• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

U.S. Navy Patents 'UFO' Tech (Salvatore Pais Inventions)

kamalktk

Antediluvian
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...d-by-warning-of-similar-chinese-tech-advances

----------------------------------------------------------
The United States Secretary of Navy is listed as the assignee on several radical aviation technologies patented by an aerospace engineer working at the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) headquarters in Patuxent River, Maryland. One of these patents describes a "hybrid aerospace-underwater craft" claimed to be capable of truly extraordinary feats of speed and maneuverability in air, water, and outer space alike thanks to a revolutionary electromagnetic propulsion system.

Keep in mind though that "patented" does not mean "have a working model".

Those patents might well be an attempt to duplicate at least theoretically, UFO propulsion systems. AATIP was a subgroup from a larger research project that was attempting to develop weapons technology from observed UFO characteristics. Reminds me of the Nitinol developed by Battelle, perhaps in an attempt to imitate the shape-changing, programmable matter aspect of UFOS. DARPA was working on morphing technologies with the goals of trans-medium travel:
http://dnc.tamu.edu/projects/flowcontrol/Morphing/public_html/darpa.html
https://www.google.com/search?sourc........0..0i131j0j0i10j0i22i30j0i13.N9TNv-tw47Y
One of the characteristics attributed by TTSA to UFOs.

And the first message heard via SETI is....

Oi ! that's already patented in five galaxies. Don't you guys ever read the small print ?

By the way, have you read the latest plan for the space super highway. Your scheduled for demoliton next week.

INT21.

"Navy officials claim their radical electromagnetic and superconductor technologies aren't theoretical, they’re already operable in some form."

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...e-tech-boss-claims-key-ufo-patent-is-operable
-------------------------------------
However, in these patent documents, the inventor Salvatore Pais, Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division's (NAWCAD) patent attorney Mark O. Glut, and the U.S. Naval Aviation Enterprise's Chief Technology Officer Dr. James Sheehy, all assert that these inventions are not only enabled, but operable. To help me understand what that term may mean in these contexts, I reached out to Peter Mlynek, a patent attorney.

Mlynek informed me that the terms “operable” or “operability” are not common in patent applications, but that there is little doubt that the use of the term is meant to assert to the USPTO that these inventions actually work:

These patents suggest to me that the study of UFOs has led to an understanding of aspects of their technologies. AATIP was part of a larger program to study the devices and try to understand their technologies in order to recreate and weaponize them; perhaps other countries, like China, are making advances in understanding them too. Elizondo suggested that scientists were beginning to understand how they work.

"Navy officials claim their radical electromagnetic and superconductor technologies aren't theoretical, they’re already operable in some form."

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...e-tech-boss-claims-key-ufo-patent-is-operable
-------------------------------------
However, in these patent documents, the inventor Salvatore Pais, Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division's (NAWCAD) patent attorney Mark O. Glut, and the U.S. Naval Aviation Enterprise's Chief Technology Officer Dr. James Sheehy, all assert that these inventions are not only enabled, but operable. To help me understand what that term may mean in these contexts, I reached out to Peter Mlynek, a patent attorney.

Mlynek informed me that the terms “operable” or “operability” are not common in patent applications, but that there is little doubt that the use of the term is meant to assert to the USPTO that these inventions actually work:
That is awesome. AWESOME.

These patents suggest to me that the study of UFOs has led to an understanding of aspects of their technologies. AATIP was part of a larger program to study the devices and try to understand their technologies in order to recreate and weaponize them; perhaps other countries, like China, are making advances in understanding them too. Elizondo suggested that scientists were beginning to understand how they work.
Yes, for these patents to suddenly come out of the skunkworks in short order does rather indicate a 'mysterious' origin.
Or that's how it looks.

So all the scientists working on current superconducting technology and fusion reaction and pack up and go back to burger flipping or whatever they were doing before getting their degrees/Pdh ?

I can see a vague possibility that our own research has led to some breakthrough, but back engineered ufo tech ?

Would you like relish with that ballony ?

INT21.

So all the scientists working on current superconducting technology and fusion reaction and pack up and go back to burger flipping or whatever they were doing before getting their degrees/Pdh ?

I can see a vague possibility that our own research has led to some breakthrough, but back engineered ufo tech ?

Would you like relish with that ballony ?

INT21.
You can patent things without having a working model, though the wording of the patent application leads the article writer to believe they might.

I don't believe the patent applications mention the work being back engineered ufo tech (that part is mere speculation).

I suspect the person assigned the patent, Salvatore, is getting his name put on various patents as the front person for whatever military group is doing the research, probably for security reasons to keep the actual researcher names under wrap.

Is there any reason to believe these developments have anything to do with UFOs? The US military puts considerable funds into R&D.

