• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

That is an interesting overview of the mythology; I would suggest that almost exactly none of it is true in any meaningful way, however. We have not gained any technological advantage from examining crashed UFOs whatsoever, since there have been no such crashes. I find it extremely offensive to the real scientists and engineers who did develop this technology to suggest that they copied it in this way.

Corso was an idiot who had precisely no scientific training, as Stanton Friedman discovered. All Corso's fantasies were debunked long ago, not by UFO skeptics but by UFO believers like Friedman and Brad Sparks.

I find it extremely offensive to the real scientists and engineers who did develop this technology to suggest that they copied it in this way.
Especially as we have historically documented, step-by-step development, of technologies attributed therein to otherworldly influences.

Pertaining to the ludicrous Corso nonsense and particularly about the transistor resulting from alien spaceship debris... think I might have some terrific archive material about all of this and shall have a search forthwith.

During younger days, sole experience with a transistor involved the one in my 100w Marshall guitar amp.

The only thing alien was my 'Jimmy Page tribute'' coming out of same.... :(

I have mentioned this before, the UFOs I have seen have been mundane, hardly noticeable, nothing fancy as a SciFi movie.
During recent research through the now copiously available 'saucer/UFO', historical, circa 1950 magazine archives, I was intrigued by coming across so many reports, which never received publicity elsewhere.

These were, typically, merely those which the publication had become aware of, perhaps through a letter sent to them.

Damned if I can find this right now, however, one of our ufological pioneers - I think well known - apparently determined to find evidence in support of the palpable enigma, would set up a stand at shopping malls and invite shoppers to come forward with any related stories of their own.

I shall now need to track this down... if only because I have just realised that person was, in fact, a pioneer.

Consequently... you might not be so forlorn... a 'voice in the wilderness'...

'Your sighting counts'!

Why wasn't there an 'Uncle Sam', poster like that...

Harassment Of Navy Destroyers By Mysterious Drone Swarms Off California Went On For Weeks

Earlier this year The War Zone exclusively reported about a series of 2019 incidents that involved unidentified drones stalking US Navy vessels over several nights in the waters off of Southern California. Our initial report also covered the Navy’s investigation into the incidents, which appeared to struggle to identify either the aircraft or their operators. Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Michael Gilday later clarified that the aircraft were never identified, and that there have been similar incidents across the service branches and allied militaries.

Newly released documents obtained via the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) show that the full scope of these drone incursions was greater than it initially appeared, and they persisted well after the Navy’s investigation was launched. Deck logs indicate that drone sightings continued throughout the month of July 2019 and included events where drone countermeasure teams were called into action. One notable event involved at least three ships observing multiple drones. Uncharacteristically for unclassified deck logs, the details on this event are almost entirely redacted.

Among the new documents is the map seen below that details the interactions between a drone (denoted on what appears to be a briefing slide as an unmanned aerial system, or UAS) and a Navy Arleigh Burke class destroyer, the USS Paul Hamilton.

message-editor%2F1639750107858-image8.png

The map depicts Paul Hamilton making an abrupt right-hand turn while a drone closely follows the ship. The legends and annotations of the map have been redacted under FOIA exemptions that apply to technical data that have military applications. Though the title of the document reads July 17th, the map appears to refer to drone encounters that occurred in the incidents on July 14th and July 15th.

Intriguingly, one of the position points of the drone is marked with a star, while others show a dashed line around a given area. It is unclear exactly what these indicate without the map legends, though the star suggests at least one particularly notable event. Our previous coverage indicated that the incident involved multiple contacts that maneuvered around the ships in a highly dynamic way.

The deck logs from the period show that Ship Nautical Or Otherwise Photographic Interpretation and Exploitation (SNOOPIE) teams were deployed frequently during the incidents. SNOOPIE teams consist of sailors specifically trained to enhance situational awareness and to document unknown contacts or other events and objects of interest.

It is highly likely that a number of photographs exist of the drones given the work of the SNOOPIE teams and other onboard sensors. The same document providing the map above also contains a reference to a photograph of the drones, which has been completely redacted.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...y-destroyers-off-california-went-on-for-weeks

maximus otter

Interesting that buried in a mass of mostly redacted paperwork is confirnation that 'ghostbusters' (DRAKE portable CUAS systems) were deployed on the Paul Hamilton during the incident.

DRAKE-CUAS.jpg

Details at link:
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...one-system-during-2019-mystery-swarm-incident[/B]

Pertaining to the ludicrous Corso nonsense and particularly about the transistor resulting from alien spaceship debris... think I might have some terrific archive material about all of this and shall have a search forthwith.
From my 'UFO Research List' (UFORL) archives and simply an insight from the time:

Statement posted by Karl Pflock:

www.forteanmedia.com/Corso_01.jpg

www.forteanmedia.com/Corso_02.jpg

Correspondence from myself to Brad Sparks:

www.forteanmedia.com/Corso_03.jpg

www.forteanmedia.com/Corso_04.jpg

Brad's response to same:

www.forteanmedia.com/Corso_05.jpg

www.forteanmedia.com/Corso_06.jpg

www.forteanmedia.com/Corso_07.jpg

The future of warfare, right there.
It also proves they need not necessarily come from outer space.

