• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO Diversity: Different Types / Shapes Seen Over The Years

lucydru

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
What will the next level of ufo's be?

What will the next level of ufo technology be?

We have had cigar shaped crafts, saucer or disc shaped crafts and now it seems to be that flying triangles are the latest "thing" in ufo tech.

Well we ever see ufo's that are actually living creatures themselves (living ships as it where) carrying other lifeforms around space.

What do you think?

lucydru

Based on past experience, they will follow what is available with the next generation of special effects in films, so probably organic. Mind you, we're probably due some with a retro '70s feel to them, so I could well be wrong...;)

Fortis

Re: What will the next level of ufo's be?

lucydru said:
We have had cigar shaped crafts, saucer or disc shaped crafts and now it seems to be that flying triangles are the latest "thing" in ufo tech

That looks like the contents of the processed cheese fridge in the local supermarket. I predict that the logical follow-on is silent slices, only detectable with laser pointers.

Living ships have already been recorded of course, Personally I think people will start to see things like UFO´s made out of pure light. But I suppose only Hollywood can say.

After 'Independence Day' I expected to see a return of 'mother ship' sightings - a huge UFO with smaller ones coming and going - but this doesn't seem to have happened.

I think we'll have an increasing tie-in between UFOs and conspiracy/New World Order/black helicopter stuff, but as Niels Bohr (supposedly) said, it's difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.

Niels Bohr didn´t say that. The Dane who is usually supposed to have said it is Storm P, but he didn´t come up with it either. It was another guy I can´t remember the name of.

Niels Bohr didn´t say that.

Oops! I should know better than to attribute a quote. Thought I had a good source for that one, though - physicist/filmmaker Timothy Ferris attributed it to Bohr.

Back to the thread...
As Xanatic pointed out, the idea of living UFOs is not new. It dates back at least to A. Conan Doyle's story 'The Horror of the Heights'. The concept was never given much credence, presumably because people were too devoted to the 'nuts-and-bolts' paradigm.

With artificial intelligence and genetic engineering blurring the line between living and non-living, perhaps it's time to give living UFOs another look.

I must admit I find the idea of entities living in the sky very interesting. Sadly I also find it quite improbable.

Improbable, how much I love that word improbable. It means that even though the chances of something happening are minute, they still might happen. :D

lucydru

borderlands.com/catalog/trevor.htm
Link is dead. The MIA webpage can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20040211161942/http://www.borderlands.com/catalog/trevor.htm

Constable claimed that 'UFO's were life forms of the atmosphere, which he called 'critters' and claimed to have photographed.

For more about Constable and his work see:
Trevor James Constable (Ethereal Sky Creatures; Living UFOs)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ble-ethereal-sky-creatures-living-ufos.68050/

Last edited by a moderator:
"Improbable, how much I love that word improbable. It means that even though the chances of something happening are minute, they still might happen."

Kind of like in Dumb and Dumber. :)

I´ve seen some pictures in a UFO mag about it, where they had taken jellyfish and such and put them into photos of the sky. Looked pretty cool, and not all that unlike the reports we hear today.

I've argued elsewhere on this board that the greys/abductions/secret bases/reptoids ate my hamster mythos may be coming apart under the weight of its own contradictions. (Kinda like that TV series about the FBI agents and the paranormal did!) The fact that the latest 'fashion' for UFO's, the Black Triangle, is usually assumed to be of terrestrial origin, and the military-industrial complex has taken the place of 'space aliens' as the originators, suggests that we might be moving into a phase where UFO's will go back to the 'scareship' , 'phantom flyer' type of phenomena. Given the existence of the 'Black Helicopter' in the mythology already, will we see sightings of some form of 'super-copter', possibly complete with cyborged Special Forces descending to snatch victims from their beds?

UFO or not UFO?, that is the question

My theory is...

If there is an advanced race of beings somewhere in the Universe, they would need to be much more advanced than the home-sapien human in order to develop the technology to travel to a far distant galaxy to visit a planet that only really wants to know if life is out there so they can shoot it out of the sky or possibley colonise it's planet as our sun has just passed it's half life, looking after our investments and all that. If it were that advanced it would do one of two things an independence day massacre without the warning bleeps, whereby you need not worry because you'd be dead before you realise or secondly keep the hell away because humans try to control and dominate and inevitabley destroy anything they touch.

