• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

Absolute timewarp central here...

Before reading your post, I had just downloaded and presently enjoying the following publication:

View attachment 48528

As this fascinating document is seemingly in the public domain and no copyright issues, I have uploaded my own to:

www.forteanmedia.com/UFO_Korean_War.pdf

So highly recommended as a perspective.

A view, not from 'the Hill', rather than one from here in the U.K., is that this is no small deal taking place.

Have your political representatives gone all... 'Fortean'... :)

l wonder if this is the same Richard F. Haines who appeared in the Alien episode of Future Fantastic, credited as “Scientist”?

71683-1.jpg

(Discovered by a casual Googling of his name; l haven’t seen - or even previously heard of - the programme.)

maximus otter

According to U.S. News and World Report, spokesman for the Pentagon, John Kirby, claims the Pentagon is upset that the news media and some senators have attacked the Pentagon on UFOs saying the Pentagon is still destroying or hiding UFO information.

John Kirby claims the Pentagon has always been transparent about UFO, but following the guidelines of what is classified information.

I wonder how many people would think the Pentagon as transparent ?

The Pentagon transparant on UAP /UFO's?
Who are they fooling...
Sure they are.... maybe transparant on some other UFO related topics but definitely not on the whole topic of UAP's. You think they are going to say what they do and know about it to the world ? China and Russia would be very pleased then.

There is a power struggle between Congress and the Pentagon about UFOs that only a few people will hear about and will never make it to mainstream news media.

I assume UFOs will always be a news media “ taboo “.

We will never get all the info about UAP sightings that we require to fully explain them, because this would require that we are given all the parameters and operating characteristics of the detection systems involved. These must remain secret, since the US still has real adversaries on Earth who would dearly like to know these things.

There are 435 members in the U.S. House of Representatives, and not one person asked a question about attaching the creation of a “ ufo office “ to the 2022 defense bill.

Not one person questioned the amount of money allocated to this endeavor.

In Washington, D.C., this is unheard of.

If the senate approves the new defense bill and people think it will be, welcome to the new X-Files with Scully and Mulder.

The Truth Is Out There

Senator Hillibrand is hoping that when the new UFO legislation becomes law, that all the mistrust between the intelligence organizations and the Pentagon can be healed.

The Senator said we need to know if we are dealing with friend or foe.

I have never heard of this, but George W. Bush in 2008 created the 1% defense, and then over the years was deactivated.

The UFO congress people pushing the acknowledgment of UFO’s has reactivated the 1% defense.

This means no matter how small the threat, a response team has to evaluate the situation at a moment’s notice and report.

A UFO threat has to be dealt with immediately.

Spokesman for the Pentagon, John Kirby, is defending the Pentagon for establishing a UFO identification program separately from Senator’s Hillibrand UFO office.

In a news briefing John said is it going to be another UFO report, so big deal ! , or another UFO report and all hands on deck to find out what it is right away.

John finished saying all of this is real but he doesn’t know how things will be evaluated.

Last edited:
Another article by Colavito about the UFO Office.

Six months after the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, or ODNI, delivered a report to Congress that failed to explain more than 140 reports of unidentified flying objects—mostly because no one in government tried all that hard to explain them—Congress is set to approve legislation to create a new office within the Pentagon tasked with investigating military UFO sightings.

The new office will gather reports of sightings, analyze them, and deliver reports to Congress on the subject at intervals. At least that’s the aspect of this decision on which the legislators who pushed for the new office want the public to focus. Underneath the surface, Congress is about to require the Pentagon to get weird. Very weird. Like, imaginary crashed-saucer wreckage weird.

