• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFOs Around Anchorage (Alaska)

Are you taking the piss, GNC? Because it's coming over pretty trollish.

Not at all! Completely sincere. If you have, for instance, those "floaters" in your eyes (whatever the medical term is), then you'll know how easy it is for the eyes to play tricks.

Not at all! Completely sincere. If you have, for instance, those "floaters" in your eyes (whatever the medical term is), then you'll know how easy it is for the eyes to play tricks.

I have floaters in my eyes, a fuck of a lot of floaters. They don't make me think they're anything but floaters though & neither would you if you had them.

Your other suggestion of a meteor shower doesn't fit in any way his description of the occurrences he's reported.

Sigh. I've had a habit of stargazing my entire life and never seen the 1st thing flying around in the night sky I couldn't identify as a normal aircraft, satellite, or meteor. Also never seen a ghost, a criptid of any kind, pretty much nothing that could be considered paranormal, and I've done my share of psychedelics and weed. Even then when weird stuff happened I was always able to grok that I'm trippin. Maybe the military bases in my neck of the woods just have the normal stuff. Maybe the aliens think I'm too boring. idk. Never the less Fortean stuff kinda fascinates me. Maybe because I wish my life wasn't so normal? idk. Anyway great story, keep us posted.

Are you taking the piss, GNC? Because it's coming over pretty trollish.
Oh, come on. We've got a witness who takes psychedelics who states 'EVERY STAR I SAW IN THE SKY WAS ONE OF THESE CRAFTS. '
That speaks to me. If every star can be percieved as a 'craft' then there may be a perception issue going on here.

I have floaters in my eyes, a fuck of a lot of floaters. They don't make me think they're anything but floaters though & neither would you if you had them.

Your other suggestion of a meteor shower doesn't fit in any way his description of the occurrences he's reported.

Every week I think "Agh a wasp" and it's just a floater at the corner of my eye, so it is possible for misperceptions to be caused by them. Incidentally, if you have a lot of eye floaters it might indicate high blood pressure.

I don't doubt you saw something, but I'm worried maybe you need to get the ol' peepers checked out by an optician. I'm not here to give medical advice, but a checkup wouldn't go amiss, like an MOT, just to be on the safe side.

Lol, surely a question worth asking. But I did have my eyes checked by an optician six months ago, and they said I just need reading glasses for long stints in front of a computer or book. And I did actually wear these glasses the night I saw dozens in the sky, but it really doesn't help see distances. I have a vey mild case of far-sightedness. And yes, as the others have stated here, I have seen these very same craft with several other people with me. And many of my friends have seen these things when they are alone as well.

Also, definitely not a meteor shower, for several reasons. The biggest one (to keep this short) being that I watched "stars" sit in one spot for several minutes only to move to completely different points on the skyline, loop around, and end up back in the same spot they started, being completely motionless once more. and I saw this several times, and I was sober. and they blinked red and blue, so.... if that's a meteor shower, I apparently don't know the first thing about a meteor's appearance. haha.

If it's one person, maybe. If it's more than 10 others as well, the chances of them all having the same condition seems improbable.

If it's the dope, I'd like to try some.

Thanks hunck, you've said a few things here that are pretty much the exact same things I would've said. lol.

Altered boy,

Jung believed it's all in the mind. That really is all you can draw from his writings.

And, of course, his opinion on this subject is no more (or less) valid than anyone else's.

Agreed, until I came across anything more than eyewitness reports, all I can really safely presume is that this is a very Jungian phenomena. Granted, this doesn't mean that something did not happen. And god damn it looks so technological, but ya know "hallucinations" can have an endless depth to them.

I find this part of the narrative quite interesting. Just how strong a session and how strong cannabis are we talking about?

Great questions, for sure.

I have had a pretty legendary tolerance in the past. I used to grow my own cannabis, and from a few years of doing that, I got to a point where a couple bowls of weed were just as mild as a cigarette. haha. not bragging either. these days I probably smoke 10% of what I used to.

but because of my medicinal reasons for using it, I've also studied the negative effects of cannabis a lot more than the average person. I've seen "bad trips" on weed happen to others, and I've had a couple of them when I was much younger. it definitely has nothing to do with that. and to put a cap on that, the last two sightings that I posted about, I was completely sober. Part of the reason I was up so late.... lol.

