• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO Filmed By BBC During 'Look North'

Ringo

I like to not get involved in these matters
My sister just sent me a message about this and I thought I'd check out if anything has been said here but I can't find anything.

A white object moving very fast passes thorugh the background shot of a BBC current affairs programme Look North. The presenter asks for any information as to what it could have been.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xsvj9LbwwU

Am I the only one thinking Seagull?

By that video it'd have to be some kind of supersonic bird to go that fast!

:lol:

It could be something really small, close to the camera. Like an insect. But if it's not, and it's farther away from the camera, then that really is some speed, so it's not a bird.

It could be a Geordie Sea Gull going to pick up its Giro?

(Ringo ducks for cover)
I'm a Geordie as it happens so I'm allowed to make fun of my own.

From the apparent location of the camera I would suggest that a seagull would be a common sight and thus unlikely to have caused such confusuion. I'm going to say it was something small that went past the camera very closely, thus giving the impression of size and speed. Maybe an insect like a moth or perhaps something carried by the wind, like an airborn seed type thang.

Ringo_ said:
My sister just sent me a message about this and I thought I'd check out if anything has been said here but I can't find anything.

A white object moving very fast passes thorugh the background shot of a BBC current affairs programme Look North. The presenter asks for any information as to what it could have been.

I posted about it 11 days ago, here:
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... 718#894718

Someone on another msg board suggested it was like the glint off a thin line of some sort, so that it was invisible except when the sunlight caught certain parts of it as it moved in the wind, but the rest was invisible to the camera.

rynner2 said:
Ringo_ said:

Apologies Rynner, I only just heard about it today and didn't realise it was old news. I had a quick look through thread titles and posts in the thread on which you posted but didn't see anything. What's your take on the whole affair?

Ringo_ said:
rynner2 said:
Ringo_ said:
Apologies Rynner, I only just heard about it today and didn't realise it was old news. I had a quick look through thread titles and posts in the thread on which you posted but didn't see anything. What's your take on the whole affair?
Well, I did comment somewhere that possibly it was a reflection of something in the TV studio (on the screen showing the videocam footage).

But I can't find that post, so probably this 'sighting' was mentioned elsewhere here as well! (It often happens!)

azuredoor said:
Someone on another msg board suggested it was like the glint off a thin line of some sort, so that it was invisible except when the sunlight caught certain parts of it as it moved in the wind, but the rest was invisible to the camera.
I'd go with that - some out-of-shot light source relecting off a scratch in the camera's lens would be my best guess.

When they show it in slo-mo and zoom in, it appears to have the undulations of the "flying rods" from a few years back, so I'd say it is an insect.

That object of whatever it is, looks like it went under the arch,if someone could do a frame by frame on that footage we may get a better look at the object,i dont think it is a near view bug,and it dont look like a bird,great video.if you stop this video on 13secs it shows it has a long tail i think this is a firework rocket.

johncbdg1 said:
That object of whatever it is, looks like it went under the arch,if someone could do a frame by frame on that footage we may get a better look at the object,i dont think it is a near view bug,and it dont look like a bird,great video.if you stop this video on 13secs it shows it has a long tail i think this is a firework rocket.

It doesn't go under the arch, if it did half Newcastle whould have spotted something that large in relation to the bridge moving that fast. It's something close to the camera, or a reflection...

In the second screen grab, you can see a fainter line where the object had appeared in the previous shot. To me, this bears out my theory of light shining on a scratch in the glass.

Peripart said:
In the second screen grab, you can see a fainter line where the object had appeared in the previous shot. To me, this bears out my theory of light shining on a scratch in the glass.

Its not light shining scratch on the glass with camara drag,when the camara stops the scratch keeps moving,

Passing the bridge, looks like it's front.

Picture6-1.png

Does have gull qualities?

Picture7-1.png

After looking it again I've noticed that what ever it is, it's no longer there by the end of the clip, seems to disappear when it hits the sky above the background bridge.

mooks out

Ah, I remember when 'rods' were all the rage, for about a month. There was a documentary and everything.

Good times, good times :lol:

Bloody insects! Case closed, thanks both.
So what are orbs then? Only joking.

Flying rods? That's so 2003, or was that 2001 or 2002?

I remember this at the time - still a mystery
It LOOKS like it's going under the span of the bridge and following the path of the river, whatever it is

I thought this story rang a bell...

Merged with the original topic.

Great video

When it comes to these flying rods, how can one prove that they are insects?

Also that video post prior to this one shows some good footage which I haven't seen before. I think a lot of them could be flares from aircraft, but then I think why would an aircraft deploy flares if not in combat?

Questions!

When the pope resigned and they were in the process of selecting a new pope, KHOU news in Houston sent one of their reporters to the Vatican to cover the story live. They ran his coverage on the TV evening news and I noticed a light flying across the sky behind him. It was traveling from right to left across the screen. I backed it up on my TV and paused it and I snapped a quick picture of it with my cell phone, which I had handy. The light was moving way too fast to be an airplane. Way too slow to be a meteor. I watched it a few times and then resumed watching the news. Later on I emailed KHOU and asked them if they knew what that light might be. I got no response from them. I did, however, find that video next day on their website and played it again. That light was no longer there.

In the picture below you can see the light I'm talking about. It's the dimmer light in the sky farther to the right.

I'd like to add that I obviously don't know what that light is. It could be a fast airplane, a search light sweeping across the sky, a reflection in a window or even an alien space ship with little green reprobates inside. I don't know what it was. I thought it was interesting though, that they managed to edit it out of their video on their website.

Old_Shoe said:
I thought it was interesting though, that they managed to edit it out of their video on their website.

I think it's interesting that they'd edit it out at all. They could have made a news article out of that.

I had to wonder about it. Maybe they knew it was a reflection or something mundane like that (or maybe they didn't know either) and they simply didn't want a flood of questions from UFO nuts. That's what I suspect happened.

Back