It’s beyond doubt that people see strange things in the sky. It’s also quite likely that there is no single explanation for these oddities. So-called “unidentified aerial phenomena,” as the government now calls UFOs, are likely a combination of natural and human-made objects along with a strong dash of people misinterpreting what they see under the influence of more than a century of alien-themed science fiction. Investigating individual military sightings should be encouraged; uncovering whether some of these perhaps represent adversaries’ efforts to spy on America should be an obvious counterintelligence step. That doesn’t justify leaping to conclusions about superhuman technology or alien invasion, particularly when reasonable explanations have been proposed for nearly all the allegedly incredible sightings.

The 15 pages of section 1638 of the 2022 National Defense Authorization Act, or NDAA, are largely based on proposals sponsored by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand and Representative Ruben Gallego. The final text adopted by the two chambers of Congress incorporates most of Gillibrand’s ideas for a Pentagon UFO office, which range from the sensible to the fantastical. Gillibrand praised herself for taking on the mantle of the government’s chief UFO-hunter, telling Politico, “I’m getting the coolest-mom jersey for sure this year” and joking that a congressional meeting with space alien ambassadors “is coming.” ...

https://newrepublic.com/article/164699/pentagon-ufos-gillibrand-ndaa-spending

It really is extraordinary how things have arguably come full circle.

Having spent a considerable amount of time recently, going through my own and other archive material relating to Arnold's formative report, plus the aftermath, circa 1947-1950, it's almost a renaissance.

During that nascent era, there was a consequential media coverage and debate regarding the conceivable consequences of this perceived new and seemingly tangible concern.

Fast forward and with the release of our 'official' video evidence, there is suddenly... precisely the same.

Perhaps resultantly appreciating this perspective, the fundamental difference is that in those early years, the evidence was often questionable and even the most persuasive, vied for attention amidst the emerging 'contactees', such as George Adamski.

In contemporary 'flying saucer' magazine and newsletter publications, we find there was no concensus concerning the authenticity of such striking contactee claims and purportedly, supporting material evidence.

This was influential to a large extent and for a lengthy period.

Now though, the focus has shifted to actual, corporeal data.

Amongst new, archive material I have come across, are meaningful video snapshots of the journey and some possibly little known historical footage.

It can be viewed for free on a website I was previously unaware of and wondered if it might be of interest:

https://documentaryheaven.com

I was particularly delighted to find a documentary published by 'UFO Magazine' in the UK and featuring my good friend, the late Graham Birdsall.

UFOs: HARD EVIDENCE

https://documentaryheaven.com/ufos-hard-evidence/

One, I would personally recommend, involves a favourite subject, the 1989 'triangular UFO' flap in Belgium. :)

UFO’s, Lies and The Cold War
CONSPIRACY,MYSTERY,NEWS & POLITICS/11 COMMENTS

https://documentaryheaven.com/ufos-lies-and-the-cold-war/

Last edited:
Graham Birdsall !

His magazine at one time was available in the U.S. and I enjoyed it.

His last edition he wrote he was on to good UFO information, and then he just died supposedly from a brain hemorrhage.

From the information that the family put out was this was a shock and unexpectedly.

There was a period in the past that UFO investigators just ended up dead.

Nick Redfern wrote a book “ Close Encounters of the FATAL Kind “.

Last edited:
Its very remarkable those deaths. If by some chance these deaths are murders than it has the opposite effect : their deaths would bring more attention to their ufo cases.
I think nowadays with internet and social massmedia its unstoppable to stop spreading info. The people or groups who dont want that would be using a whole campaign of fake news and disinformation.
But this is bordering towards conspiracy stories and its pure hypothetical ofcourse.
If Governements are calling all kind of commisions and starting public investigations thats a huge shift in governmental policy toward the subject of ufo's.

People with UFO knowledge end up dead starting with James Forrestal, first U.S. Secretary of Defense 1947.

James Forrestal was relentless in investigating The Roswell Crash only to end up dead supposedly jumping out of the 16th floor of the U.S.Naval Hospital in May 1949.

I would assume these Hospital windows can not open from the inside, and the suspicious cause of deaths was stress of being a workaholic that drove him crazy.

This was the first of a line of strange deaths tied to UFOs.