Or you could have the under developed under funded planet where they don't have the tech know how to invent paper to make a paper aeroplane never mind fly to a far distant galaxy. If this is so we will probabley discover them first which means not in our lifetime. When we do discover them our politicians will promise aid etc etc and eventually starve them of whatever resource the planet has to offer. Look at third world countries, their on our planet and they have no assistance.

anyway getting away from the issue at hand. sorry!

But there is one more, the possibility they are here already and are part of the research committee to search for extra terrestrial life in space. Now that is advanced.

One of the reasons why the whole "aliens in the past" doesn´t seem credible to me is that we can apparently recognise spaceships on old paintings. For example in sumerian texts they mention what sounds like rockets. But if aliens have the technology to traverse interstellar space, their spaceships probably look nothing like anything we would recognise. Especially not like rockets, since that is a rather primitive form of spaceships.

Xanatic said:
One of the reasons why the whole "aliens in the past" doesn´t seem credible to me is that we can apparently recognise spaceships on old paintings. For example in sumerian texts they mention what sounds like rockets. But if aliens have the technology to traverse interstellar space, their spaceships probably look nothing like anything we would recognise. Especially not like rockets, since that is a rather primitive form of spaceships.
I agree with you 100% on that, but is someone trying to tell us something that we can understand at our present technological level?:confused:

UFOs - the next Generation

Fortis said:
Based on past experience, they will follow what is available with the next generation of special effects in films, so probably organic. Mind you, we're probably due some with a retro '70s feel to them, so I could well be wrong...;)

Fortis

;) Wouldn't it be great if the next generation of UFOs mimicked those novelty hot-air balloons - y'know the ones shaped like Mickey Mouse, or cans of beer? Can you imagine the increased incredulity and freedom of movement these ships would generate?

I once read about something many years ago, where a lot of people in Spain witnessed a high-altitude jellyfish!
Apparently, there were lots of witnesses, including nuns from a nunnery.

The nuns must have been having a wobbly day - usually
with them it's the Virgin Mary at the least!

Incidentally, can anyone explain why UFO fans are hardly ever
interested in Mary? Ah, she's an Identified Flying Object,
I see!

I know there have been books which plot earth-lights,
religious visions and UFO sightings, finding a correlation
with fault-lines. But, though UFO fans accuse straight
science of ignoring data, they are pretty selective themselves.

I think I have seen the statistic that more people report
visions of Our Lady each year than report structured craft.
:confused:

James Whitehead said:
Incidentally, can anyone explain why UFO fans are hardly ever
interested in Mary? Ah, she's an Identified Flying Object,
I see!

Same reason Mary fans aren't interested in UFOs - it's just the sun dancing around in the sky.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

The question signifies sensitivity - something is in the works and I intend to find out just what that is.

FYI, for the past 20 or so months 19,000+ unique visitors (return visitations) have viewed http://www.ufometaphysics.com (formerly http://www.lanset.com/sirius) which photographically documents paranormal UFO manifestations. The web site's material in now available only by request - the site is history but is left availabe for those truly interested in such things. Very few negative comments were received: Very few positive comments were received. Mostly, visitors in general did not know just what to make of TRULY BONA FIDE AUTHENTICE material. This was not surprising.

I am certain there is a plan in the works which will illuminate UFO visitations in general. The schedule of such new demonstrations has been revised; I suspect that it has been speeded up.

But back to the basic question - what will be seen. Mostly I believe a public demonstration will happen, will be recorded. Three hundred plus web site visitors examined a video record of a ship arriving and departing from South San Francisco CA US which is adjacent to San Francisco International Airport. At that time, it was NOT seen by myself or two trained flight crews which passed the object while launching from runway 28R. It WAS captured on digital video tape on March 25, 2001. I feel the next display will be major with media coverage.

This event will display and illustrate a refinement of UFO technology. That will be the next step. This is not a cut-and-dried operation. Adjustments must be made, a technology IS involved.

When? Soon! Where? Unknown.

Regards.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGPfreeware 6.5.8 for non-commercial use <http://www.pgp.com>

iQA/AwUBO7QQHQhZD9deHqnpEQJ8bgCgni7D1IAEfDDBU+ORJVY4lcpCuzwAnRUF
3qkZt9XddpWXIeDhwQdDhjHi
=llxr
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

The book "Fifty Years of UFOs" by John and Anne Spencer does quite a good job tying in the evolution of sightings to the times and climate that we live in.
Now we're moving into an era of uncertainty, increased security, constant threat maybe that will determine the kinds of encounters seen from now on.
Will we go back to the benevolent visitations of peace-advocating aliens from the 50's?
Will conspiracy theory based on increased Government controls go through the roof?
Will sightings be more threatening now we're in heightened anxiety about security?
Will UFO sightings decrease due to people concentrating on more earthly matters, or increase as we look to escape?

