• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFOs: Seen One? Personal UFO Sightings (IHTM; Miscellaneous)

Class 37s. My favourite diesels. :) You can hear them from here and the railway line is half a mile away.

I have seen a silver sphere. They are quite a common type of UFO. It was a few years ago. It just hung in the sky.

I suppose mine could have been a helium balloon but you get a lot of them in Mexico where the air is too thin for helium to float.

I also saw a red ball above a helicopter once, about three 'copter widths above the props, keeping pace as if it were tied on with a very rigid length of rope! i have often wondereed what it was.

Air too thin for weather balloons?

http://www.novalynx.com/400-balloons.html

If you look at the tables at the bottom of the page you'll see the bursting altitude for the the various 'weights'

These range from 7km - 28km (4.3ml -17.4ml). So it could still be a weather balloon that you saw.

Caroline said:
Air too thin for weather balloons?

http://www.novalynx.com/400-balloons.html

If you look at the tables at the bottom of the page you'll see the bursting altitude for the the various 'weights'

These range from 7km - 28km (4.3ml -17.4ml). So it could still be a weather balloon that you saw.

Oops, should, have mentioned that my silver sphere sighting was in the South of England I gave the impression it was in Mexico (I wish!) so it could indeed have been a balloon.

So maybe a HYDROGEN balloon can float in Mexico then? Should look into this. I have found a few "facts" recently from the UFO press that have fallen away when I look at them more closely. Bit disappointing really...:(

This afternoon around 2pm, on a clear and sunny afternoon, my friend spotted something high in the sky travelling faster and higher than a plane. She noticed it because it was reflecting the sunlight. When I looked for it I couldn't see anything, and she soon lost sight of it as the roof of a house blocked her view. A few minutes later I saw another small 'object' reflecting sunlight around the same area travelling roughly SE to NW, very high in the sky and again very fast.

Are these satellites? Can they be seen in daylight? I've never seen one at night because London is too bright to see anything but the brightest of stars.

Second point, my friend then mentioned the above sighting to her sister who told us that in the last month when in the mountains in Austria, she saw triangle shaped aircraft flying very high and very fast but without a sonic boom. I remembered 'Arora' but I believe there is a name for an even newer plane. Any ideas?

It IS possible to see satelites in daytime as irridium flares Lutzman. Check out Heavens Above

http://www.heavens-above.com/

if you are interested. If you register it will give you times and positions of flares you can see from your area. I haven't tried this yet so I can't tell if this fits your friends description. If is is like seeing them at night then it should get brighter then fade away though.

Here is a picture and info on Aurora

http://www.area51zone.com/aircraft/aurora.shtml

Another supposed "black project" triangle aircraft, thought to be more likely then aurora is the Manta Ray or Black Manta

http://www.area51zone.com/aircraft/blackmanta.shtml

Thanks very much, old chapee! Just the info I was looking for.:)

I don't think lutzman saw an Iridium flare, Min Bannister, since Iridium flares do not move, I have seen them myself. Also about the Aurora and the Manta project. The first thing is, these projects use advanced ramjets and other jet technology and are bound by aerodynamics, unlike real UFOs which use teleportation and antigravity. The US black triangle type planes are very advanced and interesting but they obey known laws of physics unlike the UFOs. Another set of objects often confused with real black triangle UFOs are the NOSS triplet satellites. I have seen the triplet myself and it is very UFOlike, but it can be distinguised from a 'real' UFO because you can see the stars in between the lights and also the NOSS triplet is not always a perfect triangle.
Sometimes the International Space Station because of its brightness is confused with a UFO, so maybe lutzman saw the ISS during the day? Anyway none of our man made technology can do high speed 90 degree turns or disappear and reappear somewhere else, neither do we have any technology to keep aloft football pitch sized objects, silently.

I know it might be hard for your little mind to imagine that elsewhere in the universe there might be people more advanced than ourselves who able to come visit us, but you should read more UFO reports especially those reports by people who are even more qualified than yourself.

acetone said:
I don't think lutzman saw an Iridium flare, Min Bannister, since Iridium flares do not move, I have seen them myself.