Harassment Of Navy Destroyers By Mysterious Drone Swarms Off California Went On For Weeks

Earlier this year The War Zone exclusively reported about a series of 2019 incidents that involved unidentified drones stalking US Navy vessels over several nights in the waters off of Southern California. Our initial report also covered the Navy’s investigation into the incidents, which appeared to struggle to identify either the aircraft or their operators. Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Michael Gilday later clarified that the aircraft were never identified, and that there have been similar incidents across the service branches and allied militaries.

Newly released documents obtained via the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) show that the full scope of these drone incursions was greater than it initially appeared, and they persisted well after the Navy’s investigation was launched. Deck logs indicate that drone sightings continued throughout the month of July 2019 and included events where drone countermeasure teams were called into action. One notable event involved at least three ships observing multiple drones. Uncharacteristically for unclassified deck logs, the details on this event are almost entirely redacted.

Among the new documents is the map seen below that details the interactions between a drone (denoted on what appears to be a briefing slide as an unmanned aerial system, or UAS) and a Navy Arleigh Burke class destroyer, the USS Paul Hamilton.

message-editor%2F1639750107858-image8.png

The map depicts Paul Hamilton making an abrupt right-hand turn while a drone closely follows the ship. The legends and annotations of the map have been redacted under FOIA exemptions that apply to technical data that have military applications. Though the title of the document reads July 17th, the map appears to refer to drone encounters that occurred in the incidents on July 14th and July 15th.

Intriguingly, one of the position points of the drone is marked with a star, while others show a dashed line around a given area. It is unclear exactly what these indicate without the map legends, though the star suggests at least one particularly notable event. Our previous coverage indicated that the incident involved multiple contacts that maneuvered around the ships in a highly dynamic way.

The deck logs from the period show that Ship Nautical Or Otherwise Photographic Interpretation and Exploitation (SNOOPIE) teams were deployed frequently during the incidents. SNOOPIE teams consist of sailors specifically trained to enhance situational awareness and to document unknown contacts or other events and objects of interest.

It is highly likely that a number of photographs exist of the drones given the work of the SNOOPIE teams and other onboard sensors. The same document providing the map above also contains a reference to a photograph of the drones, which has been completely redacted.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...y-destroyers-off-california-went-on-for-weeks

maximus otter

The U.S. 2022 defense bill is in full swing and that puts the pressure on the people who will develop the Congressional UFO office.

This office now must justify the appropriated money to track, explain, and investigate anyone who claims injury from an UFO.

I find the part that they must investigate personal UFO injuries as a new twist.

Hello Havana Syndrome ?

Graham Birdsall !

His magazine at one time was available in the U.S. and I enjoyed it.

His last edition he wrote he was on to good UFO information, and then he just died supposedly from a brain hemorrhage.

From the information that the family put out was this was a shock and unexpectedly.
I am delighted to hear you are aware of the immense contribution made by Graham and others at Quest International - notably his brother Mark and Tony Dodd.

I spoke to Graham on the phone regularly - usually more about football and his beloved Leeds United!

I had only done so a couple of days before learning that, out of absolutely nowhere, he was in a critical condition and then tragically, next day, had not survived.

He would be enthralled by recent developments in the U.S.! One of his particular interests was military aviation and UFO encounters. I was fortunate to meet two of the the actual Belgian air force pilots involved in the 'triangular UFO' incidents - Graham had invited them to that year's annual 'UFO Magazine' conference.

Amongst other subjects, I wrote some related 'triangular UFO' articles for the magazine!

A befitting, brief, eulogy - Graham speaking in 1998...

"Crack the whip and do what all UFOlogists should do, focus on the really important issues. You are always going to get conflicts and petty differences, but like I say, these people who do raise arguments and do cause upset are in the minority and should be ignored.

There are a vast majority of people out there who do not wish to know about the internal politics, what they're wanting is HARD EVIDENCE! That's what we set our stall out to provide".

