• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

The clips shown in that article are the GIMBAL and GOFAST clips from 2015, so either the Independent has got the date wrong, or they are talking about a completely different event. I'd like to see what NASA make of those clips, which seem to be quite mundane when you analyse them thoroughly.

A completely dispassionate analysis would probably show that GIMBAL is an Earthly plane about 12/15km from the camera, and GOFAST is a small object about the size of a bird or balloon, halfway between the camera and the sea. Hopefully a NASA analysis could narrow these parameters down considerably.

Even better would ba an analysis by a competent but independent scientist, like the analysis that Richard Feynman made of the O-Ring problem in the Challenger disaster. It took an outside expert to expose the flaws in NASA's 'safety culture'.

I suspect that one reason that we are getting a lot of UAP reports now is that the US Navy currently has a predominant 'culture' that tends to accept eye-witness reports from pilots, whereas the movie clips and photos do not sufficiently corroborate those reports to be convincing.

A completely dispassionate analysis would probably show that GIMBAL is an Earthly plane about 12/15km from the camera, and GOFAST is a small object about the size of a bird or balloon, halfway between the camera and the sea. Hopefully a NASA analysis could narrow these parameters down considerably.

Yes. Indeed.

I suspect that one reason that we are getting a lot of UAP reports now is that the US Navy currently has a predominant 'culture' that tends to accept eye-witness reports from pilots, whereas the movie clips and photos do not sufficiently corroborate those reports to be convincing.

:clap:

Pesky corroborating evidence eh!

Why so?

Does it not confirm zero evidence of any extraterrestrial activity?
it doesn't matter at this point if we know where they come from or where they go!! Squirrels don't know where you are going when you head off to the pub. UFOs might even be from some kind of contiguous universe or from a place we don't currently understand. Doesn't matter if they head off to a planet. They are here. There is much that is still classified apparently. Far more than what will be in the classified annex. They have admitted UFOs are real, and chopped off one of the legs skeptics stand on --the idea that it is secret US tech.
And they can't rule out aliens. And the devices are far more advanced than ANYTHING the US is developing.
I really don't know any other way to explain it! I suppose you could just wait it out until things become super obvious and blatant. In reality they are just trying to cushion the blow with the SILLY drone stuff.

So skeptics are left in a Saigon type situation grasping onto the silly Chinese drone theory --or bokeh!!
It is over for them, but a lot of them are still trying to escape on Chinese drones and optical illusions!!!

20061225_063409_AE26_jack.jpg

Secret US tech nonsense = gone. Hoppin' on a Chinese drone, now!
5a5e83f550978.image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They embarrassingly and insultingly ignore 70+ years of witness testimony from those who would give the data context. That's not science, but some kind of mental problem.
What percentage of that 70+ years testimony is borne of, 'flying saucers', which Arnold reiterated was misconstrued and he never witnessed "saucer' shaped objects?

Screenshot_20201206_004325_resize_58.jpg

Perhaps some 80-90%...?

How is that equated with tantamount to a religious belief, that those who are not disciples exhibit symptoms of mental illness?

Even if they can be seen to go from space into the atmosphere into the ocean and back out into space again, that still wouldn't conclusively prove they are from "outer space". :cool:
They KNOW what they are --or as Mick West just said, having to echo my words from before --if they were a Chinese technology they wouldn't be talking about it. It is also true that if they Didn't know what it was, they also wouldn't be talking about it. The reason they have discredited witnesses and shut down investigations is because they KNOW what UFOs are, and don't want it investigtated. Started happening in '48. Because debunkers refuse to look at the gestalt of the phenomenon, and ignore witness testimony and they historicity of the phenomenon, they have been driving 110 mph, with blinkers on, and their Nitro Paradigm 1000 is being T-boned in slow motion.

What percentage of that 70+ years testimony is borne of, 'flying saucers', which Arnold reiterated was misconstrued and he never witnessed "saucer' shaped objects?

View attachment 40457

Perhaps some 80-90%...?

How is that equated with tantamount to a religious belief, that those who are not disciples exhibit symptoms of mental illness?
I don't know any other way to say it.

preview

Read the articles and witness descriptions. Names don't matter. Look a the NUFORC database sorted by shape. We must move on.......

