• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

Holy crap !

NBC Today News TV gave this a big time slot this morning.

What is new is the Navy says they have many naval videos of UAPs.

What was really shocking was ex CIA director, James Wolsey, looked straight into the camera and said these UAPs have stopped and suspended our planes at 40,000 feet !

Our weapons are just toys to them !

The problem is how to satisfy the 180 day deadline report from the Pentagon, and this is the start of it.
Sorry to all, this is a Daily Mail link to an article about this:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-hopes-friendly-dealing-creatures-exist.html
Just for a backgrounder, Woolsey is trying to promote his new book.

Well, this Pentagon news seemed to have faded out quickly during the day.

I guess the man on the street is not interested.

Irish Paddy Power gives odds 50 to 1 that Elon Musk is connected to the recent UFOs.

Well, this Pentagon news seemed to have faded out quickly during the day.

I guess the man on the street is not interested.
Yep, a LOT of people aren't able to approach it and don't want to think about it. Doesn't change anything, though I think this upcoming report might be good. It is just a matter of time, and all things in their time.

As I've pointed out elsewhere, the 'triangular' shapes of the USS Russell pyramid-shaped UFOs are caused by the triangular iris on the night vision camera. These are not flying triangles. In fact the most likely explanation for this particular clip is distant ordinary aircraft, not drones.
I have a technical question, if the triangular iris is causing the object to appear triangular, is there a reason the background stars appear to be square and not triangular?

2021_04_16_06_10_55_UFO_video_confirmed_by_Pentagon_CNN_Video.jpg

/the acorn video is indeed a Batman balloon.

I had that thought too! The stars are basically in the same plane for the purposes of the camera --even on those devices, right? On Metabunk, a poster also mentioned that there is a residual shape below the flare. I think they are putting a lot of stuff in the releases that isn't real or of the worst quality and perhaps some real stuff too. Makes sense from an intelligence perspective. All part of keeping the channel open that Elizondo "May or may not" be a part of :p
I actually think that there will be some good stuff in the report coming up --and Ratcliffe wants to discuss it, apparently planning on it, Elizondo is making noises that this secret has been in the back of the refrigerator for a long time. It could be a big deal.

You'll notice that when Elizondo first came out he was tentative about things, making "we may not be alone" type of noises. Now he is all about it being a worldwide phenomenon and something the next generation will have to come terms with --because folks in the past have been keeping an amazing secret and we "screwed up" by doing so. One might even call it...

51eZzLC0XlL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/BEST-KEPT-SECRET-Groundbreaking-Research-ebook/dp/B08PKJPDL3

At the time of the first major modern contact events, folks like Hillenkoetter and Keyhoe wanted things to go differently, but it was apparently decided it was not a good time and people weren't ready for it. It has festered ever since, but the objects are still here and intensifying their actions.

Because of my experiences, I am certain that UFOs are real and are not from "here". my certainty has remained at the same level since 2010 and it's just a big bonus that the sh*t is hitting the fan for folks in my lifetime. The new view of the universe and ourselves this might bring could take us to a new place; hopefully a better place --if we are ready.

The program to study UFOs in the US is still going on --probably in a frenzied manner, too. I'll bet that they have seen Mick West's site, and heard all of the mundane explanations for the footage that they released, But somehow they still find it important to study because bokeh are a grave threat to national security? Hmmmm... :sneaky2:

Last edited:
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...he-u-s-and-the-pentagon-acts-like-theyre-ufos

This is plausible:

We then got clarification from pilot witnesses on key claims about what they and their squadron mates had experienced before pursuing what was an inconvenient hypothesis for many—that at least some of what these aircrews and vessels were encountering were not an exotic unexplained phenomenon at all, but were in fact adversary drones and lighter-than-air platforms (balloons) meant to stimulate America's most capable air defense systems and collect extremely high-quality electronic intelligence data on them. And this is critical data, incidentally, that is very hard to reliably obtain otherwise.
These radar emissions, and the datalink communications that go along with them, underpin highly networked counter-air architectures that are unmatched anywhere on earth. By gathering comprehensive electronic intelligence information on these systems, countermeasures and electronic warfare tactics can be developed to disrupt or defeat them. Capabilities can also be accurately estimated and even cloned and tactics can be recorded and exploited. The very signatures of these waveforms alone can be used to identify, classify, and geolocate them by adversary platforms during a time of war, providing a big leg-up when it comes to battlespace awareness.

