• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO over Manchester - right now!

mejane

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Anyone in South east Manchester might want to look up - there is a large classic UFO circling over Hyde Road (Gorton/Ardwick area).

It's been there since at least 7pm (when my other half first noticed it) and is still there...

I can't really judge the size as I don't know how far away it is (could be extremely big and hovering over Salford for all I know!).

It's a classic UFO shape - cigar or saucer shape depending on the viewing angle - and flashing blue and red iights at either end and pale yellow or white ights on the underside. There 's too much traffic noise to tell whether it's making a noise itself.

It's almost too clear and perfect to be a UFO so I'm fully expecting someone to point out that it's an a advertising gimmick for a new film or something equally mundane.

Jane.

It's lovely and it's been circling since dusk.

I saw it from my own window.

It's the Goodyear blimp all lit up. I suppose it is circling the Eastlands Stadium; is it a match night? :D

edit 9:08 pm: Yup, it's still circling. Expecting more reports.

Back