• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFOs Observed From Mars' Surface

The 'Rod' looks similar to the type we see on this planet. God only knows what they are. I didn't think too much about the bunny until Nasa crushed it.:mad:

If you think about how people who have seen UFO's/aliens things on the moon/mars have been ridiculed over the years then it makes sense that the governments of the world are now too scared to admit there might be anything. and not just because our imaginations will run wild.

Can you imagine that you've known all these things, lost your job, your wife and kids, lost all your friends and aquaintences, been ridiculed in the press and by the military/government...what would you do if you found out that they had deliberately discredited data, witnesses, contactees, photos, and you???

It'd be a blood-bath! I reckon if there is anything up there then our heads of government will be the first under the duvets wimpering for their mummy's.

Isn't the usual debunk of rods that they are insects?

Only joking!

Sounds plausible. Given that the shot appears to be taken near darkness (at least that's what it seems to be given the apparent darkness of the ground) it may well be a long(ish) exposure.

Keyser Soze said:
Any thoughts on what it might be?

Alternatively, it could be a time exposure of Phobos or Deimos. They are tiny and won't appear as much more than bright stars, and move very rapidly compared with our moon.

Timble said:
Alternatively, it could be a time exposure of Phobos or Deimos. They are tiny and won't appear as much more than bright stars, and move very rapidly compared with our moon.
That also occured to me. I didn't know the relative size of those little moons though.

There was a nice picture, apparently of the Earth from Mars (it looked looked like a bright star), on one of the NASA sites, recently.

From the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3520636.stm

UFO streaks through Martian sky

The US Spirit rover on Mars has seen a UFO streak across the Red Planet sky.

Astronomers say it could be the first meteor seen from the surface of another world, or a redundant orbiting spacecraft sent to Mars 30 years ago.

"We may never know, but we are still looking for clues," said Dr Mark Lemmon, from Texas A&M University.

Whatever it was, Spirit was lucky to catch sight of the UFO as the rover's main mission is to look downwards to study rocks and soil on the planet.

Unidentified Object

Only occasionally does it raise its sights towards the sky to study the atmosphere of Mars.

But it was on just such an occasion when Spirit was observing the sky with the green filter of its panoramic camera that the roving geologist came across the surprise - a streak across the peach-coloured Martian heavens.

Mission controllers say the streak was probably the brightest object in the sky at the time.

If the UFO was not a shooting a star then it could have been one of seven out-of-commission spacecraft that still orbit Mars.

From the object's motion, scientists do not think it was the Russian probes Mars 2, Mars 3, Mars 5, or Phobos 2; or the American probes Mariner 9 or Viking 1.

That leaves Viking 2, which has a polar orbit that would fit with the north-south orientation of the streak.

In addition, only Viking 1 and 2 are in orbits that could produce the type of motion as fast as that seen by Spirit

I usually watch a few UFO vids every day on Youtube and I found this one as part of a 10 minute compilation.

Mars Curiosity UFO

August 2012 Compilation (Mars UFO at 1:30)

Most of the compilation is ho-hum but a few are interesting - especially I think the Mars one.

Back