• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFOs In The Sky (IHTM)

So telling anyone that I had seen UFO’s over Plymouth is out of the question, such are the none believers, I still have that phone.
OK then.

With the greatest of respect, how are the two statements related? I still have a big, clunky old mobile in a drawer upstairs, but I've never used it as supplementary evidence of my own UFO sighting from around the same time.

Last edited:
Well' ...With the greatest of respect......I never said...
"I still have a big, clunky old mobile in a drawer upstairs, but I've never used it"..
however, It was part of conversation and conveying an incident of none believers over a very small insignificant fact, as an example of a person who cannot believe that I had a mobile phone that was real, so how on Earth would they ever believe I had seen a UFO?
would you like me to remove it?

About two years ago the “ father of the Israeli space program “ Haim Eshed “ claimed that people from different earth governments were working with aliens in underground bases on Mars.

This is not so different from Eisenhower’s great-granddaughter, Laura Eisenhower, who made similar claims.

The news media dismissed Laura as crazy, and Israel claims Haim suffers from fanciful delusions and an embarrassment.

So, the point is what’s in our skies may not be all drones but real UFOs.

No one has proved that UFOs are not real.

No, you didn't. I did.

That's my point, the two are unrelated.

No, but I think it does demonstrate that there are shades of belief.
Then why did you do that? Why misquote me?
The two are related, both subjects were of disbelief.
No, they either believed or they didn't believe, you cannot be a little bit pregnant!

Why misquote me?
Stu neither quoted or mis-quoted you. He made a separate statement drawing a parallel to indicate that the two things ("owning an old mobile phone" and "seeing a UFO") are not dependant on each other, despite both sharing the lack of 'belief' in their existence.

Plymouth and the Devonport area are well-populated area with major arterial route passing through, ferries and other shipping, people engaged in sea fishing from the shore at all times of the day and night etc. So, have you ever searched the local media to see if anyone else reported anything?
Just as an update to where I lived/live, I moved from Tregantle to Torpoint and now live in Plymouth, no I have not research, this is the first time I have attempted to make contact with like minded believers, so I will see how it goes.

Then why did you do that? Why misquote me?
As Trev kindly pointed out, I didn't misquote you.
No, they either believed or they didn't believe, you cannot be a little bit pregnant!
The point being its not a binary issue. It's quite possible for people to believe one thing, accept another but disagree about a third.

Pregnancy in relation to belief is probably best served on the Nativity thread.

Stu neither quoted or mis-quoted you. He made a separate statement drawing a parallel to indicate that the two things ("owning an old mobile phone" and "seeing a UFO") are not dependant on each other, despite both sharing the lack of 'belief' in their existence.
scroll back to #33 his mis-quote was " I still have a big, clunky old mobile in a drawer upstairs, but I've never used it"

As Trev kindly pointed out, I didn't misquote you.

The point being its not a binary issue. It's quite possible for people to believe one thing, accept another but disagree about a third.

Pregnancy in relation to belief is probably best served on the Nativity thread.
You are quite predictable. I have no interest in this gibberish. I will remove the post, will that make you happy?

You are quite predictable. I have no interest in this gibberish. I will remove the post, will that make you happy?
If I wanted it removed, I'd do so myself. As for gibberish, as you put it, I'm merely trying to understand the parallels you yourself keep drawing.

However, being called predictable is a novelty for me, so thank you for that :cool:.

I am only interested in Ufology, I am not interested in petty squabbling and gibberish, I don’t have the time or the inclination for it.

Regards

I have taken a screen shot of Google Earth where I was sitting in my car to the left of the black bin looking in the direction of Plymouth and the Naval base with my girlfriend on the night in question, 1982. ...

Thanks for the photo - it helps a lot in setting the scene.

If it was around the time the Falklands War situation started (and the aircraft carrier Invincible departed) that would be circa 1 - 5 April, 1982.

I've checked the sky charts for that period. There was a lot of stuff on display in the sky at the time. When facing east (or maybe a bit more like ESE) from 9:00 p.m. onward there were a number of bright objects visible in your line of sight.

The moon was waxing gibbous (becoming full on the 8th). There was the triangularly-arranged trio of 1st magnitude stars Regulus, Spica, and Arcturus. Mars, Saturn and Jupiter were low on the horizon as of 2100 and rose thereafter.

Here's a representative excerpt for April 3rd @ 2100 UTC.

StarChart-820403-2100UTC.jpg

Last edited:
scroll back to #33 his mis-quote was " I still have a big, clunky old mobile in a drawer upstairs, but I've never used it"
I believe you mean post number 32, (the preceding one from Stu), in which he is NOT quoting you. That is a standalone post of his own which makes a similar comparison.
You can keep saying that he is quoting you, it doesn't make it true. In the same way that I can call my coffee table an aeroplane, it doesn't mean it can fly.

Frankly I find your combative way of posting that sort of nonsense (that you are being 'mis-quoted') unhelpful to your line of discussion.
You say;
I am not interested in petty squabbling and gibberish, I don’t have the time or the inclination for it.
(by the way ^^^^ that IS a quote)

.....but the "petty squabbling and gibberish" of which you speak is evidently mostly of your own creation.

In relation to your sighting that you started off with, what do you think it was that you saw?

Back