"I hate UFO's being classed as a paranormal subject. I think it should be seen singularly as an independent subject in its own right".

"The UFO subject over the years has had waves of interest, it probably peaked last year there will be a downward spiral, then something will happen and the interest will return. It's a bit like a roller-coaster ride, but peoples' interest in UFO’s has lasted well over half a century now, I don’t think it is going to die overnight and certainly if you take onboard the amount of information that is coming out, the witness reports are showing no sign of fading out, video footage continues to come in. I’ve got two clips I have not even looked at yet that came in during the last 48 hours, so I am going to have to take them home to have a look at them. So I am really optimistic...".

Graham continues... keep in mind this was 25 years ago...

"...last February, the Republican representative, I forget her name now . .. Sheila ... asked the question officially "Could any one please tell us what this thing flying over our city was?", not long after this she received abusive phone calls, messages scrolled on her desk, abusive letters (and at work), she was hounded until the Media got hold of the story, then suddenly there was a lot of support for this lady. She's now sweeping the board to be a main stream politician in Arizona, good luck to her.

There's nothing wrong in speaking the truth and asking a question that should be of real concern. When something as big as that comes over Phoenix. Who is it? Who does it belong too? where did it come from?/ why is it here? Not only did nobody know, but nobody wanted to ask the question other than her".

:D

Last edited:
I like the idea that UFOs are not paranormal, but are real.

In the past ( 2007 ) when Senator Minority Leader Harry Reid spent 22 million dollars in UFO investigations called AATIP, people in congress that he was crazy and angry at the money spent.

My question is how Senator Hillibrand from New York pulled off getting a Congressional UFO office established as part of the 2022 defense bill with no opposition from republicans or democrats ?

Not a word from anyone, so is something going on ?

I like the idea that UFOs are not paranormal, but are real.
I hadn't seen that before - Graham was always astute about the subject!

Even from a cursory following of events in the U.K., I have been struck by how there already seems to be a conflict as regards who will control the new infrastructure.

If of interest, this was one of my sources:

New Pentagon Office Criticized as Effort to Control UFO Investigations, End Transparency

By Paul D. Shinkman Senior Writer, National Security

2 December, 2021
usnews.com

"A Defense Department group will now oversee U.S. government-wide investigations into UFOs – with little hope for transparency or oversight".

https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...o-control-ufo-investigations-end-transparency

Nobody realizes that we have been program for disclosure.

First there was the alien probe Oumuamua.

Then the release of the tic-tac UFO tapes.

Then the Pentagon report where they can not rule out UFOs are real.

Then the establishment of the Congressional UFO office.

Soon Scully and Mulder will be on the trail of the “ cigarette man “.

Nobody realizes that we have been program for disclosure.

First there was the alien probe Oumuamua.

Then the release of the tic-tac UFO tapes.

Then the Pentagon report where they can not rule out UFOs are real.

Then the establishment of the Congressional UFO office.

Soon Scully and Mulder will be on the trail of the “ cigarette man “.
Its funny but also sad together that the United States are one of the last few countries left in the world to recognize there are uap/ufo's in their skies. Heck, even they know the general public knows what they know and are very slow and deliberately giving some evidence /snippets of proof of possible extraterrestial crafts and visitors.

If you look to South-American countries, where there is 0 to none secrecy about it and even their leaders acknowledge in their mainstream media there are uap/ufo's in their airspace, that makes the US pretty behind.
In the Eastern European countries their governments have already for years departements to investigate this. In Macedonia for example almost 99% of the public says there are extraterrestial visitors and their former president also said on television we are not alone.
They dont understand why the US is the only country not saying openly to its citizens that the US is a hotbed for sightings. No reasons why not to say.
Public impact ? 0. Religious leaders say in those countries that life beyond our earth is nothing more than the beauty and power of the Lord. The irony is that the US tv shows and movies have opened up those governments.

