• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO Portal Opens on Glastonbury ToR?

spearjig1

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Had to draw your attention to this fascinating vid that contains genuine still pix of what could be an open portal on the Tor , incredibly, during broad daylight;
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qObdCp0ph_4

It has stood up to the usual scrutiny and claims of hoax, so what could it be?
Think of the bright white light at the end of a tunnel as told time and time again in near-death experiences...

:shock:

If it were on a video, I might be not convinced, exactly, but at least intrigued. As it is, we see one still photo with a white blob on it.

It could be anything - the photographer implies that it was actually on the Tor, rather than just an artefact of the film processing, so fair enough, I'll accept that. But why, then, the leap to assume it's a space/time portal? That's one heck of a jump from fuzzy white blob.

Mind you, Occam's Razor doesn't apply when it comes to Glastonbury, clearly...

spearjig1 said:
It has stood up to the usual scrutiny and claims of hoax, so what could it be?

Hi spearjig

Thanks for the heads up. When I saw the words portal and gateway I thought they'd actually be some sort of "hole" that could be seen into. It looks more like a figure however it's interesting that when I look at the "blob" up close it doesn't look like it's sitting at the top of the Tor. I wouldn't venture a guess as to what it is as my photographic knowledge is minimal. What sort of scrutiny has it been subjected too and who claimed it to be a hoax?

blob.jpg

mooks out

Tor portal

...hey thanx for the photobucket - that is our Tor blob, yes?
The usual scrutiny is from the standard photographic perspective...spots on lenses etc all that sort of sensible questioning by fellow photographers. (Taken on digital camera)...nothing seems to provide an answer. I know the chap who took the pic..there's no doubt he did as he said and saw what he saw. And the usual claimants of 'hoax'...well, they are always there, aren't they...as they can't believe that it can be something otherworldly or believe in such matters ,so it must be a hoax! (Jealousy also plays a role sometimes) How they try to wriggle out of it is predictable - superimposition, a bloke in a white cloth(!) etc...sometimes what they say is laughable. One fellow insists it is simply the sunsetting and shining thru the arch on the other side. No telling him that there ISN'T an arch on that side!
The quantum leap to the theory that it may be a portal is simply in line with the many theories concerning the Tor if you can believe it is other than just a hill...legends associate it with the entrance to the Underworld, its a faery hill...global power point, etc...you name it. No doubt that strange lights do emanate from it on occasions - usually at night tho', and I once had an email form a previous Mayor of Glaston who saw a 'ufo' sink INTO the top of the Tor..now that's interesting - most lights come from out of it.
It's more than a hill, lad!

Thanks spearjig as I look at again I can simulacra a staircase ascending with banisters and someone standing at the top so mayhaps a portal after all.
:shock:
mooks out

portal tor

..yes Mooksta, i suppose you can see/imagine that.
Tell you what, this picture will remain a mystery..until someone else can chance upon capturing an 'opening' again. Wouldn't it be too easy if it opens at the same time each year? Will have to get some personnel awaiting...Feb next year.
A genuine amazing pic.

:?:

If it's a gateway to anywhere, why should it be a UFO portal? Glastonbury Tor is sometimes said to be one of the "hollow hills", part of the Celtic Otherworld or the realm of Faery. Of course it's not hollow in the literal sense, rather it's the entrance to another dimension (or dimensions), rather like the interior of Doctor Who's TARDIS, which isn't actually inside the smaller exterior but attached to it by a portal.

And Glastonbury is well known as Avalon, where Arthur was taken, arguably Avalon is another iteration of the Celtic Otherworld or Faery. This could be the portal to Avalon.

Geoffrey Ashe wrote about a spiral maze on the slopes of the Tor, perhaps walking the maze in the right frame of mind would give you the way in without waiting for the portal to open sponataneously. That could be a way forward.

Re: Tor portal

spearjig1 said:
The quantum leap to the theory that it may be a portal is simply in line with the many theories concerning the Tor if you can believe it is other than just a hill...legends associate it with the entrance to the Underworld, its a faery hill...global power point, etc...you name it. No doubt that strange lights do emanate from it on occasions - usually at night tho', and I once had an email form a previous Mayor of Glaston who saw a 'ufo' sink INTO the top of the Tor..now that's interesting - most lights come from out of it.

It's more than a hill, lad!
Fair enough, dad!

Don't get me wrong - I entirely respect your opinion, and your right to hold an entirely different one to mine. We won't fall out over it, I promise, but as you say, the portal theory becomes more plausible IF you believe it's more than just a hill.

At the moment, however (and this makes me sound almost Fortean - cripes), I look at the picture and see something I don't understand. As a result, my mind is open, but not so open that I have yet jumped to any conclusions.

