• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO shape shifting anomaly?

saker

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Sunday 9th October 2016 15.30
I gazed out of the living room window to the West and saw what I thought was an odd shaped para glider, it was above the rooftops and looked like a large dark round object on top of a small dark round object, I looked away for 2 maybe 3 seconds and when I looked back to see if it was close enough to identify yet I saw 4 equal sized round dark objects hovering where the 'para glider' had been.
As the objects didn't appear to be moving very fast I went outside and looked again, the 4 object silently floated, quite some way off in the distance I raised my phone to video whatever it was I was looking at and nothing was there, I lowered my phone camera and the objects were still there, whatever it was it didn't show up on my photo or video taken on my phone and what was weirder was that I couldn't see it through the camera phone either.
I came into the house to fetch my binoculars but as I gazed out of the window it was gone. Whatever it was it moved slowly I saw no birds close to it but there were some in the sky to give me an idea of height and speed, i don't know if it changed shape or just direction but it just seemed to float and vanish, I just wondered if anyone out there had any similar experiences?

Hi saker, one thing I would say is that the fact that it wasn't visible through the phone isn't unusual. A couple of years ago I tried to film a drone on my mobile, and although it was clearly visible to the naked eye, nothing appeared on the screen while trying to film, or on the video I took.

It's just a limitation of camera phones.

Hi saker, one thing I would say is that the fact that it wasn't visible through the phone isn't unusual. A couple of years ago I tried to film a drone on my mobile, and although it was clearly visible to the naked eye, nothing appeared on the screen while trying to film, or on the video I took.

It's just a limitation of camera phones.
That's interesting it didn't occur to me that the camera wasn't capable of taking the photo if I can find my proper camera I will keep that to hand from now on!
Thanks

It's curious @oldrover should mention drones - you mention the object you originally saw appeared to change shape, and that in its place were four round objects - did these hold position relative to each other, or did they appear to move from one another? Were you able to hear any unusual noise?

I only mentioned drones in the context of that was the object that I tried to film.

That's interesting it didn't occur to me that the camera wasn't capable of taking the photo if I can find my proper camera I will keep that to hand from now on!

No problem, one thing I would say about keeping a camera to hand, is that whenever I do, sod's law dictates I never see anything worth photographing.

post deleted for now, so as not to influence any response from the OP to my original question.

One idea occurred to me...polarised light.
Maybe you saw something (perhaps an extraterrestrial craft, perhaps an experimental military technology) that was attempting to obfuscate its true shape by using polarised light?

Back