But I do have a hard time believing that I have "built details around blinking lights I am attracted to." I mean I appreciate your scrutiny but that's almost like a backhanded compliment. And I say without feeling any hostility towards you or from you, just sayin :) i'm honestly just as skeptical as anyone else here. I would've been fine writing off most UFOs as government disinformation to hide their black budgets until now. And I still think 90% of ufology is just that, but after seeing all these things over and over, I have to reassess a little bit.

Have you looked throught the historic newspaper articles? There might be some similar sightings in there..

I have thought about this some, and haven't had a chance to thoroughly investigate it. on account of some other pressing research-related projects I have been wrapping up. but since I am finished with those now, and I keep seeing these things in the sky, I will definitely be scouring old reports very soon. i'll post anything I find to this thread.

I am going to take some time to read about your UFO experience, feinman. i'll get back to you with a lil note on that for fun. Cheers

Oh, come on. We've got a witness who takes psychedelics who states 'EVERY STAR I SAW IN THE SKY WAS ONE OF THESE CRAFTS. '
That speaks to me. If every star can be percieved as a 'craft' then there may be a perception issue going on here.

Hey. How about being a little civil, eh? I haven't taken psychedelics in over three years, and the couple years before that had minimal use. I had my experimentation days but those correlate to one sighting. if you're suggesting that I'm perma-fried then I have nothing to really say to that. Perhaps try being a little more constructive instead of being so presumptuous?

@altered_boy. I'm sorry mate. I held them off for as long as I could.

They've fair questions. Fair dues. What's the craic?

LMAO don't worry, this is all to be expected when you post these things online. I know the game. not afraid to consider different POVs and also not afraid to call out a troll when I see one. I think I've been pretty civil and open minded with these posts so if any of you wanna start getting messy here, let's take it off the forum and hash it out through some real juvenile emails. jesus christ

of course, I say that tongue-in-cheek, but really. there's no need to get catty and call me crazy on this forum of all places. I wouldn't lose any sleep if this was hallucination. but as a sober, rational human being, I must say that even if it was a hallucination, that still doesn't explain how or why. nor does it explain the consistency in my own reports as well as others.

and one of the friends of mine that have seen these things are "straight edge" meaning they don't do any drugs or intoxicants of any kind. so there's a little something else for you all.

Last edited:
As an afterthought, I just wanted to say thank you to some of you on this thread. If not for you, us drugged-out simpletons wouldn't be able to tell our asses from our elbows, and I for one am forever indebted to you. if it wasn't for some of you, i would've never been able to realize that I am completely full of crap, and having pre-schizophrenic hallucinations on a regular basis. Frankly, I feel blessed that some of you frequent this forum, it seems like truly charitable work considering you already have all the answers. i can't believe I finally came into contact with some of God's real gifts to the world :) where's your ring so I can kiss it?

LMAO don't worry, this is all to be expected when you post these things online. I know the game. not afraid to consider different POVs and also not afraid to call out a troll when I see one. I think I've been pretty civil and open minded with these posts so if any of you wanna start getting messy here, let's take it off the forum and hash it out through some real juvenile emails. jesus christ

of course, I say that tongue-in-cheek, but really. there's no need to get catty and call me crazy on this forum of all places. I wouldn't lose any sleep if this was hallucination. but as a sober, rational human being, I must say that even if it was a hallucination, that still doesn't explain how or why. nor does it explain the consistency in my own reports as well as others.

and one of the friends of mine that have seen these things are "straight edge" meaning they don't do any drugs or intoxicants of any kind. so there's a little something else for you all.

You're not crazy. Nor are mood altering drugs the issue.

I've seen everything you talked about and more. You can't live to my age as a curious on-looker and not have seen these things. Some people say that we see these things because we are just that "seer's"...