Are you reading the interviews and leaks that surface here first?
https://www.mysterywire.com/the-latest
It isn't hard to determine the trajectory or nature of what is going on.
Skeptics are toasters. And the more time that passes the toastier they will get.
I think Corbell has seen some clear photos but can't talk about them --like Elizondo and others.

Once they release a good pic of the Omaha-type objects it will be seen that they are Cocoyoc-type objects.

Give me a trillion dollars. cuz, I want to design a saucer that can travel great distances and generate and launch a series of morphing trans-medium, soft-robotic metamaterial balloons controlled by advanced AI. A saucer that can carry many layers of them and travel as a device on its own.

We will need to create a generalised AI to design it.. That will be the key to such technologies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran across a quote from Arthur C. Clarke.

Two possibilities exist : either we are alone in the Universe or we are not alone.

Both are EQUALLY terrifying !

Tic Tacs from a long time ago. There are a few more in the historic newspapers thread.

Septics are gonna have fun from now on :p

I do find it strange that people who‘ve previously accused the government and military for lying, covering up and conspiring to dupe the public for decades are now willing to accept they’re going to tell the truth on this now.

This. The same "community" that have believed the US government, military and intelligence agencies have been lying about and covering up this stuff for 70-odd years now seem to have unreserved trust in them. Weird.

The futurama episode 'Roswell that ends well' is IMO one of their best.
Particularly the scene in which they uncover the 'alien spaceship debris'.

we haven't yet actually read the report. Maybe curb the enthusiasm a bit until we know what they say?
Indeed. Eminently sensible approach. I can't help feeling excited about what the report might say, a bit like a kid on the run-up to Christmas - but I also can't help thinking that when we finally get to unwrap that exciting looking present under the tree it is just going to turn out to be another one of grandma's baggy knitted jumpers. Errr... thanks, Grandma.

And of course the US government, military and intelligence agencies are completely trustworthy eh!
I appreciate the ironic tone, CJ, but I can't believe anyone on this Forum would seriously think that. Truth is a commodity, and a weapon, and can be shaped into whatever form is most useful at the time. Of course, objective truth is a much more difficult thing to pin down.

I do find it strange that people who‘ve previously accused the government and military for lying, covering up and conspiring to dupe the public for decades are now willing to accept they’re going to tell the truth on this now.
I'm in no way trying to be snippy or smartass, and I genuinely have no axe to grind except my curiosity and thirst for understanding, but I have to say I find the idea a bit naive that individuals or organisations can't evolve from being secretive and manipulative with the facts to start with before then deciding to be more open about what they know (or don't know) about something.

It seems feasible to me that the people behind this report may well have decided it is in their best interests to (for example) admit that they don't have an explanation for some UAPs.

If you are charged with keeping your country safe from potential threats and you carry on ignoring (seemingly) what could potentially be a threat to the security of your country, your species or your planet, whether the threat is from an enemy power, another race, or something else entirely unknown, in the face of increased public awareness and curiosity, you might be perceived as irresponsible or worse.

Whatever the cause of the phenomenon we call UAPs, it has generated a great deal of interest recently. If the reality behind it is genuinely puzzling to those who are charged with defending their bit of the world, maybe they think the time is right to open the door just a crack, to test the reaction of the masses to the idea of an unknown potential threat. We might get the truth. We might get the whole truth. We might get nothing but the truth. We might get a squib of the damp variety. And of course, we might just get the same old same old and be none the wiser.

We might get a squib of the damp variety. And of course, we might just get the same old same old and be none the wiser.

Either of these.

They don't know anything more than us.

If they did they wouldn't tell us.

There are ulterior motives for what they are doing now. And I suspect it is to do with money and politics. Everything in their world is.

I fear you may well be right there CJ. I suspect whatever they tell us, if anything, it will only be what they see fit to tell us. We will see what we will see.

I suspect whatever they tell us, if anything, it will only be what they see fit to tell us.

Of course! Why would they tell us anything they don't want us to know? Of course they would not.

But. The twist is I don't think they actually know anything more than us. This is all a political machination. Because it's what political people do.

Polticial machinations or aliens flying spaceships or a phenomena we have absolutey no way of ever understanding, comprehending or be able to prove in any way, shape or form.

