• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

I will not get my hopes up about the public UFO hearings because of two things.

One, I have been disappointed so many times from the past about the government giving out UFO information.

Secondly, the government will not give out classified information.

Then there is a small chance that the panel might do the right thing, but I doubt it.
I find it both annoying and frightening that we are paying these people to ignore us much of the time.

Sadly expectations of anything new from the UFO public hearings on Tuesday is very low according to Space.com.

Did I hear the return of swamp gas, mass hysteria, and monkeys escaping from a travel circus attacking a farm house ?

What a missed opportunity !

Well, they have confirmed Metabunk's explanation of the triangle clip as 'bokeh' caused by a triangular iris.

I would like to see them analyse FLIR1, GIMBAL and GOFAST with similar rigour, to confirm the explanations that the Metabunk crew have come up with. It seems very likely that every UAP sighting has some mundane explanation or another, but it takes detailed analysis and lots of information to decode the data.

I was tied up with family on Tuesday, but I did notice there was no mention on the TV news programs about the UFO public hearings.

Does anyone know what was said ?

It must have been a real bust ?

I have not had time as of yet to watch Yithian post, but I did hear a known radio announcer in Nashville say that being such an important topic, the hearings presented no new information which he felt was disrespectful to the public.

With my limited time I scanned the video, and “not enough data” is the “ new “ answer now.

But It was established there were 11 near misses with UAPs.

With my limited time I scanned the video, and “not enough data” is the “ new “ answer now.

But It was established there were 11 near misses with UAPs.
It's almost as good as the JFK assassination information they release every so many years, in other words worthless. LOL!
But please read the comments in youtube, others are writing about their experiences, fascinating.

You are right in that the JFK assassination will never be explained just as UFOs.

It is speculated that the intelligence community and the Pentagon are at odds with each other over how much UFO information can be released to the public with the Pentagon being the “ bad guy “.

Here's a short, new clip showing a Navy 'plane flying past a UAP;
https://www.metabunk.org/data/video/50/50744-cd055f3be5a469fccea3a9fb1d43f3c5.m4v

...the object only appears in three frames towards the end, which Mick West has obligingly put into a single image.
FlyBy.jpg

...this looks to me just like the mylar toy balloon that was filmed in similar circumstances on a different occasion. The specular reflection from the silver balloon has created a circular 'bokeh' effect.

Really, the Navy needs better evidence than this if they expect us to be concerned about unknown 'incursions'.

Here's a short, new clip showing a Navy 'plane flying past a UAP;
https://www.metabunk.org/data/video/50/50744-cd055f3be5a469fccea3a9fb1d43f3c5.m4v

...the object only appears in three frames towards the end, which Mick West has obligingly put into a single image.
View attachment 55394

...this looks to me just like the mylar toy balloon that was filmed in similar circumstances on a different occasion. The specular reflection from the silver balloon has created a circular 'bokeh' effect.

Really, the Navy needs better evidence than this if they expect us to be concerned about unknown 'incursions'.

Reminds me a bit of a lower quality version of Flt-Lt James Salandin's sighting in 1954, which has long been tentatively suggested as a balloon of some sort.

R-Tim Burchett U.S. Congressman has come out being very critical of the U.S. Congressional UFO public hearings.

Tim has told the news media that the hearings were a joke.

Tim claims knowledge of crashed UFO material.

Tim says all we do for years is “ just cover up “.

He wants another public hearing with the actual pilots.

Salandin's sighting occurred near Southend. If a Meteor jet would encounter a toy balloon anywhere, that would be a likely place to find them.

R-Tim Burchett U.S. Congressman has come out being very critical of the U.S. Congressional UFO public hearings.

Oh that would be wonderful! Would love to hear from actual pilots, they see more than we do.

I think the greatest comment about the U.S. Congressional UFO public hearings was from The Atlantic.

“ We have never seen a group of people work so hard to make the topic discussed so boring “.
A bunch of boring bastards pretending they don't know or they don't, don't know :)

One interesting thing that has come out of this is that the US Navy is starting to take the problem of mylar balloons seriously. Toy mylar balloons, such as the Batman balloon mentioned in several threads in this forum, are small but bright objects that can be easily misidentified by pilots in fast moving planes, and the reflective coating may give spurious radar returns as well under certain circumstances.