Definition of seer

1 : one that sees

2a : one that predicts events or developments

b : a person credited with extraordinary moral and spiritual insight

3 : one that practices divination especially by concentrating on a glass or crystal globe

I honestly would not put myself in any of the categories listed in the definition. I am simply someone who likes to observe my surroundings. I literally, " stop and smell the roses" everyday. I try to share what I observe, answer as much as I can then let it go. I have done all I can to share these unusual events with others. They can believe it or not. It's not my job to save the world or convince others of what has happened to me.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I choose to believe you. :)

Hey. How about being a little civil, eh? I haven't taken psychedelics in over three years, and the couple years before that had minimal use. I had my experimentation days but those correlate to one sighting. if you're suggesting that I'm perma-fried then I have nothing to really say to that. Perhaps try being a little more constructive instead of being so presumptuous?
Hey, it's been forty years since I had any. But I know what they are like.
Let's analyse your statement.
"EVERY STAR I SAW IN THE SKY WAS ONE OF THESE CRAFTS ."
Does this mean you stars, and they changed into 'crafts'?
Or did you see both stars and star-like objects, and some of the star-like objects behaved like stars, while others behaved like 'crafts?'
Or did you see no stars at all, and just 'crafts', which behaved unlike stars?
If the latter, then did these 'crafts' resemble stars very strongly, and only acted like crafts because they were constantly changing their position? If so, do you know why you did not observe any normal stars to compare them to?

As an afterthought, I just wanted to say thank you to some of you on this thread. If not for you, us drugged-out simpletons wouldn't be able to tell our asses from our elbows, and I for one am forever indebted to you. if it wasn't for some of you, i would've never been able to realize that I am completely full of crap, and having pre-schizophrenic hallucinations on a regular basis. Frankly, I feel blessed that some of you frequent this forum, it seems like truly charitable work considering you already have all the answers. i can't believe I finally came into contact with some of God's real gifts to the world :) where's your ring so I can kiss it?

I was going to say I was glad you were taking the usual FMB inquisition with good humour, and then you post this! I was just worried about you, that's all!

OK, OK ... Let's set aside the recreational pharmacopeia and ophthalmology stuff for now and get back to the reported sightings.

First and foremost ... Altered Boy - can you give a more specific description of your geographical location in / around the Anchorage area?

I don't want your exact address - I just want to know where in the Anchorage area you are when these sightings occur. If you live in a suburb or nearby town / village - please specify which one.

In particular, I'd like more clarity on the directions involved with respect to 3 relevant landmarks / places ...

(1) You repeatedly mention the sightings in association with the Chugach Mountains. From central Anchorage the Chugach range extends across the horizon eastward from roughly SSW (nearly due south) to NE. Can you be more specific about the direction(s) in which you see (e.g.) the sighted object(s) disappear over the Chugach Mountains?

NOTE: I don't recall your ever mentioning seeing an object appear from over the Chugach Mountains. If they also first appear over the mountains, please specify from which direction(s) they appear (relative to your vantage point).

(2) From your usual vantage point in these sightings (your home, as I understand it), which direction is Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (on the southeast side of town)?

(3) From your usual vantage point in these sightings, which direction is Elmendorf AFB (the largest component of Joint Base Elmendorf / Richardson)?

I was going to say I was glad you were taking the usual FMB inquisition with good humour, and then you post this! I was just worried about you, that's all!

Candidly, I was not upset. I just wanted to dish out a little good "fun" myself. I didn't think much about who the recipients were, the goal was just to clarify that I'm not impressed with accusations of drug abuse. I didn't find it constructive or humorous, and while I think inquiries of all kinds are useful, accusations are not what this forum is about. BUT that being said, I have no beef with anyone on this forum/thread, and especially none with you, GNC. I found your line of questions to be quite reasonable.

OK, OK ... Let's set aside the recreational pharmacopeia and ophthalmology stuff for now and get back to the reported sightings.

First and foremost ... Altered Boy - can you give a more specific description of your geographical location in / around the Anchorage area?

