• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO-Shaped Disc From Russian Mine

Schwadevivre

Antitheist
submitted with minimal skeptical snark
In one mine, forty meter underground in Kuzbass miner region of Russia the local mine workers have unleashed a few stone discs that are shaped exactly as UFOs you used to see on the photos. Inside there are more photos proving the shape point:

/snip

The thing comes from the open pit mine in Kuzbass, Russia, 40 meters deep. Previously they found lots of prehistoric bones there, like the tusks of mammoths but those weren't deeper than 20m. So this might be twice as older.
From English-Russia a source of well know veracity

Wonder what they are?
My random guess - perhaps they are stone casts made from alluvial deposits in an old river bed. Stones swirling about at the bottom of a river wear away the bedrock in a circular shape. At some point in the future, the river dries up leaving layers of mud that fill the holes. Then, when dug up, the casts separate from the harder bedrock to make these UFO shapes.

Similar but not identical. This is a separate report.
I realise that, but it may be useful to 'compare and contrast'.

Much as anthropologists will 'compare and contrast' newly discovered humanoid skulls.

I'm sorry, but there is no comparison between these stone lenticular objects and the completely imaginary Dropa stones. It's pretty certain that the Dropa stones never existed.

The mystery is actually solved in the messages under the article.

For archival purposes, here are some excerpts from the webpage's comments and additional info ...

Ivan
February 4, 2015 at 3:12 am
Google “Piedra de los Sombreros, El Calafate Argentina”

sombreros-mexicanos-balcones.jpg

Piedra de los Sombreros, El Calafate

So here is the answer to the enigma. It is nature's work and geologists are not 100% sure of what originates the sombreros. They are formed by iron particles. The photographs don't show it very well but the stone is full of small dots, new sombreros in the making.

geologist
February 4, 2015 at 6:02 am
Those are concretions. They are usually round like balls. But they can also have more complex shapes like these.

belzebub
February 4, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Yes – it’s a concretion – geode. Pretty cool find, but it’s really nothing UFO-related or anything supernatural.
They are quite common, see: http://www.google.com/search?q=concretion&tbm=isch

He should split it – there will be some interesting fossil or perhaps some crystals.

Back