• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFOs: Dis-Information

^ It does seem like no one mentions sightings these days. In the past they were in the papers from time to time or on the news but I haven't read or heard of any in years . No one I know mentions them anymore locally either.
Maybe all the space aliens have gone home.
:)

Can't blame them if they did.

I have noticed the same.

Yet MUFON keep churning out these sighting report figures. About 600 per month for America.

Makes one wonder how they come to these figures.

INT21.

^Well no one I know , family or friends, ever mentions ufos to me...so one wonders who these people are that are filing all of these ufo reports.

Swamprat on Casebook posts the listings every month. I add them to a spreadsheet. And they do seem suspiciously similar. It was the UK figure that drew my attention. 40 to 60 every month. And I never hear of any.

It would be nice if there was someone on here who was a member of MUFON and could help clarify these figure. Maybe point to the cases.

Can anyone else explain this odd discrepancy ?

I have had 3 very different sightings of UFO's (over the years) but none left me in any doubt that I was seeing something very strange indeed (I don't talk about them in detail so I can avoid being annoyed by the weather balloon, swamp gas, Chinese lantern, drone brigade). I didn't want to report any of them and I know many others don't either, so official figures are probably the tip of the iceberg.

It's a very interesting subject, one part of which is the complex web of intrigue which UFO experts and Governments weave. Governments release dis-information to give themselves a reassurance of control (which they don't have). It's also like putting dye in a stream, it can lead them to people who might know more than they do.

For many a deep rooted fear of the unknown apparently draws them to make fun of the subject. Even the most interesting documentaries seen to have to have to include the crazier end of the spectrum, to devalue the subject through laughter (tin foil hats anyone?).

One thing I am very sure about it is that Disclosure will not happen as no Government or Agency knows the full picture. Even the 'truth' is spread out over time, through different agents, agencies, committees, security bodies, administrations and organizations - nobody will ever be able to unravel and share that.

The earth is teeming with life and so is the Universe - I don't think we need a Government spokesperson to tell us that. Nor that other civilizations exist that are far more advanced morally and scientifically than us.

Pressing 'Reply' on your last post has had no effect.

But I was more or less with you until the last paragraph.

Perhaps you can supply evidence of these two statements ?

Pressing 'Reply' on your last post has had no effect. ...

Do you mean it isn't activating the post text box and pre-populating it with the text of the post to which you're replying?
I checked Fahrenheit 451's last post (before yours), and the 'Reply' button works as expected for me.

I am sure on the matter of 'evidence' both of us will enjoy that in the fullness of time.

No need - your not judge or jury on that one

Not very informative , really.

But if it's the best you can do ......

Do you mean it isn't activating the post text box and pre-populating it with the text of the post to which you're replying?
I checked Fahrenheit 451's last post (before yours), and the 'Reply' button works as expected for me.

Clicking this option locked up the site. I had to crash out via the on/off button; never a good move.

Seems like my laptop was throwing a wobbler. it's ok now.

I am experiencing problems due to the LAN line socket getting a bit worn. I need to get the socket replaced.

INT21.

Seems like my laptop was throwing a wobbler. it's ok now.

I am experiencing problems due to the LAN line socket getting a bit worn. I need to get the socket replaced.

INT21.
Wi-fi?

No, hard wire.

The LAN plug/socket has been getting a bit 'loose' for a while. I suspect that my trying to get the 'Reply' co-incided with an bad connection. Poor old machine got confused.

I am sure on the matter of 'evidence' both of us will enjoy that in the fullness of time.
I'm still a hard core ufologist, wrote many an article for, 'UFO Magazine'.

'Triangular UFOs' were always my forte - documented many cases, where I was able to interview, via e-mail, the witnesses and obtain illustrations.

Just came across this the other day, what do we make of it?

No, hard wire.

The LAN plug/socket has been getting a bit 'loose' for a while. I suspect that my trying to get the 'Reply' co-incided with an bad connection. Poor old machine got confused.
No, I'm suggesting the use of wi-fi.

You misunderstand. I see no link at all. I do know it is my browser that is causing this.
lll.jpg

Sorry, I see what you mean.

I prefer to use hard wire connection to the web. Never been happy with wifi.
With a good router and the right kind of connection on the laptop, wi-fi is actually pretty good.
Wired connection is probably more secure, though.

The fact that I can sit in my greenhouse and connect my tablet to my next door neighbors WiFi is enough to make me a bit wary.

The fact that I can sit in my greenhouse and connect my tablet to my next door neighbors WiFi is enough to make me a bit wary.
I'm using BT WiFi - no router - essentially, it seems that a condition of taking on a BT contract is that it permits sharing a local BT WiFi connection and that's how BT WiFi operates.

Someone nearby has a BT router and thus my WiFi connection (took quite a while to understand this, via help from the BT users forum).

Virgin has a 'hub' concept that enables any other Virgin user to connect via your WiFi, if you agree to it.

My concern is that there are very many clever kiddies out there that (eventually) break these systems.

Watched an interesting TED Talk on the TOR 'dark web'. One way to use that stack of Bitcoin left to you by an ageing aunt.

https://.com/watch?v=pzN4WGPC4kc

Add '.www.you tube after the two slashes

Last edited:
Regarding the TR3B Triangle - these have appeared everywhere - I read about them - saw them on YouTube clips - even had a friend take a photo of one while walking his dog alongside the River Humber.

They were probably responsible for the Belgian wave of sightings many years ago - which implies they were known to NATO (despite denials).

This is a YouTube clip from 2011 of one over Paris:

My own theory is that the shape and design originated with Alien technology. It might well be copied by current UFO's finding a contemporary veil. The 50's saucer model being so passe.

Maybe the Russian's even have their own model (remember Concordeski!).

Regarding the TR3B Triangle - these have appeared everywhere - I read about them - saw them on YouTube clips - even had a friend take a photo of one while walking his dog alongside the River Humber.

They were probably responsible for the Belgian wave of sightings many years ago - which implies they were known to NATO (despite denials).

This is a YouTube clip from 2011 of one over Paris:

My own theory is that the shape and design originated with Alien technology...
OK... then... and cheers for the feedback!

Firstly, where did any such, 'alien technology' come from?

Secondly, if you browse any forums for military aviation enthusiasts, they will call this, 'Top Secret' US aircraft as absolute bullshi....

I concur, even the Stealth aircraft had a well established genesis and were no surprise.

So, where does that leave us?

That Paris video...

If a hoax, then so be it...

If genuine, though...?

Back