Thank you for stepping in... this was starting to get de-railed a bit. You've asked some wonderful questions! I have to go about my day for now, but I'll come back and answer them all thoroughly in my next post.

Cheers

Last edited:
@EnolaGaia I will be answering your questions as soon as I have some time to sit down uninterrupted. But I just wanted to say that not ten minutes ago my roommate and I watched two more craft fly over us. Same look as usual, silent, and flying very low, towards the Chugach Mountain range. one after the other. and we were sober aside from the American Spirit cigarette we shared.

not pranking anyone, not forcing any particular explanations. just reporting what I see.

Candidly, I was not upset. I just wanted to dish out a little good "fun" myself. I didn't think much about who the recipients were, the goal was just to clarify that I'm not impressed with accusations of drug abuse. I didn't find it constructive or humorous, and while I think inquiries of all kinds are useful, accusations are not what this forum is about. BUT that being said, I have no beef with anyone on this forum/thread, and especially none with you, GNC. I found your line of questions to be quite reasonable.

OK, I'm relieved! It's just that I know from personal experience how, well, personal experience can play tricks, sometimes quite seriously.

Looking forward to your replies to @EnolaGaia ...

I live here in Alaska, just outside of Anchorage and more importantly, just outside of the Fort Richardson air force base.

One time, i caught a belly view of the classic triangular UFO. It was absolutely silent, and flew just above the trees, right over the rooftops of my neighborhood.

Screen-Hunter-282-Sep-04-09-58.jpg

Images have emerged supposedly showing a black project government spy plane in the skies over Portland in Oregon, US.

The images – apparently in the skies near the Portland Air National Guard Base (PANG) – show a mysterious triangular object in startling clarity.

Two lights can be seen at the end of either wing.

TR-3-B-spy-plane-UFO-Alaska-triangular-triangle.jpg

YouTube conspiracy theorists Blake and Brett Cousins – of thirdphaseofmoon – were sent the photos and uploaded them in a clip on September 1.

They said they had received “multiple accounts from people who have seen this”.

One witness told the channel the craft “didn’t make a sound” as it flew in the skies.

The craft – they claimed – was heading towards the Columbia river.

In the clip, Blake likened the sighting to the alleged TR-3B aircraft.

“People are saying they saw something strange in the skies,” he said.

“Is this the infamous TR-3B ready to make a grand entrance to the public?”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/multiple-sightings-secret-military-craft-19336512

maximus otter

@EnolaGaia I will be answering your questions as soon as I have some time to sit down uninterrupted. But I just wanted to say that not ten minutes ago my roommate and I watched two more craft fly over us. Same look as usual, silent, and flying very low, towards the Chugach Mountain range. one after the other. and we were sober aside from the American Spirit cigarette we shared.

not pranking anyone, not forcing any particular explanations. just reporting what I see.

Seems to ring a bell?

Screen-Hunter-282-Sep-04-09-58.jpg

Images have emerged supposedly showing a black project government spy plane in the skies over Portland in Oregon, US.

The images – apparently in the skies near the Portland Air National Guard Base (PANG) – show a mysterious triangular object in startling clarity.

Two lights can be seen at the end of either wing.

TR-3-B-spy-plane-UFO-Alaska-triangular-triangle.jpg

YouTube conspiracy theorists Blake and Brett Cousins – of thirdphaseofmoon – were sent the photos and uploaded them in a clip on September 1.

They said they had received “multiple accounts from people who have seen this”.

One witness told the channel the craft “didn’t make a sound” as it flew in the skies.

The craft – they claimed – was heading towards the Columbia river.

In the clip, Blake likened the sighting to the alleged TR-3B aircraft.

“People are saying they saw something strange in the skies,” he said.

“Is this the infamous TR-3B ready to make a grand entrance to the public?”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/multiple-sightings-secret-military-craft-19336512

maximus otter

Looking at the video - all I see and note, are three variable independent lights... three lights in a dark sky would always seem to form a triangular shape I' thinking... not a singular 'solid' object as such.

Back