Last edited:
It's a good article and doubtless some of it is foreign technology --and other encounters aren't. We'll have to see what the report brings to light and if the technologies in evidence point to drones. I'm crossing my fingers for some old footage that might be safe to release.

I have a technical question, if the triangular iris is causing the object to appear triangular, is there a reason the background stars appear to be square and not triangular?
According to Metabunk those are not stars, but ' "noise" in the photomultiplier tube micro channel tubes. '
Here's Mick West's comparison video, with extra footage shot by Metabunk contributor Jesse, which shows the same phenomenon.

Apparently an innocent phenomenon, not an attempt to deceive.

Last edited:
I think The Drive is making a melodrama over very little. These lights and other phenomena are quite likely to be stars and/or innocent aircraft many kilometres away, misidentified by the same SNOOPY teams who filmed the triangular bokeh.

Huffpost reports that the Chief of Naval Operations, Michael Gilday, gave a short answer to reporters.

Gilday”s reply was “ I have no explanation “.

Chief of Naval Operations, Michael Gilday
Here is an article:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ps-are-still-unidentified-navy-chief-n1263115
It all really reminds me of this:
https://www.businessinsider.com/iranians-chasing-ufos-discover-new-drone-2013-11

"In one case over Arak in November 2004, the crew of an F-14A armed with two AIM-9Js and two AIM-7E-4s spotted a luminous object flying near the heavy water plant of the Arak site. When the beam of the jet’s AN/AWG-9 radar painted the object, both the RIO and pilot saw that the radar scope was disrupted, probably due to the high magnetic energy of the object increasing the power of the reflected radar waves. The pilot described the object as being spherical, with something like a green afterburner creating a considerable amount of turbulence behind it. The Tomcat crew achieved a lock-on when it was flying a linear and constant flight path. Once the pilot selected an AIM-7E-4 to launch against it, the object increased its speed and then disappeared like a meteor. "

And this from '65:

index.php

Which reminds me of this:

index.php

index.php
index.php

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Last edited:
Feinman thanks for article.

A different approach that has come to mind is that our government is trying to use UFOs to get the American public to focus on UFOs instead of a another important problem.

Like, for example, get them to think about UFOs instead of the string of the hottest summers on record killing thousands.

Feinman thanks for article.

A different approach that has come to mind is that our government is trying to use UFOs to get the American public to

focus on UFOs instead of a another important problem.

Like, for example, get them to think about UFOs instead of the string of the hottest summers on record killing thousands.
Possibly! But the new administration believes in global warming and a big battle is happening now. There is no reason they want to have this conversation... They should have had it a long time ago --as many have said, and are saying now.

The Historic Newspaper Articles thread:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/historic-ufo-encounters-newspaper-articles.65811/

-- is FULL of encounters and objects just like what is happening today. They know what they are, but don't want to show conclusive proof or reveal too much.

I think this is basically what is going on. By introducing a mix of debunkable stuff at first but gradually ramping up.

False implicatures and plausible deniability:
"In each of these cases, the speaker is affording themselves plausible deniability. Trying to move a new relationship (or even an old one) in a different direction can be potentially awkward, especially if the other party isn’t as interested as you. But if you play your cards close enough to the chest, and things go awry, you can always deny you were talking about anything more than coffee, or a night spent binge-watching the latest season of House of Cards."

...The indirect approach lets you test the waters without committing yourself one way or the other. If they catch your drift, everybody leaves happy; if they don’t, well, you can hardly be found guilty for someone else misunderstanding your otherwise unimpeachable character! (More generally, shifting from one relationship type to another, like from one rooted in dominance to one that’s more transactional, can lead to tension, which is why bribing the maitre d’ for a better table can seem just as nerve-wracking, even if it’s not a crime.)