It's an interesting photo, though, and the blow-up certainly seems to rule out any photoshoppery - I'm intrigued.

http://www.diediemydarling.co.uk/gatewayedit.jpg

I had a quick edit of the photo, and a few things i noticed:

There's another white patch at the top of the pic, probably from a security camera/light, but looks to be throwing off white reflection to the camera, even though it's on the shadowed side of the building. Could the other white light at the bottom be a reflection too?

Also, i took the white shape, flipped it horizontally and increased it by 132%, then reducing the opacity i placed it over the dark doorway on the other side of the photo, and it fits up pretty well. The slopes tend to line up, as you'll see in the updated photo. Also, the bottom of the white shape, and the bottom of the doorway seem to be parallel, and where the white shape is, its bottom doesn't quite fit the shape of the ground it's sitting on. It appears to cut into the hill, rather than be on top of it.

Could there be a photographic reason for this? Could the camera have picked up a reflection of the empty doorway, and sent back a whited out reflection on the other side of the photo?

There does seem to be heavy distortion around the white shape, but it's hard to tell as i just screen grabbed it from the youtube video, so that might just be artifacts, rather than tom-foolery.

How,pray tell, are UFOs/Arthur and his Knights/theLegions of the Damned supposed to get through THAT?
"Our Time has come my Brothers.. now form an orderly queue and no pushing at the back!"

DieDieMyDarling said:
There's another white patch at the top of the pic, probably from a security camera/light, but looks to be throwing off white reflection to the camera.
That upper light splodge on your blown-up picture isn't a reflection of a camera or similar - it's the sun shining on the end of some protruding stonework. The colour of this mark matches that of the fully-illuminated stone elsewhere. If you look at the the right-hand visible face of the tower, you can clearly see the line of the corresponding decorative "ridge".

As for the main artefact sitting in, rather than on, the top of the Tor, that's what intrigues me. It doesn't look light part of the tower, but what it is, I have no idea.

Peripart said:
That upper light splodge on your blown-up picture isn't a reflection of a camera or similar - it's the sun shining on the end of some protruding stonework. The colour of this mark matches that of the fully-illuminated stone elsewhere. If you look at the the right-hand visible face of the tower, you can clearly see the line of the corresponding decorative "ridge".

As for the main artefact sitting in, rather than on, the top of the Tor, that's what intrigues me. It doesn't look light part of the tower, but what it is, I have no idea.

My gut instinct is to believe it's either a camera oddity, or faked. The fact that the white shape seems to line up quite well with the black doorway, when flipped horizontally and increased a little in size, means it's at least something linked to this doorway.

I'd like someone with better understanding of photography than me (which wouldn't be difficult.) to comment on it.

Maybe a link to the original photo would be good too, where there's no artifacts in the image, from youtube's compression rates.

My guess is its a white splodge on a video caused by reflected sunlight blown out of all proportion by a load of people desperate to believe that they are going to be saved by aliens who magically turn out to be much better than people who drive busses and watch big brother in their underwear,or its Michael Jackson.
if you like I can show you the portal I found in my pants,its an interdimensional alien crossroads, but there is a 5 quid toll unfortunatly.
50 quid and you can meet the alien from planet glimpo who lives in my sock draw.

KarlD said:
My guess is its a white splodge on a video caused by reflected sunlight blown out of all proportion by a load of people desperate to believe that they are going to be saved by aliens who magically turn out to be much better than people who drive busses and watch big brother in their underwear,or its Michael Jackson.
if you like I can show you the portal I found in my pants,its an interdimensional alien crossroads, but there is a 5 quid toll unfortunatly.
50 quid and you can meet the alien from planet glimpo who lives in my sock draw.

It's lucky you have a paper bag on your head! ;) though maybe you should swap it for one of them there Tinfoil hats! Just incase!

...Will you take a cheque KarlD? It's just I've been wanting to meet the Glimpo Alien for years....

portal tor

..some interesting efforts at explaining the 'portal' from some of you...thanks to dieddie for the effort and work (no security light up there tho'!)
I'll feed this stuff back to MC who took the pic and had the experience.The cop out is to declare it a hoax...I know from MC that it isn't, so it would be nice if we could leave the research to those who will accept it as a genuine weirdo pic that we will probably never work out/understand, and let the sceptics believe what they want. It's true that you can just about hoax anything you want now with computer wizardy at hand, but that really is tough on those rare individuals who do manage to snap a rarity.
Still my best pic of the year, and remaining unexplained.

:roll:

Re: portal tor

spearjig1 said:
..some interesting efforts at explaining the 'portal' from some of you...thanks to dieddie for the effort and work (no security light up there tho'!)
I'll feed this stuff back to MC who took the pic and had the experience.The cop out is to declare it a hoax...I know from MC that it isn't, so it would be nice if we could leave the research to those who will accept it as a genuine weirdo pic that we will probably never work out/understand, and let the sceptics believe what they want. It's true that you can just about hoax anything you want now with computer wizardy at hand, but that really is tough on those rare individuals who do manage to snap a rarity.

