. If the Reaper was flying at that speed, and flew over a stationary balloon, the camera operator would need to track backwards in order to keep it in shot. No wonder the balloon looks like it is moving rapidly - the motion is entirely down to the motion of the drone.
But, a balloon does not have the capability of turning directly back on itself almost in an instant?

Last edited:
The balloon was stationary, or nearly so, maybe a few hundred feet above the ground.

The Reaper drone was a few hundred feet above that, moving at (just under) 100mph, and was travelling past the balloon. Once the remote operator saw the balloon, he or she started to track the balloon, but this tracking was quite jerky.

This combination of movements caused the balloon to appear to move with respect to the ground, but it was in fact motionless. Or at best, moving slowly in the wind, probably much more slowly than the Reaper drone.

Mick West has a simulation tool called Sitrec that can replicate the movements of a UAP, a moving plane and the gimbal-mounted cameras it may be carrying, the surface of the Earth, and any clouds in shot. With so many variables it is very tricky to get all the relative speeds right, but with enough adjustments you can see that most of these objects are not necessarily moving in any anomalous way, and quite often are not moving at all.

Here's a stabilised version of the clip from Mick West; we lose sight of the sphere for a short while, but it seems evident that the trajectory of the sphere is almost completely smooth, with no sudden reversals or diversions. I think that any slight wobbles are caused by the movements of the Reaper Drone, which must have been struggling to track this tiny object.

https://www.metabunk.org/data/video/58/58049-2cb617162820b94ee35fa47db18e20b4.mp4

US forces use small balloons to lift cameras and infrared sensors. This is in order to provide persistent surveillance in combat zones, or to extend radio range.

One such system is called the WASP: Winch Aerostat Small Platform:

WASP-Tethered-Aerostat-1024x607.jpg

There are undoubtedly others.

Perhaps either a US balloon - or an equivalent used by Iraqi terrorists to extend the range of their Icom radios - was lost, and was spotted by US surveillance drones.

maximus otter

This is definitely a possibility, but the sphere-shaped UAP in this clip is too small to be a WASP. Compared to the human figures early in the clip, the sphere is at most 2 metres in diameter, and since it is closer to the camera than they are, probably much less. An anti-drone system is one possibility, although we don't seem to have any other details of its mode of operation.

Or it could be just an Iraqi birthday or wedding balloon - they do still have celebrations there, for various reasons.

Here's a stabilised version of the clip from Mick West; we lose sight of the sphere for a short while, but it seems evident that the trajectory of the sphere is almost completely smooth, with no sudden reversals or diversions. I think that any slight wobbles are caused by the movements of the Reaper Drone, which must have been struggling to track this tiny object.

https://www.metabunk.org/data/video/58/58049-2cb617162820b94ee35fa47db18e20b4.mp4
Well, thanks for that. . . it certainly does smooth out the original clip. The only thing I would question is does this 'smoothing-out' operation just take out any motion that the sphere might well be doing, but the smoothing-out process might eliminate altogether?

Without knowing the actual speed and trajectory of the drone, it isn't possible to know exactly what the sphere is doing. And as Mick West points out, we haven't really 'solved' this sighting; it is just an unknown spherical object moving at an unknown speed.

If the aliens wanted to observe downtown Iraq, they could be using a spherical UFO to do so. However the clip is also consistent with a balloon of unknown origin and function, floating somewhere between the ground and a US Reaper drone.

Back