Its a very cultural thing i think why and when a country admits these kinds of things.

The problem i think of the US is that their government and militairy works very very closely with companies and sold all their secrets to companies who dont want to share that in fear of competition.

Last edited:
Formal USAF adoption of the label "unidentified flying objects" definitely occurred no later than early 1952, when Project Blue Book was established. Project Blue Book's first head - Capt. Edward Ruppelt - is widely credited as the person who developed and instituted the notion of "unidentified flying object" as formal terminology.
I have coincidentally, only yesterday, come across an exceptional and related snapshot, published in a feature article by 'Look' magazine, on 1 July 1952.

It covers three pages and I have transcribed the page one introduction:

Whatever it is, the Air Force must HUNT FOR THE FLYING SAUCER

This map scared the Pentagon. It pinpoints unexplained "flying saucer" sightings across the nation with concentrations near vital defense installations.

Fearful of danger from the skies, the United States Air Force is launching a secret scientific search to discover once-and-for-all what is the mysterious, unbelievable thing Americans keep sighting overhead.

By J. ROBERT MOSKIN

The U. S. Air Force, entrusted with the defense of the United States from the skies, is mounting a new hunt for the mysterious, seen-but-never-caught "flying saucers" which for five years have had Amerieans excited, baffled and even terrified.

During the past two weeks, Air Force officials have begun experiments to verify the radically new theory of Dr. Donald H. Menzel of Harvard University. This nationally-known astronomer suggested in the last issue of Look that flying saucers are actually optical illusions caused by "temperature inversion" which projects images of earthly lights on the sky. This has already proved one of the most exciting explanations of flying saucers offered to the Air Force.

Asked about the Air Force's revived concern over flying saucers, after almost ignoring them for two years, Gen. Hoyt S. Vandenberg, chief of staff, in his first public statement on the subject, told Look:

"The Air Force is interested in anything that takes place in the air. This includes the aerial phenomena commonly known as 'flying saucers.' Many of these incidents have been satisfactorily explained. Others have not. With the present world unrest, we cannot afford to be complacent."

The Air Force has collected more than 800 sightings of flying saucers, and reports continue to flow in from our outposts like Alaska and Newfoundland and from our vital atomic installation sites. They are spurring the Air Force to seek answers to the saucer puzzle in a hurry.

This is a job for the detectives of the Air Force, the officers of the Air Technical Intelligence Command, working behind a shield of secret planning and classified documents at heavily-guarded Wright-Patterson Air Force Base outside of Dayton, Ohio. Now for the first time exactly what Air Force Intelligence is doing about flying saucers can be revealed.

As one highly placed intelligence officer put it, "Our job is to detect any weapon that might be used against the United States. In the future, a weapon that 'probably was a meteor'. may prove to be a global rocket."

Visual sighting reports can never give Intelligence accurate data on speeds, altitudes, size and composition of the objects seen. To get these facts, a methodical and scientific plan of great breadth has now been blueprinted. It includes these steps:

1. Under ATIC direction, a physicist at the University of California at Los Angeles is developing and testing a special camera to photograph flying saucers. Key to the new apparatus is a defraction grid consisting of a piece of glass etched with infinitely fine lines. Placed over the camera lens, this grid breaks down the image into slivers from which scientists can determine its composition. If the saucers prove to be bodies which glow, the grid will record the material they are made of. If their light comes from a fuel supply or a reflection, the grid will identify the light.

(...)

The full and fascinating article can be seen here:

www.forteanmedia.com/Look.pdf

I believe we got a wealth of information from the Roswell crash like fiber optics, integrated circuits, and lasers.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's right. These are three Chinese Lanterns, quite possibly released for a Christmas or New Year celebration of some sort.
UFO sightings are not going away
I've said this before, and I'll say it again; there will always be UAPs/UFOs, so long as we have people looking at the sky. They have nothing to do with aliens or interdimensional beings, and everything to do with human fallibility.

Back