• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

Once again, Metabunk are making good progress in analysing this film. The object seems to be about 6ft wide, and moving at around 70mph with respect to the sea ( most of the apparent motion is caused by the movement of the plane, 253 knots in the opposite direction). This is consistent with a sea bird such as an albatross, but since we don't know where it was filmed it might need to be a different species.
https://www.metabunk.org/go-fast-footage-from-tom-delonges-to-the-stars-academy-bird.t9569/

I was wrong; the object seems to be moving roughly in the same direction as the jet, at maybe 38mph
6924-dbdd909994697744a0272dc36e1fcc63.jpg

from here
https://www.theparacast.com/forum/threads/pentagon-ufo-study-media-monitoring.19069/page-3

More DeLonge news

Tom DeLonge Announces New TV Show, Claims to Have Briefed Government Officials on UFO Security Policy
4/27/2018

OK… I have a special treat for you later today. A+E Networks has kindly made the premiere of Ancient Aliens available as a screener on its press site ahead of tonight’s airing, so I have already been able to watch and review the show. I will be posting my review at 9:00 PM ET, the exact moment the show airs, so you can follow along with the program if you so choose. This is the first time that A+E Networks has actually gotten the screener up and available before the show!

Late Wednesday, To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science founder Tom DeLonge announced on Facebook that the company would be adapting his and Peter Levenda’s Gods, Man and War book series for television. DeLonge did not provide details about when or where the project would air—no network is currently attached to the project—but DeLonge hinted that the show would bear some resemblance to the 1990s series Dark Skies, a conspiracy thriller about military involvement with UFOs, and the forthcoming History series about Project Bluebook, the Air Force effort to investigate UFOs, with more than a dash of Ancient Aliens and Hangar 1: ...

DeLonge’s efforts to cash in on UFOs reached new depths earlier that afternoon when DeLonge announced, without details, that he was involved in high-level government meetings: ...

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/t...d-government-officials-on-ufo-security-policy

As I said back in Dec, imho Delonge is a former entertainer now ufo believer who is being played.

Last edited by a moderator:
UFOs are suddenly a serious news story — you can thank the guy from Blink-182 for that

At the turn of the millennium, Blink-182 was everywhere. On the cover of the pop-punk band's smash album, "Enema of the State," a busty nurse with a lustful grin snapped on a latex glove. At MTV beach concerts, sunburned masses moshed to the No. 1 hit "All the Small Things." But frontman Tom DeLonge — the one with the angsty, adolescent singing voice — had been nurturing an offstage hobby that was decidedly out of the mainstream.

With his first record-deal payout as a fledgling teenage rock star, DeLonge had bought a computer to research the prospect of intelligent life beyond Earth. And after Blink-182 made him a fortune, he further indulged his fascination with the paranormal.

He co-wrote a 700-page novel about UFOs.

He brainstormed a film about skateboarders who become paranormal detectives.

He produced websites buzzing with stories about Bigfoot and disintegrating mummies.

Now in his early 40s, with his music career cooled but his financial resources apparently intact, DeLonge has channeled those bizarre passions into his next act.

You've seen it without knowing it. Remember that wild news in December about a secret Pentagon UFO program? And those grainy military videos showing radar images of unexplained phenomena — white, Tic-Tac-shaped objects that appear to fly at remarkable speeds, at impossible angles, without wings or exhaust?

Tom DeLonge helped ring the alarm about those things, as part of his new business venture: To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science. For his advisory board, DeLonge recruited physicists, aerospace experts and former Department of Defense officials, who have been talking publicly about UFOs and arguing that the government has failed to fully investigate them.

In the past six months, DeLonge's associates have appeared on CNN and Fox News, written for The Washington Post and been cited in the New York Times —usually in the context of those eerie videos.

"What the f--- is that thing?" a Navy pilot says in a video released by To The Stars in March, but perhaps the more pertinent question is: How the f--- did the guy from Blink-182 get wrapped up in it?

'Perpetual funding machine'
Rich men have the luxury of looking to the stars for investment and wish fulfillment. SpaceX founder Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars. Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen wants to make interplanetary travel cheap and routine. Amazon chief executive Jeffrey Bezos, who owns The Washington Post, envisions moving industry off Earth and shipping products down from space.

Tom DeLonge says he wants to build "a perpetual funding machine" to investigate UFOs and thereby advance our own species.

At a launch event for To The Stars Academy in Seattle last fall, he explained that he was expanding his small entertainment venture — which has mostly published his graphic novels and books about UFOs and the paranormal — into a far more ambitious scientific operation, to explore "the most controversial secret on Earth."