Occam's Razor. I know what my money is on.

Last edited:

View attachment 40457

Perhaps some 80-90%...?

Maybe Twining is right for this job:
"Twining listed several common descriptions of UFOs. They generally were silent, had a metallic or light reflecting surface, no trail, were circular or elliptical in shape, and often flat on the bottom. Many descriptions indicated a dome on top. Several reports indicated they flew in formation."

https://medium.com/on-the-trail-of-the-saucers/twining-memo-ufo-c719bed1d287

Hehehe.. I just posted this stuff a few days ago, before this new article came out :cool:

Yes. I do find it strange that people who‘ve previously accused the government and military for lying, covering up and conspiring to dupe the public for decades are now willing to accept they’re going to tell the truth on this now.
Desperation calls for desperate measures?

Maybe Twining is right for this job:
"Twining listed several common descriptions of UFOs. They generally were silent, had a metallic or light reflecting surface, no trail, were circular or elliptical in shape, and often flat on the bottom. Many descriptions indicated a dome on top. Several reports indicated they flew in formation...".
That's absolutely spot on.

People were reporting what had catastrophically been misconstrued as, 'flying saucers', which Arnold had never witnessed in the first place.

Show us one... just one... further report of the, 'crescent-like' objects Arnold actually observed.

That's absolutely spot on.

People were reporting what had catastrophically been misconstrued as, 'flying saucers', which Arnold had never witnessed in the first place.

Show us one... just one... further report of the, 'crescent-like' objects Arnold actually observed.
So, you concur that most saucers are much like large flying metallic balloons that are mostly spherical or disc-shaped, or can become so, while some are small and round. In addition, some UFOs might have multiple modules or portions that can operate independently. Further, you and I both acknowledge that there are reports of triangular and chevron-shaped craft from the past and those also are UFOs, due to their size, movements, appearance, and performance. You've looked at the old articles and photographs and NUFORC sightings sorted by shape, and you agree with all of the above statements?

Signed, Comfortably Numb, on this eighth day of June, 2021.

Notary signature ___________________________________________

Forum Witness 1 ____________________________________________

Forum Witness 2 ____________________________________________

If you want crescent and chevron shaped and boomerang shaped UFO reports, look at those from Australia in the HIstoric Newspapers thread. There are a number, including a small formation of boomerangs over Moonee pond.

Here's where I’m at - and I’ll stress it’s just speculation - but I’m thinking this whole thing is being generated to boost the worrying idea of an enemy that MAY or MAY NOT be of this world to generate a lot of funds towards R&D and new technology beyond the battlescape spoofing that’s actually been going on for the past few years. I’ll go further and speculate these funds generated by fear of an extraterrestrial threat would more likely be targetted for use to tackle the existing growing threat the US is already facing. And that would be control of orbiting satellites. Chinese, Russian military GPS and communications satellites will shape the next war. But we also have many other countries as well as private companies and commercial concerns operating up there too.
Land battles, sea battles, air battles. Perhaps control of earth’s orbit is the next flashpoint.

Just a thought.

So, you concur that most saucers are much like large flying metallic balloons that are mostly spherical or disc-shaped, or can become so, while some are small and round. In addition, some UFOs might have multiple modules or portions that can operate independently. Further, you and I both acknowledge that there are reports of triangular and chevron-shaped craft from the past and those also are UFOs, due to their size, movements, appearance, and performance. You've looked at the old articles and photographs and NUFORC sightings sorted by shape, and you agree with all of the above statements?

Signed, Comfortably Numb, on this eighth day of June, 2021.

Notary signature ___________________________________________

Forum Witness 1 ____________________________________________

Forum Witness 2 ____________________________________________

If you want crescent and chevron shaped and boomerang shaped UFO reports, look at those from Australia in the HIstoric Newspapers thread. There are a number, including a small formation of boomerangs over Moonee pond.
Make him get a tattoo as well.

Make him get a tattoo as well.
Ha! I'd love to! Of course Comfortably Numb has done a tremendous amount of valuable research --more than I, I'm sure, and he is a very polite and very good guy from what I can tell. Anyway, what design shall we give him? Where's that UFO shape chart when ya need it.....

Back