• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO Encounter In Miami (1976)

feinman

Account Retired
Hi Folks,
I've been meaning to post this for a while. It arose from a conversation at Historum --and can be seen on public pages. A forum member with no participation in UFO subjects on the forum came out of the woodwork with this experience he had way back '76. The object really reminds me of object in the photo Nick Pope says was floating around the MOD, until it disappeared: "Radrook" disappeared from the forum immediately after telling the story.

"I had just gotten off from work as a telemarketer and I was in a Miami Suburb waiting for the bus at approx 9 pm. There was a slight drizzle and a fog at about 100 feet elevation. The street where I was waiting for the bus was practically deserted and the traffic was very scarce. I lived at the Gibson Hotel at that time which is located in downtown Miami. I was looking in that direction when I saw the white round light approaching silently at approx 3mph. I recognized it as the same light I had seen several nights before late at night from my hotel window but was traveling at a much higher elevation from the suburbs towards downtown Miami. It had the same strange characteristic of suddenly shaking horizontally. It was also entirely silent which ruled out a helicopter or plane.

I had assumed that the light itself was the entire craft but as it turned out the light was merely attached to its side. I only realized this as the backward reflection from it dimly illuminated the rest of its form which appeared to be that of two pyramids attached at their bases. I would say its distance from me when I noticed this was perhaps one hundred feet. It was enormous and dwarfed the house over which it was passing. I assumed it was going to continue on its way when it suddenly stopped.

Then it suddenly doused its white frontal light and shifted it to focus on me for approx three seconds. Then it used a red and then a green lights and did the same. These lights were the most intense lights I have ever seen in terms of purity. Not a flicker. They were not blinding either.

What bothered me most was that the backward reflections from these light revealed what appeared to have been a hull that seemed organic and not metallic. It had this rather brownish tinge. Also, it was effortlessly defying gravity without any sound of any kind.

Once it had focused those lights on me and I had stood stupidly there instead of running like I should have but didn't for some strange reason, it then doused its light and re-lit it at its rim toward my left. That was the direction it had been traveling before it stopped. It then made a slight right turn towards what I knew was the Miami Airport. I gazed at it as it went and fluctuated horizontally now and then as it had done on its approach. It was traveling just below the fog cover as it had before.

Moments later my bus arrived. Got home and noticed that there was time missing. I figured that maybe I had imagined the whole thing. In fact, I hoped I had because it left me with an uneasy feeling as if I had been abused ion some way. Unfortunately, the next morning the newspaper headline was announcing that a UFO had played havoc with Miami Airport traffic the night before. There went my peace of mind.

Have I attempted to find out what happened during that missing time? No I havent. Why? Because I really don't want to know since it isn't going to do me any good one way or the other. I just wish it never happened to be honest."

--"Radrook"

Purported MOD photocopy of photo:

Calvine-Pic-318463.jpg

[IMG alt="Todd Feinman"]https://historum.com/data/avatars/m/24/24664.jpg?1563467863[/IMG]

This really sounds similar to some of the airship sightings from the 1800s from the clippings you've regularly posted
and worthy of Fort himself!

... I've been meaning to post this for a while. It arose from a conversation at Historum --and can be seen on public pages. A forum member with no participation in UFO subjects on the forum came out of the woodwork with this experience he had way back '76. The object really reminds me of object in the photo Nick Pope says was floating around the MOD, until it disappeared: "Radrook" disappeared from the forum immediately after telling the story.

Some miscellaneous comments ...

The series of Historum posts involving you and Radrook begins on this webpage:

https://historum.com/threads/aliens-attacked.129346/page-118

The story you posted as corroboration shifted the timeframe from sometime circa 1976 to June 1975. Radrook accepted this as corroboration of his own story. However ... The 1975 story doesn't match Radrook's story except for the bit about disrupting operations at the airport and being reported the following day. The 1975 story (from another witness who'd been out at sea) refers to multiple such objects moving over Miami, whereas Radrook only mentions one. The objects' behavior and lights differ between the two accounts. I'm therefore confused as to why Radrook accepted the 1975 story as corroboration of his own with no comment at all.