DeLonge, who declined to comment for this article, explained at the launch that he had used his fame to meet with the keepers of that secret, in "clandestine encounters" in "desert airports" and "vacant buildings deep within Washington D.C."

Some of those people sat behind DeLonge onstage, including former intelligence officer Luis Elizondo, the former director of a hush-hush UFO program at the Pentagon.

"The phenomenon is indeed real," Elizondo said when it was his turn to speak. Just days before, the 22-year Defense Department veteran had submitted a resignation letter to the Pentagon, citing its disregard of "overwhelming evidence" that unexplained phenomena have been interfering with the U.S. military.

Elizondo had overseen the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, quietly created in 2007 by then-Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid, D-Nev., with the encouragement of a reclusive Nevada billionaire named Robert Bigelow. Like DeLonge, Bigelow made his fortune through earthly pursuits (real estate) but was fascinated by the otherworldly; he had funded research into crop and cattle mutilations. After he got Reid's attention, Bigelow's aerospace company then won the $22 million contract to run the Pentagon's secret program, as first reported by the New York Times late last year. (Reid and Bigelow did not respond to requests for comment.)

Despite its peculiar mandate, Bigelow Aerospace's output was typical of federal bureaucracy: It produced paper. There was a 490-page report on alleged UFO sightings, and a series of studies on experimental physics. One study written for the Defense Intelligence Agency ("Traversable Wormholes, Stargates, and Negative Energy") urged federal research into interstellar travel and was illustrated with a childish drawing of a dinosaur greeting Albert Einstein through a hole in the space-time continuum.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/ufo...hank-the-guy-from-blink-182-for-that-1.530224

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pentagon has finally uttered the words it always avoided when discussing the possible existence of UFOs — “unidentified aerial phenomena” — and admits that it still investigates reports of them.

In a statement provided exclusively to The Post, a Department of Defense spokesman said a secret government initiative called the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program “did pursue research and investigation into unidentified aerial phenomena.”

And while the DOD says it shut down the AATIP in 2012, spokesman Christopher Sherwood acknowledged that the department still investigates claimed sightings of alien spacecraft.

“The Department of Defense is always concerned about maintaining positive identification of all aircraft in our operating environment, as well as identifying any foreign capability that may be a threat to the homeland,” Sherwood said.

“The department will continue to investigate, through normal procedures, reports of unidentified aircraft encountered by US military aviators in order to ensure defense of the homeland and protection against strategic surprise by our nation’s adversaries.”

https://nypost.com/2019/05/22/the-pentagon-finally-admits-it-investigates-ufos/

maximus otter

https://www.history.com/news/chris-mellon-ufo-investigations

"Could these crafts be…ours?
The first question all of us have asked when we've seen the information is: Could this possibly be one of our own programs, a highly classified U.S. test program?
I served in a capacity in which it was my job to conduct oversight of our black programs, and never saw anything of this kind on the books. Moreover, I was once actually specifically asked to determine whether we had a capability along these lines, in response to a query from the chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, Senator Bobby Byrd.
I ran that all the way up the flagpole with the Air Force and others, and believe me, everyone respected Senator Byrd. No one was going to lie to him and risk his wrath. And the answer was, “Absolutely not. We don’t have a super-secret black triangle that can go at hypersonic speeds and all that sort of thing.”
Secondly, a technology like this is so radical, it can't just appear out of nowhere. There have to be facilities, there has to have been research and development, a prototype. We don't see any evidence of that anywhere.
Thirdly, these aircraft are being observed operating in and around carrier battle groups that are armed with air-to-air missiles and so forth. We never, to my knowledge, put at risk those personnel—or test personnel—by flying them in an uncoordinated manner against carrier battle groups. That's just not how we operate."

https://www.history.com/news/chris-mellon-ufo-investigations

"Could these crafts be…ours?
The first question all of us have asked when we've seen the information is: Could this possibly be one of our own programs, a highly classified U.S. test program?
I served in a capacity in which it was my job to conduct oversight of our black programs, and never saw anything of this kind on the books. Moreover, I was once actually specifically asked to determine whether we had a capability along these lines, in response to a query from the chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, Senator Bobby Byrd.
I ran that all the way up the flagpole with the Air Force and others, and believe me, everyone respected Senator Byrd. No one was going to lie to him and risk his wrath. And the answer was, “Absolutely not. We don’t have a super-secret black triangle that can go at hypersonic speeds and all that sort of thing.”
Secondly, a technology like this is so radical, it can't just appear out of nowhere. There have to be facilities, there has to have been research and development, a prototype. We don't see any evidence of that anywhere.
Thirdly, these aircraft are being observed operating in and around carrier battle groups that are armed with air-to-air missiles and so forth. We never, to my knowledge, put at risk those personnel—or test personnel—by flying them in an uncoordinated manner against carrier battle groups. That's just not how we operate."
No offense to any people mentioned in that article but I wouldn't trust the gubbermint on any comments like that.
It's quite possible that highly classified aircraft ,etc are hidden even from higher ups in the military via secret projects.
But I also don't think that the bulk of ufo reports are generated from covert/exp. aircraft.
I have always thought that the govt have been keeping tabs on the ufo phenom for a very long time(they would love to have such tech if it's real)...as to what they know..if anything...is the big question.