Fashions in ufos?

Right, I don't know much about ufos, but I've been reading Modern Mysteries of Britain which mentions a few cases, and something struck me.

There seem to be 'fashions' regaring the style of ufos and their occupants. Am I right in thinking that the first ufos were described as cigar-shaped, then came the saucers and now the triangles? Similarly, the occupants first looked human, sometimes wearing spacesuits, and have now become more and more 'alien', like the Greys.
If so, why is this?

Do people describe things that resemble the popular 'flying machine' iconography of the time - so, men in spacesuits are seen when human space exploration begins, then increasingly strange-looking aliens are introduced in films/books and this is reflected in 'real life' sightings.

Or do the visitors and their crafts change because they are from different places/times? If so, why do the sightings of the different types seem to follow a linear pattern?
I mean, why do visitors from one time/place only seem to appear at a specific time in our history? Why don't they appear throughout? Are they taking turns to pop by?

Or just a change in popular culture?

Yeah, I know that's really cynical. :eek:

the theories behind why they are visiting us also changes. From the early contactee "we've come to save mankind" visits to the alien abduction/exploration cases. But 'Grey' type beings were witnessed in the sixties also. You could begin to talk about 'What if the human forms were a sort of puppet or cover for what they really looked like', mind control, so to speak. Or you could be cynical and say that they look like whatever stretches the human imagination. Maybe 'Greys' have been seen for millenia, only described as demons or fairies... if whatever we are experiencing is from a far more advanced civilisation, then i don't think some kind of image inducer would be beyond their means if they can travel through space. The theories are countless...

p.s. saucers seen from the side look cigar shaped...i don't think there has been a dramatic change of what is being seen, just new additions...saucers, spheres, triangles ad infinitum...

The craft described and their occupants vary wildly. And what we see as more 'modern' descriptions (i.e. post-1947) have earlier predecessors. Some occupants and their actions seem to be particular to certain parts of the world - for instance, UFO entities reported in South America are often more hostile. It's true that there is a certain theme to some, but not all, UFO descriptions and that this reflects certain ideas of any given time. But there are also a number of UFOs and occupants which have their own particular look.

I've heard a couple of arguments for this:
The "iconography" explanation (sign of the times) that Sally mentioned. I think it was the book "Communion" that
talks about an alien appearing wearing what was basically a piece of cardboard with a 1920-style suit printed on the front.
Very strange!

Finally, the fact that the "visitors" in different eras of our
calendar do not look the same because they are coming from further and further out to visit us, and they are from different planets, and appear in the craft and mode of dress that their culture dictates: i.e. the Boy Scout Troop from Zeta Reticuli arrive in their camping uniforms and
fly over in their scout master's minivan -- whereas the senior citizens from the Pleadies each dress in what is comfortable, and arrive in a luxury liner.
Even though my examples are crap, this may make the most sense. Very rarely are the craft identical... and even though there are wide varieties of occupants reported, they do seem to fall into common "species".

My 2 cents...
TVgeek

TVgeek said:
I've heard a couple of arguments for this:
The "iconography" explanation (sign of the times) that Sally mentioned. I think it was the book "Communion" that
talks about an alien appearing wearing what was basically a piece of cardboard with a 1920-style suit printed on the front.
Very strange!

it's been a while since i read it but i think you are right, it is from communion. The puppet theory is also talked about in that book, i seem to remember...or i might be dreaming...

In the 50s and 60s there seemed to be a consensus amongst the ET crowd that 'cigars' were huge motherships that (mostly) stayed in orbit, whilst 'saucers' were planetary exploration probes.

Naive? Or has ET realise he's been twigged, and is now using more complex cloaking...?! :p

ufo fashions

Theres some kind of trigger when ufo flaps occur. It seems that when a big flap happens -you get all kinds of crazy stories-(find the book by "kevin randle",called ' october 1973 visits"or something along that title line) anyway Randle talks about a hugh flap in southern calif in (starting oct.1973)the book gives some of the strangest accounts!!which I varified in the tustin calif Library I read all the clippings (you can get-read these_ from the ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER -A BIG CALIF.NEWS PAPER)there's a marine base near one of the zillion reports where a Marine saw a 10 foot giant alien while jogging-flying saucers buzzing el toro marine base,None of the reports make sense but they are from people in high places.Ufo's aliens are just a way to drive humans nuts I think and its working!

Back