Can't help wondering if maybe.... some highly classified testing was taking place on a 'need to know basis' and that still can't be revealed...

I thought this sort of drone activity was old hat. If drones can do what they did on New Years Eve in London (2021 and 2022) then they can certainly form a circle. Maybe it's the deployment method which is being tested - i.e. from flare dispensers.
It might have been more a test of autonomous A.I. than flying capabilities.

I remember in the Falkland War the world was shocked that a single missile took out the HMS Sheffield.

People were saying “ what kind of horrible war could this be with one shot “.

I remember in the Falkland War the world was shocked that a single missile took out the HMS Sheffield.

People were saying “ what kind of horrible war could this be with one shot “.
These days, the drones could take out all the people, leaving the hardware largely intact.
That's the grim reality.

I thought this sort of drone activity was old hat. If drones can do what they did on New Years Eve in London (2021 and 2022) then they can certainly form a circle. Maybe it's the deployment method which is being tested - i.e. from flare dispensers.
It might have been more a test of autonomous A.I. than flying capabilities.

The novel aspect in this concerns the degree of drone autonomy involved in coordinated multi-drone flights. Elaborate drone displays (etc.) have been performed for some time using pre-programmed flight planning / choreography. In this case similar maneuvering is self-controlled collaboratively among the drones comprising the swarm.

There is quite a difference between a civilian drone swarm launched in the middle of a city and performing a short display, and a swarm of drones around a ship in the middle of the ocean that remain aloft for hours. There may be military drones that have large reserves of power and the capability to perform tasks or deploy weapons in that period; but they would need to be far more capable than the display drones on New Year's Eve. Energy density (the number of joules available per kilogram) is the important factor here. Like in an electric car, useful energy reserves are heavy.

There is quite a difference between a civilian drone swarm launched in the middle of a city and performing a short display, and a swarm of drones around a ship in the middle of the ocean that remain aloft for hours. There may be military drones that have large reserves of power and the capability to perform tasks or deploy weapons in that period; but they would need to be far more capable than the display drones on New Year's Eve. Energy density (the number of joules available per kilogram) is the important factor here. Like in an electric car, useful energy reserves are heavy.
These drones are probably fairly large and may be gas powered, or they may use fuel cell technology.

One advantage of using a fuel cell or internal combustion engine is that you don't have to carry oxygen, so the energy density of the fuel is multiplied by a factor around two. Chemical batteries don't have this advantage, so are heavier.

Drone swarms: The future of warfare...?

Looks like it's already here....

Israel Used World's First AI-Guided Swarm Of Combat Drones in Gaza Attacks (2020)

I would suggest that seeing a ufo up close is the best way to understand that these vehicles are (some of them) huge, moving with such incredible speed, totally noiseless and smokeless, with abilities that are unknown to us, even in this day and age.
The one I saw was in 1997, almost 25 years ago, and this thing was just astounding, you guys can think what you like, but I will never believe it was any of our technology or capability, this was something more, with powers that defied and were unaffected by our gravity.
Before I saw this vehicle, I would not have had this opinion, photos and videos of ufo's are fine, but the experience is a bit different.
JMO

Ronnie Jersey,

Also for me, the time around 1997 was a time I saw the most UFOs.

After that time, there has been none.

This is when I had a daylight sighting of an UFO.

Not anything like Sci-Fi movies, no glitter or glamour, but definitely not affected by earth’s gravity.

CharlieBrown - what exactly did you see?

I've seen a few other questionable things in the air since 1997, but they were way up in the clouds and not too visible so I can't comment on them, one that buzzed very loudly, another thing dodging in and out of the clouds, it's just obvious that odd things are flying around in our skies.

Comfortably Numb:

I am aware you think this is silly, but I have posted it here somewhere recently - I was with 3 other women on the NJ / Pennsylvania border, flat farm country. It was 9:10 pm and dark out, we went outside to have smoke by the barn. I never watch the sky as a rule, but one of the women was very religious and used to star gaze as she was praying. We heard her say, 'What the heck is that' and all looked up, there was a very large object hovering close over us - I thought it was approximately 30 - 40 feet in diameter, round, with flashing lights underneath, one color of which was yellow lights, rotating clockwise silently. It 'hopped' to the center of the sky and hovered there, no smoke or sense of propulsion evident. It then jumped around the sky and all of us were discussing what on earth this thing was, and suddenly one of the women screamed that it was on top of us again, hovering. We all ran for the house, petrified, and I looked back to see this thing take off at an incredible speed to the other side of the planet, all it left was a light trail.
This was 1997, and I will never forget it.

Well Ronnie Jersey,

I have talked about this in past posts, but in 1997 this particular area was very rural and a small river came close to the this road’s paved side.

I was on my way to pick up a daughter at High School who stayed late for play practice, so no other cars on the road.

This UFO was floating over this small river, like studying the river.

It was so unnoticeable that I was surprised I noticed this UFO.

Back