Also just because it's been made public now, doesn't mean it's a sudden development. They could have been working on this for the past thirty years as far as we know.

None of these patents have any basis in real technology. Even the apparently sound micro-fusion reactor requires magnetic fields stronger than those surrounding a magnetar, and would consume far more energy than it produces.

This technology also relies on high-temperature superconductors, that would have many useful applications if they could only be made to work. The energy levels and performance of the technology described in this patent are complete fantasy, but give us high-temp superconductors, and a whole bunch of really interesting things would be possible.

None of these patents have any basis in real technology. Even the apparently sound micro-fusion reactor requires magnetic fields stronger than those surrounding a magnetar, and would consume far more energy than it produces.

This technology also relies on high-temperature superconductors, that would have many useful applications if they could only be made to work. The energy levels and performance of the technology described in this patent are complete fantasy, but give us high-temp superconductors, and a whole bunch of really interesting things would be possible.
That's a very interesting situation indeed. :)

I understand that you don't need a working model to be granted a patent in the USA, but you do in the UK, and probably Europe.

It makes sense to need a model, otherwise someone can patent an idea and just sit on it, preventing anyone else from using it.

Of course, if this happened, then the patentee could claim royalties for something he/she only thought of, but never knew how to develop.

I understand that you don't need a working model to be granted a patent in the USA, but you do in the UK, and probably Europe.
It makes sense to need a model, otherwise someone can patent an idea and just sit on it, preventing anyone else from using it.

There's a common trope in cartoons, etc., concerning inventors having to produce and submit (typically miniature) models of an invention as a requirement of the patent application process.

Generally speaking, this isn't true ...

It is true that the US Patent Office originally required a miniature model of mechanical inventions to be submitted in support of a patent application. This requirement was abolished almost 140 years ago (1880).

Current US and UK patent regulations require a detailed description of the thing being patented. This description is prescribed to extend only as far as a sufficiently detailed text and drawings / illustrations sufficient to support the textual description.

Off hand, I don't know of any nation that currently requires a physical model to be submitted in support of a patent application. For that matter, I'm not sure how many (if any) nations other than the USA ever imposed such a requirement.

Patents are issued on the basis of originality and a sufficiently detailed description establishing the bounds of the patent's applicability. Feasibility, economic viability, practicality, etc., are factors that might facilitate acceptance of the application, but they aren't factors required to approve the application.

Of course, if this happened, then the patentee could claim royalties for something he/she only thought of, but never knew how to develop.

There's a common misconception about what legal effect a patent has. A patent does not automatically grant any actionable license to exclusively market or profit from an invention. It simply certifies that the patentee is accorded intellectual property rights which can be leveraged to limit or prevent others in using, marketing, and / or profiting from the patented item. It's up to the patentee to act (or not) if someone else employs something for which he / she holds patent rights.

A patent is in effect a form of property ownership. Holding the deed to your land doesn't automatically mean nobody else can walk across it. It does, however, afford you the right to act so as to prohibit / inhibit / prevent trespassing. If you take no such action, there's no basis for prosecuting anyone who walks across your land.

As a result, obtaining a patent allows the patentee rights via which others can be prevented from locking away an invention for their own purposes or gain. This preventative angle is just as valid and important a motivation for seeking patents as facilitating the patentee's own gains.

From another site I extracted this ...

..Energy dominance has become a cornerstone of American military policy as laboratories seek to develop the ‘Holy Grail’ of power generation: nuclear fusion. ..

it seems someone has filed a patent for a small fusion reactor that will transform the future.

But I wonder if the person involved has thought it through.

If fusion becomes reality, in any practical form, then the fossil fuel industry will very quickly fade away.

People will lose money, all employed in the industries will be looking for new jobs. etc.

INT21.

From another site I extracted this ...

..Energy dominance has become a cornerstone of American military policy as laboratories seek to develop the ‘Holy Grail’ of power generation: nuclear fusion. ..

it seems someone has filed a patent for a small fusion reactor that will transform the future.

But I wonder if the person involved has thought it through.

If fusion becomes reality, in any practical form, then the fossil fuel industry will very quickly fade away.

People will lose money, all employed in the industries will be looking for new jobs. etc.

INT21.
Unlimited cheap energy will usher in a new era of leisure, akin to the Star Trek future.

What if there's cheap energy weapons of mass destruction?

What if there's cheap energy weapons of mass destruction?

That is probably the top of the list.

And the era of leisure ? Haven't we heard that before.

Brave New World and all that.

The World as we know it can't handle leisure. It breed violence and disruption. Brought on by thickos who have no idea what to do with their time. We see it already.

How the near future is going to handle the smartphone generation's problems is anybodies guess.

But that is a bit off topic.

INT21.

Pais gets a full page in latest issue [FT404].
The source is this vice.com article.

Back