...And they can always claim they were just expressing genuine concern, as laughable as that might seem.

And, so, indirect speech — and by extension plausible deniability — has many uses, both amongst those in positions of power, and those with none. Though paradoxical on the face of it, it can provide avenues for authoritarians to obtain and maintain control,* while protecting the powerless when all other exits are blocked.**

I seem to remember a bunch of lozenge diamoned-shaped UFO videos back in the day. It was pretty much agreed these were artefacts of the aperture of video cameras of the time. Similarly, Orbs became a big thing when compact cameras arrived. Nobody really photographed orbs before this. Now we have a triangular aperture giving a flashing bokeh over what is probably a helicopter displaying flashing lights.
Why aren’t the tiny stars pyramidal also? May be down to the resolution of the image. A tiny dot registering as one pixel cannot be displayed as a triangle in low resolution as pixels are square.

The 'tiny stars' aren't stars, just noise in the photomultipliers. Explained above.
Quite. I guess what I’m trying to say is that new technology doesn’t necessarily mean more true and finer definition is always the case. You have to work with the technology, sensors, lens distortion, apertures, lossy formats, filters, colour grading, LUTs, chromatic aberration, focal lengths, depth of field, post effects, motion tracking, video editing software plugins and a whole load of other stuff before you can really judge what you are seeing.

Navy just has to deal with boats and stuff dunnit?

... Navy just has to deal with boats and stuff dunnit?

No. WW2 demonstrated that air power trumps sea power, and ever since then the ultimate floating "fortresses" became aircraft carriers rather than battleships. Modern navies have to worry about the skies on defense, and they increasingly project their offensive power by air.

You must have missed my earlier links where drones, balloons and other tech are being tested to create false patterns for enemy defence systems that lead them to think there are more airborne and seaborne enemies than there actually are. My assumption is the US already knows all about this and this is old tech. They are probably testing the next wave of confusion technology. Hence the declaration which amounts to ‘WE know nothing’.

Your assumption is correct, and it's been an area of concern and R&D for at least 3 decades now.

I think this is basically what is going on. By introducing a mix of debunkable stuff at first but gradually ramping up.

False implicatures and plausible deniability:
"In each of these cases, the speaker is affording themselves plausible deniability. Trying to move a new relationship (or even an old one) in a different direction can be potentially awkward, especially if the other party isn’t as interested as you. But if you play your cards close enough to the chest, and things go awry, you can always deny you were talking about anything more than coffee, or a night spent binge-watching the latest season of House of Cards."

...The indirect approach lets you test the waters without committing yourself one way or the other. If they catch your drift, everybody leaves happy; if they don’t, well, you can hardly be found guilty for someone else misunderstanding your otherwise unimpeachable character! (More generally, shifting from one relationship type to another, like from one rooted in dominance to one that’s more transactional, can lead to tension, which is why bribing the maitre d’ for a better table can seem just as nerve-wracking, even if it’s not a crime.)

...And they can always claim they were just expressing genuine concern, as laughable as that might seem.

And, so, indirect speech — and by extension plausible deniability — has many uses, both amongst those in positions of power, and those with none. Though paradoxical on the face of it, it can provide avenues for authoritarians to obtain and maintain control,* while protecting the powerless when all other exits are blocked.**

Apply critical thinking not just pointing out your posts Fein but for everyone.

Why and who gains?

Irish Paddy power odds of humankind having a war with E.T.s by 2030 is 500/1.

Paddy Power reasoning is we know they are here, but can we live together ?

Irish Paddy power odds of humankind having a war with E.T.s by 2030 is 500/1.

Paddy Power reasoning is we know they are here, but can we live together ?
Paddy Power is thinking the safe bet is to take all the money and if we get involved in a war with an alien intelligence, it’s game over and they won’t be in a position to pay out. Win win for them. Apart from the whole melty nutrient food tanks and the anal probe/disintegration chambers thing.

Back