You're refusing to listen to the explanations because you want to believe. Then you're turning it back on people by saying it's a cop out to call it a hoax. The evidence points at a hoax, because the shape of the white blob on the hillside, is very similar to a horizontally mirrored image of the dark doorway, with the bottom of the white shape and the bottom of the doorway being parallel, thus explaining why the bottom of the white blob doesn't sit right on the hillside.

With a lack of the original picture for better analysis, I personally would say it's a half hearted hoax. Because that's what the evidence points at.

There are much better images out there, much harder to explain.

Re: portal tor

spearjig1 said:

Pffftt of you are so keen on seeing the unexplained then why don't you want to see the interdimensional portal I found in my pants?? :(

spearjig1: Please don't take offence at a light ribbing. When I've posted some events personal to myself I have found a certain amount of jibeing is good for the "reality check!" and if anything has set my mind even further one way or another.

The fact you have titled the piece "Ufo Portal Glastonbury ToR" has definitely drawn some of the criticism, whether you put a question mark on the end or not. If a white patch on a photo makes you jump to automatically wild conclusions, do not be surprised if others respond in the same way by disagreeing.

I think in this case we have all agreed at some point that someone with a detailed knowledge of digitial imaging should look at the pick, as well as MCs camera, and see if they can add soemthing to the conundrum.

I truly hope it is a UFO portal, but maybe so much dissapointment has turned me into silly old sceptic!

Maybe it's the stargate where that cross that definitely isn't a plane and those dots that definitely aren't birds come from.

..now, now Dr.
Doesn't appear to be a plane and deffo ain't birds. I was there, you weren't.
(ironically enuff, Bufora said they thought the cross was a bird)

All other critique taken on board tho' folks. And still awaiting a definitive explanation!

spearjig1 said:
..now, now Dr.

All other critique taken on board tho' folks. And still awaiting a definitive explanation!

this is what confuses me, you claim you were there and yet the photo is clearly doctored after the event, so its a crude attempt at a hoax if you ask me.

spearjig1 said:
I know the chap who took the pic..there's no doubt he did as he said and saw what he saw.

spearjig1 said:
..now, now Dr.

If you were there, why didn't you mention that at the start of the thread? Sounds like you're in on the hoax, and now clutching at straws to regain any credibility you can.

It's not even a good fake. Give it up and learn from the experience. At least put some effort in next time.

spearjig1 said:
I was there, you weren't.

Who was there? Was it Malcolm Jenson or was it Callum Jensen?

I'm sorry, but I don't believe you are waiting for a definitive explanation. You're apparently just waiting for people to agree with your outlandish explanation for this photograph.

Dr_Baltar said:
spearjig1 said:
I was there, you weren't.

Who was there? Was it Malcolm Jenson or was it Callum Jensen?

I'm sorry, but I don't believe you are waiting for a definitive explanation. You're apparently just waiting for people to agree with your outlandish explanation for this photograph.

This is the problem with paranormal evidence now, too many people out looking for glory, and far too few looking for the truth. And with the desire for glory, comes corruption, and hoaxes and fakes.

DieDieMyDarling said:
This is the problem with paranormal evidence now, too many people out looking for glory, and far too few looking for the truth. And with the desire for glory, comes corruption, and hoaxes and fakes.

I think that's always been the problem.

Can we at least clear up some unneccesary confusion!
The commentator who, I have to say sarcastically, is referring to my pix... these were taken by myself years prior. Mike C's story and pic is individually his - I wasn't there on Feb 26th 07. We only met each other this August, and I happen to believe his story and pic. Surely, you can at least understand my interest in his story - We both have unlikely pix and a fascination in Glaston Tor.

Glaston Tor

....no diedie...still am awaiting a definite explanation for this pic... they put some serious effort in over at Andy Gough's Arcadia, as some have here.
But..there's is still No definite explanation from serious researchers. wether its a Portal or not, it's got us all beat...a genuine mystery photo that will probably stay as such...Charles Fort, I feel, would be proud.

Re: Glaston Tor

spearjig1 said:
....no diedie...still am awaiting a definite explanation for this pic... they put some serious effort in over at Andy Gough's Arcadia, as some have here.
But..there's is still No definite explanation from serious researchers. wether its a Portal or not, it's got us all beat...a genuine mystery photo that will probably stay as such...Charles Fort, I feel, would be proud.

Basically this is the explanation, it's something white, something mundane and white. Why out of all the white objects in the world would you say it is a UFO portal? Why not a white cows arse? You are far far more likely to see a white cows arse on the Tor than a portal to another dimension. What other pictures of UFO portals do you have? Are they all white and vaguely figure shaped?

Back