No offense to any people mentioned in that article but I wouldn't trust the gubbermint on any comments like that.
It's quite possible that highly classified aircraft ,etc are hidden even from higher ups in the military via secret projects.
But I also don't think that the bulk of ufo reports are generated from covert/exp. aircraft.
I have always thought that the govt have been keeping tabs on the ufo phenom for a very long time(they would love to have such tech if it's real)...as to what they know..if anything...is the big question.
It's certainly possible that even Mellon would be kept in the dark, but he is on board with Podesta, Elizondo and everyone from TTSA. Elizondo and, iirc, Podesta have suggested that there are other government agencies (and foreign govs. studying UFOs, [and probably have been for quite some time, covertly behind the public studies]). But they have seen some evidence they are not allowed to talk about, and they are referring to these objects as "aircraft", so they are a technology, and not an earthly technology. And they are under intelligent control. Hynek long ago mentioned how ludicrous it would be to fly a super-secret advanced technology over every continent on the planet, violating airspace, flying in commercial air lanes, etc.

It's certainly possible that even Mellon would be kept in the dark, but he is on board with Podesta, Elizondo and everyone from TTSA. Elizondo and, iirc, Podesta have suggested that there are other government agencies (and foreign govs. studying UFOs, [and probably have been for quite some time, covertly behind the public studies]). But they have seen some evidence they are not allowed to talk about, and they are referring to these objects as "aircraft", so they are a technology, and not an earthly technology. And they are under intelligent control. Hynek long ago mentioned how ludicrous it would be to fly a super-secret advanced technology over every continent on the planet, violating airspace, flying in commercial air lanes, etc.
I'm familiar with Podesta, Elizondo, etc...and I really don't think they are very far up the chain...nor that they know any real secrets.
I do think that some ufo reports are classified military craft but certainly not all. And while Hynek was a very intelligent man and I respect him greatly (I talked to him on the telephone once in the mid 80's before he died) like the rest of us his comments are speculative. Though it is more likely that the US Airforce would test planes in a remote area like 51 and not over public space....though they might want to see public reaction from time to time.
IMHO....no one knows the truth behind all of the ufo enigma because it probably has multiple answers to explain the various reports. I believe the govt has a good deal of data they have never shared but I'm not convinced they know the 'truth'....whatever that might be.

I don't think they are privy to all secrets, but I think they know enough (and claim to), to say with some confidence that these craft are likely not from earth. The military interaction suggests intelligently controlled objects. Also objects have been over civilian areas and different countries from the beginning. I also think there are a variety of explanations for UFO phenomena, but I firmly believe that there is a non-human, highly advanced technology at the center of the UFO phenomenon, and it is certainly possible that a vareity of technologies are used by the creators of these objects.

Christopher Mellon is, of course, an idiot. He is right that the US does not have a high-performance , super-secret black triangle on their books. He is wrong to say that these sightings (or at least a significant fraction of them) are not caused by misidentified US aircraft. Both the GIMBAL and the FLIR footage were probably caused by friendly aircraft a long way away.

Christopher Mellon is, of course, an idiot. He is right that the US does not have a high-performance , super-secret black triangle on their books. He is wrong to say that these sightings (or at least a significant fraction of them) are not caused by misidentified US aircraft. Both the GIMBAL and the FLIR footage were probably caused by friendly aircraft a long way away.
We'll see! I am happy to admit I and others were wrong it that is the case.

Apparently the military is dealing with UFOs regularly --around the world, even right off the east coast of the US; that's a lot of misidentified US top-secret aircraft mistaken all of the time by the military. No way.

The Nimitz event occurred off Baja California, in 2004; but the GIMBAL film was taken off the East Coast at an unknown date (but before 2012, when AATIP was disbanded). This sounds to me like a few old sightings being rehashed to look like they happen frequently, rather than new data.

Elizondo has mentioned that one of the things that will be coming out soon, is the surprising number of encounters the military is having with these things --around the world. Several times per month apparently. It wasn't just Fravor who got the Navy to say they were going to pay attention, there were enough other angry folks in the service who applied pressure to cause it. Apparently there are plenty of excellent videos that haven't been released. Two incidents wouldn't cause all of this; I suspect interaction has been stepped up alarmingly.

