• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFOs & Related Subjects: An Annotated Bibliography

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
I wondered if this might be of interest and can't see any previous mention within the forums.

Posted as a new thread because it encapsulates both historical UFO related archives and our Fortean connection.

Should it require to be relocated, apologies for same being necessary.

UFOs and Related Subjects: An Annotated Bibliography,
Lynn E. Catoe, Prepared by the Library of Congress, July 1969

Screenshot_20210707-193026.jpg

Screenshot_20210707-193107~2.jpg

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...WMAN6BAgBEAI&usg=AOvVaw1JGCLzAgNnUkYwGHuTMO9R

Page 1 of 2

From the document's "Foreward":

"This literature survey waa requested by AFOSR to assist a scientific research project at the University of Colorado under the Direction of Dr. Edward U. Condon on unidentified flying objects.

(...)

The material she developed will assist those seeking to understand not only these and related phenomena but also their various implications for a whole range of inquiry".

So that's why we have a section dedicated to "Fortean Phenomena"?

Addressing, "The books of Charles Fort", the inventory summarises:

"It is stated that since these events fall within the provenance of no known science, they have never been properly investigated".

Personally, never realised there was such an association to a scientific study and I'm sure Fort would have have felt delightfully vindicated!

I wondered how much of this cited Fortean literature might now be available online.

Starting at the beginning, I found 'The Inexplicable Sky' (1956), by Arthur Constance on the 'Internet Archive' at:

https://archive.org/

You can read online, although seemingly not download (could take screenshots!) and I have experienced no issues with the site so far.

It's a fascinating book and one I was previously oblivious to.

Mr Fort's preceding endeavours are duly acknowledged therein. :)

Back