One more thing ... I can't find any comment, much less confirmation, from Radrook indicating the shape in the Pope / MOD photo was the same as what he'd seen. In fact, his response to your posting the photo doesn't mention the photo or its content at all.

There's more than one way in which two pyramidal shapes could be joined at their bases, so the available textual description doesn't serve to confirm the similarity you'd suggested in posting the photo.

This really sounds similar to some of the airship sightings from the 1800s from the clippings you've regularly posted
and worthy of Fort himself!
I agree, and that's why I didn't sort the articles by date initially in the Historic UFO Encounters thread --the juxtapositions speak for themselves; you can remove the dates and they all sound the same with the same characteristics etc., no matter the decade or century.. Some of these folks are lucky they didn't have heart attacks --when confronted with the truly strange, your mind goes into a different state.

Some miscellaneous comments ...

The series of Historum posts involving you and Radrook begins on this webpage:

https://historum.com/threads/aliens-attacked.129346/page-118

The story you posted as corroboration shifted the timeframe from sometime circa 1976 to June 1975. Radrook accepted this as corroboration of his own story. However ... The 1975 story doesn't match Radrook's story except for the bit about disrupting operations at the airport and being reported the following day. The 1975 story (from another witness who'd been out at sea) refers to multiple such objects moving over Miami, whereas Radrook only mentions one. The objects' behavior and lights differ between the two accounts. I'm therefore confused as to why Radrook accepted the 1975 story as corroboration of his own with no comment at all.

One more thing ... I can't find any comment, much less confirmation, from Radrook indicating the shape in the Pope / MOD photo was the same as what he'd seen. In fact, his response to your posting the photo doesn't mention the photo or its content at all.

There's more than one way in which two pyramidal shapes could be joined at their bases, so the available textual description doesn't serve to confirm the similarity you'd suggested in posting the photo.
Those are all good points, EnolaGaia. I didn't really follow up as he left the forum after that and I don't think he ever came back. There is no way to know for sure if some of these accounts are real or not. The two really weird accounts I have posted --one from a telephone interview (The WA case), and this forum post are just accounts, and there is no way to try and get to the truth of them without further interviews, etc.. I have tried to get back in touch with my friend's wife with the WA story but have been unsuccessful, though it could happen after the Covid thing is over. I did tell her she should have gone public with her injuries but she didn't want to do that when it happened. So, these cases might be authentic or not. I'd like to get her on the forum to answer questions, just as I'd like to get my friend who grew up next door to Craigie to do, but she is somewhat reticent and weirded-out by the whole thing. I believe her 100%, especially given the circumstances of her revelation, and I've known her for years. Have you folks ever thought about Zoom meetings with UFO folks, etc.? I might be able to get David (older friend who saw UFOs over Portland), and his wife, to appear at a meeting --I just am having difficulty contacting them now. Also, I'm not convinced that these objects aren't just hanging out cloaked in our airspace, and occasionally showing themselves. People saw my objects further south in Roseburg months later (I saw them go south) light up over a relatively out of the way area and fly off over their heads. It is kind of the thing you'd want out of very advanced drones, and the military seems to like the characteristics too.

Looking back --I think he was just being nice because I missed the date and he didn't want to bring it up. There might have been an article I didn't see. Not sure!

The story by Nick Pope has some holes in it too. Despite the presence of a Harrier in the (now lost) photo, no Harrier was in the air that day, and no Harrier pilot has ever reported seeing anything like that near his (or her) plane. The M.O.D. would have been very aware of this, but instead they regarded the photo as a great mystery. They didn't hide the evidence either - instead they pinned it up on the wall in their office. Not the actions of a secretive military-industrial complex. More the actions of a bunch of amused Ministry desk-pushers.

So either the Harrier was piloted by aliens, or the photo was a fake. I know where my money lies.

I also thought Pope's story was odd; it was almost like they were trying to gauge the reaction of some folks in the MOD to such a photograph --it doesn't seem like something that would be done, but after what I've seen go on these days, anything is really possible, sadly. I only included it because it looks like it could be a large object composed of two pyramids with their bases touching. But I don't have an opinion on the veracity of Pope's story; sometimes I think he might be an unwitting tool.

Back