This has been happening for SO long that the US military is, I am sure, much more aware of the real nature of the phenomenon; all of the events happening now already occurred back in the '50s --you can see that clearly in the old article archive. Apparently the information, knowledge and evidence is very compartmentalized in the branches of the military, intelligence community and private sector. Sometimes the Presidents are allowed in the loop, perhaps on a need to know basis. The Cometa report suggested such an approach. The reaction of the US government to the phenomenon demonstrates knowledge of the nature of the phenomenon, and our inability to deal with a far more advanced technology. They are the same types of objects seen in the '50s and long before that; in some cases the descriptions are identical. Same old stuff.

Why do we seem to be assuming that all "top secret" aircraft sighted in the US must be of US (or extraterrestrial) origin? Other countries are also quite capable of developing advanced technology.
As Mellon mentions, their characteristics are totally unlike known craft, and there are no signs other superpowers can create them. Also they are like past UFOs seen in the ‘50s etc. Also, they are everywhere and their actions would not be tolerated were they from Russia, China, etc. would be war.

As Mellon mentions, their characteristics are totally unlike known craft, and there are no signs other superpowers can create them. Also they are like past UFOs seen in the ‘50s etc. Also, they are everywhere and their actions would not be tolerated were they from Russia, China, etc. would be war.
For those interested here is a bio on Mellon..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Mellon
the fact he was Dep asst Sec of Defense, and staff dir. for Senate Intel committee....etc for a few years doesn't really impress me...that's a political appointment and one with no science background in most cases. In fact his degrees are in economics, etc...and not intel nor science nor military aspects. Having said that I seriously doubt he was ever in any loop for inside info on the ufo enigma., and the fact he has become involved with Tom De Longe;s group is even more discouraging. Anyone who knows what's going on with ufos wouldn't be farming themselves out to a group like that.....unless he's a plant there to mess them up. But then that gets conspiratorial. ;)

Regarding craft flying characteristics...I will agree they are unusual assuming they are actual craft and not 'something else'.

Why would General McCasland be talking with Tom Delonge about UFOs? As revealed in the Podesta leaks?

https://www.af.mil/About-Us/Biographies/Display/Article/104776/major-general-william-n-mccasland/

"He mentioned he's a "skeptic", he's not. I've been working with him for four months. I just got done giving him a four hour presentation on the entire project a few weeks ago. Trust me, the advice is already been happening on how to do all this. He just has to say that out loud, but he is very, very aware- as he was in charge of all of the stuff. When Roswell crashed, they shipped it to the laboratory at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. General McCasland was in charge of that exact laboratory up to a couple years ago. He not only knows what I'm trying to achieve, he helped assemble my advisory team. He's a very important man. Best, Tom DeLonge"

Before him there was Craigie:
http://www.presidentialufo.com/old_site/truman_ufo_promise.htm

I know someone (she was a tween at the time) who knew Craigie --she claimed he said we shouldn't be afraid of UFOs, and that he had "promised the air force he wouldn't talk about them" She had no idea who he was until I told her about him and the rumors.. She said he acted very distracted all of the time.

I know someone (she was a tween at the time) who knew Craigie --she claimed he said we shouldn't be afraid of UFOs, and that he had "promised the air force he wouldn't talk about them" She had no idea who he was until I told her about him and the rumors.. She said he acted very distracted all of the time.
Craigie and Project Sign:
https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/condonreport/full_report/appndx-s.htm
And... No surprise:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimate_of_the_Situation

This DeLonge group thing has been going on for years now....and nothing has come out to change anyone's mind, cultural expectations, or provide us with anything to show that aliens are here buzzing the planet...the only people who are interested and still believe once again.......are the 'believers'.
If they are going to alter the scene then they need to either s**t or get off the pot.

"He mentioned he's a "skeptic", he's not. I've been working with him for four months./QUOTE]

In what capacity?

Also, putting on my conspiracy hat, the attention Tom Delonge is getting is distracting us from the truth! Anyone else think Tom is a government stooge?

I am usually distrustful of people getting involved in these ufo-alien movement groups...like Greer and DeLonge...and a few others over the years.
While it's possible they genuinely care it's just as likely they are either in it for fame and cash or are being used for some other reason.

I am usually distrustful of people getting involved in these ufo-alien movement groups...like Greer and DeLonge...and a few others over the years.
While it's possible they genuinely care it's just as likely they are either in it for fame and cash or are being used for some other reason.

Yeah I seriously don't think that a minor ex celeb has any influence but many do. They had one hit ffs!

Back