The Navy training grounds off the coast of Virginia are particularly plagued by the accidental release of small mylar balloons, as can be seen from this information leaflet.
BalloonLitterBrochure.jpg

If the Congressional UFO public hearings can find ways to reduce or eliminate the misidentification of these harmless toys, this will be a good thing; especially since an enemy faction might decide to use such cheap artefacts as decoys in a conflict situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

If Rep. Burchett knows there's "crashed UFO material" he must have a good idea what it is, where it is, who's keeping it from us, etc. So why isn't he putting any energy in getting it released? Not another hearing, not a speech - a deliberate, focused demand that the people in charge release the info.

Let's be careful and not steer this conversation into politics.

This 'crashed UFO material' is probably 'Art's Parts'; a pile of metallic garbage sent anonymously to Art Bell over the years, including radiator parts and metal slag.
Nothing to do with aliens.
ZI-0BUF-2020-SPR00-SPI-7-1

The swarm of UAPs around the USS Kidd and other ships seems to have been confirmed to have been drones, not aliens, according to this article.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...not-ufos-defense-officials-confirm/ar-AAXz6oW
In our coverage of these incidents, we found increasingly clear evidence that the objects were drones. Numerous ship deck logs from the earliest incidents referred to the objects as UAS, UAV, or plainly as drones.
We later learned through the Freedom of Information Act that briefing slides from the USS Paul Hamilton were created shortly after one of the incidents. Those slides again referred to the objects as UAS, UAV and as a “UAS Swarm.”
Investigators, who were in a position to have a first-hand description of the objects, questioned civilians believed to be in possession of drones and in proximity to the ships at the time of the incident.
In parallel, investigators also sought to deconflict with the Navy’s own drone operations in the area. Flight logs shared with the investigators appeared to rule out a case of mistaken identity with Navy assets.
Drone incidents continued to occur even after the launch of the Navy’s initial investigation. Deck logs again referred to the objects as drones and indicated that radiofrequency signals had been detected from them.
I must say I was particularly mystified by this series of sightings; at first I thought it was mostly misidentified airliners in the distance, like the Gatwick drone swarms. But the radar records suggested that something else was going on. These were real, small, nearby objects, at least some of the time.

If it was 'civilians believed to be in possession of drones', then one wonders why they were buzzing US Navy ships for no apparent reason. Perhaps this was just some convoluted prank or dare, maybe in an attempt to provoke anti-drone measures for their own amusement. Or maybe they really were spies or mischief-makers of some other sort.

Mike claims the idea of UFOs are us from the future should have been discussed.
I think it's fine to discuss such things here, and I'm sure interested scientists have discussed it among themselves hypothetically, but there seems little point in theorising about such things officially when there isn't even a testable model of the effects of causality violation to work from.

Causality violation is a philosophical and ethical nightmare.

If you go into the past and change history, you may be committing an entire timeline full of people to oblivion. Everything that happens after the change will cease to exist or be confined to an inaccessible limbo; after changing his past, Marty McFly might start to fade away, or would he simply blink out of existence? Either way, he's gone.

If the original timeline continues to exist, then maybe it is no longer possible to go there- but if you can go there, you will see that your temporal meddling has achieved precisely nothing for the inhabitants of that world.

On top of that, you must accept responsibility for any changes you might make - if you go back in time and successfully change history, you are morally responsible for any new events that occur in the altered timeline - which could be full of unintended consequences and may even be worse than the original world. If you have seen The Butterfly Effect you will understand the problem.

Most current theories suggest that causality violation is forbidden by the universe - and for good reason.

Since I just learned that 30 years of Hubble data says the universe is expanding at 168,000 miles per second, much faster than previously believed, how could a person time travel ?

At that speed, how could one return to their starting point ?

Since I just learned that 30 years of Hubble data says the universe is expanding at 168,000 miles per second, much faster than previously believed, how could a person time travel ?

At that speed, how could one return to their starting point ?
Good question, but could they perhaps travel in some other way, dimensionally for instance?

Back