• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO Diversity: Different Types / Shapes Seen Over The Years

This 1967 reference chart drawn by a Knut Aasheim has been circulating for decades. I haven't been able to determine its original source.

KnutAasheim-UFOChart.jpg

We are just going to have to disagree, I am afraid. Do you also not believe in the McMinnville UFO or Heflin photos?
Yes and no. :)

Yes, we disagree and...

No, not these 'flying saucer' photos, of which Heflin's are such a blatant hoax, I despair...

You add, "Remember these photos were considered authentic in their time".

When everyone was fixated by 'flying saucers' and nobody highlighting Arnold had never said the objects *looked* like flying saucers.

Where, pray tell, are further sightings of the actual shaped objects Arnold described?

Nowhere...

Why and instead reported sightings of what the public mistakenly believed he had seen?

I am endeavouring to steer research away from patently obvious dead ends.

I know it's a long way back when you have been so far down the wrong road for so long...

Seriously, that applies to so many aspects of life, whether beliefs, personal relationship!s, et al.

I've been there... my religious upbringing took an 'Almighty' jolt, when I realised one day that God hadn't written the Bible!

And so on, you know what I mean, in general... :)

"No proof of fraud has ever been discovered".

You remind of a documentary, where an infamous art forger notes how many of his paintings still hang in world famous art galleries!

Can we simply back to the question:

"Where, pray tell, are further sightings of the actual shaped objects Arnold described"?

I wish that poster came with some sort of key to say where these types were first reported. A number I have seen in old tv / films, they may have been based on sightings or vice versa. I can see Dalek and Cybermen ships in there!
Oh yes Dalek and Cybermen. I only noticed the V one.

FYI ... In case anyone's got a mistaken impression of what this chart represents ... It's not a reference chart on UFO sightings. It's a catalog display of graphic image products offered for sale.

This chart illustrates 80 3D digital models / renderings of UFOs created by Jason Christiansen of Clearfield, Utah. Jason is a digital artist who created these several years ago:

https://jasonsart.com

They date back to at least as early as 2010, when Jason uploaded them for sale to graphic artists on Zazzle and TurboSquid.

Set 1 is the only set known to have been completed and offered for sale. It's no longer listed on Zazzle, but it's still listed on TurboSquid:

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-ufo-sightings-1/536255

Jason based his art collection on images and descriptions from UFO sightings. However, some of the models are extrapolations or variations based on examples he found online and don't represent UFOs reported from additional sightings.
hate when you send off for a model and it looks completely different when take it out the box. Why doesn't anyone do the Rendleham one diamond shaped?

Is the giant orange red soccer ball UFO on any listings? I think it's quite a recent one.

These orangeh red ones are supposed to be way bigger then too fighters.

Yes and no. :)

Yes, we disagree and...

No, not these 'flying saucer' photos, of which Heflin's are such a blatant hoax, I despair...

You add, "Remember these photos were considered authentic in their time".

When everyone was fixated by 'flying saucers' and nobody highlighting Arnold had never said the objects *looked* like flying saucers.

Where, pray tell, are further sightings of the actual shaped objects Arnold described?

Nowhere...

Why and instead reported sightings of what the public mistakenly believed he had seen?

I am endeavouring to steer research away from patently obvious dead ends.

I know it's a long way back when you have been so far down the wrong road for so long...

Seriously, that applies to so many aspects of life, whether beliefs, personal relationship!s, et al.

I've been there... my religious upbringing took an 'Almighty' jolt, when I realised one day that God hadn't written the Bible!

And so on, you know what I mean, in general... :)

"No proof of fraud has ever been discovered".

You remind of a documentary, where an infamous art forger notes how many of his paintings still hang in world famous art galleries!

Can we simply back to the question:

"Where, pray tell, are further sightings of the actual shaped objects Arnold described"?
Which photographs do you find authentic --every reasonable analysis I have seen of Heflin and the Trent photos demonstrates that they are probably real --aside from the the witness accounts. UFOs are "objects" when they are seen up close as in Michigan and other places they look like a manufactured technology, and are under intelligent control. Otherwise they would be classified as ghost lights or atmospheric phenomenon, etc.
As far as Arnold's drawing --not the artist's "crescent" conception --just shows these:
1612363808209.jpeg

And if these devices are able to alter their shapes --made from metamaterials and advanced tech, sometimes appearing as a round object, or in a lenticular form etc. Then Arnold's objects might be the same as other disc-like objects flying in formation. This is the incorrect artist's interpretation:
UFO%20sketch

That's Arnold's own depiction and hence the fundamental dilemma.

View attachment 34592
I see. Okay so the illustration above was endorsed by him although he didn't draw it himself --it was in his book.
From Bruce Macabaee's site:
"
L)"When the objects were flying approximately straight and level, they were just a black
thin line and when they flipped was the only time I could get a judgement as to their size.
These objects were holding an almost constant elevation; they did not seem to be going up or
coming down, such as would be the case of artillery shells. I am convinced in my own mind that
they were some type of airplane, even though they didn't conform with the many aspects of the
conventional types of planes I know."

COMMENT: In his letter Arnold included a sketch which shows the leading edge being nearly a
semicircle, with short parallel sides and with the rear being a wide angle convex (protruding) V
shape that comes to a rounded point at the trailing edge. (See also his recorded description in
the Appendix: half a pie pan with a convex triangle at the rear.) He wrote on the sketch that
"they seemed longer than wide, their thickness was about 1/20th of their width." His suggestion
that their width (or length) was about twenty times greater than their thickness may be an
exaggeration. The sketch he drew of how they appeared "on edge" has the dimensions 4 mm wide by
45 mm long (approx.) which suggests a ratio closer to 1/11. Although he did not mention it in
his letter, he later stated (e.g., in his book) that one of the objects had a somewhat different
shape.
His book shows an illustration in which the object has a semi-circular front edge and a
rear edge that consists of two concave edges that join at a rearward pointing cusp at the center
of the rear edge. See below.

http://brumac.mysite.com/KARNOLD/KARNOLD.html

-TxBs_bvNjcYxhg2WVxZB8yMJ9hg9ewGbXNVqph4D7XrcCHEUpD9JrnhnDapXWqok7PokUFF3X-U1_P6O7_e9r42Oc0

So, Arnold said that one of the objects had that crescent form, while the rest had the obtusely-angled back portion.
I thin it just reinforces the metamaterial flexible / morphable nature of the craft.

A good collection of diverse designs there - I had no idea there were so many types.

^Which begs the question.....do we have scores of different alien races vsiting us over the decades or do they change their models as we do our cars? Does any of this make sense when talking abut legitimate alien visitation?
One of the many reasons why Dr Vallee years ago in his books said the likelyhood is that we are not dealing with aliens from outer space but something else.
Any thoughts on this idea.....what else could it be?

Here's a graphic listing of UFO types from the UK National Archives...
And not a triangle in sight...!

Fascinating illustration of perception.

You could argue that if aliens wanted to 'send a message' they existed and realised Anold's phrase had been misconstrued, then saucer-shaped spaceships might be the very thing.

One can surmise they would have reconnaissance on our planet...

'Calling base... earth is expecting craft which look like crockery'.

'Understood... they are the most primitive race we have yet encountered'

'Affirmative... we are currently situated in a location where the population exhibit charactistics of a genetic DNA malfunction'.

'Is it one of their large cities'.

'Negative, it's a small habitation they call Cromer'...

Last edited:
^Which begs the question.....do we have scores of different alien races vsiting us over the decades or do they change their models as we do our cars?

That's a very valid point, but who has the answer/s?

And not a triangle in sight...!
Some 25 odd years ago, there was a UFO nerd who thought it was maybe worthwhile documenting the very thing.

Seems he had this crazy notion these types of UFOs were different and merited some attention.

Probably still chasing them until this day... :btime:

TRIANG01~2.jpg

Last edited:
Again some interesting comments on shapes including 'triangles' (which some have said are human craft) but we are still missing the elephant in the room. Why are there so many different shapes of 'alien' space craft? To borrow a phrase from Spock; 'Is this logical'?

Again some interesting comments on shapes including 'triangles' (which some have said are human craft) but we are still missing the elephant in the room. Why are there so many different shapes of 'alien' space craft? To borrow a phrase from Spock; 'Is this logical'?
Good to see you back! I actually think that many are made from programmable matter and can change shape; the thin materials so oft described, the "metamaterials" that they are supposed to be made of would be able to change shape. Travel between mediums like atmosphere and water and space can be seen in many encounters and also leading edge technologies for NASA and the military, as are soft robotics for space exploration, Bigelow's inflatable space habitats, not surprisingly.. I think the objects I have seen are the same ones seen many times by others in the past, for example. and many of the UFOs are actually the same objects, so the number is more limited. I also think they are probably just ETs with advanced technologies we don't understand, and have a way to get here we can't easily trace.

I think the Nellis video gives a good example of this kind of tech, turning into a disc and other shapes too:

Back