Oh is that so? From here:-

The flares only last for a few (10 to 30) seconds, and the maximum intensity period is even shorter. They are point sources of light and move slowly but perceptibly across the sky. The brightest flares can reach magnitude -8, which is about 50 times brighter than Venus (Mag. -4), the brightest star-like object in the sky. The flare rises gradually in intensity to its maximum, then fades until it is no longer visible to the naked eye (the satellites themselves are only magnitude +6 under normal lighting conditions, and so can only be seen with the aid of binoculars). Although the flare is not as intense as the full Moon (Mag. -12), they can often seem to outshine it because they are point, rather than extended sources.

Acetone: as there have been no confirmed investigations of any downed UFOs, any conjecture as to their propulsion systems is merely that, conjecture. It may be that the ETH accounts for some UFOs but there are other theories.

acetone said:
I know it might be hard for your little mind to imagine that elsewhere in the universe there might be people more advanced than ourselves who able to come visit us, but you should read more UFO reports especially those reports by people who are even more qualified than yourself.
This is true, but never the less you can't just make an uneducated assumption as to what they use for propulsion. I could just as easy say they use airscrews to get around and you couldn't prove me wrong. in the 1800s UFOs seemed to have a lot of airscrews on them...

quite a while ago myself and wor lass decided to phototgraph a commet,cannot remember its name think it was hale/bopp,we planed to do a 5 then 10 min exposure we traveld to the yorkshire moors to escape the orange glow of civilisation
it was a clear sky but for one cloud which,for some unknown reason,was flashing like it should have been in a thunder storm but got lost ?
later that night the whole sky started flashing?
natural ?
any one..............................................................

acetone said:

Well, I'll ignore your unwarrented flaming and simply say that claims such as yours about the supposed means of UFO propulsion need to be backed up by evidence. I'm well versed in the history of ufology, and the claims made by UFO occupants about the way their craft are powered are many and varied. Which would you say are correct?

Tin Finger said:
quite a while ago myself and wor lass decided to phototgraph a commet,cannot remember its name think it was hale/bopp,we planed to do a 5 then 10 min exposure we traveld to the yorkshire moors to escape the orange glow of civilisation
it was a clear sky but for one cloud which,for some unknown reason,was flashing like it should have been in a thunder storm but got lost ?
later that night the whole sky started flashing?
natural ?
any one..............................................................

You can get summer lightening without clouds (still don't know what it is exactly but it occurs out here in the styx) Once was in a car coming back over the levels in the dark and there was bright blue flashing (no not the police :D) in the sky but no clouds. It was odd because it was double flashes, not random.

acetone said:

What makes someone 'qualified' to give info on UFO propulsion? THe only man I've ever heard to try to explain it was Lazar, and he's been pretty much shot down as a fake.

I don't think you understand what I said. All I mentioned was nature of the effects that the Alien technologies have and which I have seen myself.
As for Iridium flares moving, I am afraid you have been misinformed. You can easily photograph the Iridium satellites with a manual camera and a 135mm ish lens. Point to the area of sky where the Iridum satellites are, and leave the shutter open for about 5 minutes. The Iridium satellites are the obvious pinpoints of light between the star trails. You will also see other geostationary satellites.

Well, it's not a given that UFOs are in fact alien craft, so please explain what you mean further.

If they are not Alien craft, please could you tell me where these wondrous machines are built and in which Universities are contained the knowledge to raise aircraft carrier sized objects in silence and to make them disappear. I don't expect to change your mind. If you have never seen a UFO then to be agnostic about their nature is perfectly reasonable, but many thousands of people like me who have seen them and who were once sitting on the fence, now believe.
If you want me to prove that UFOs are Alien in the space of one BB post then that is not possible. Do a search on google for UFO, you should find a couple of thousand testimonies from Presidents to plumbers. If you choose to disbelieve all of them, then you should give me your alternative explanations, since I have given you mine.

acetone said:
As for Iridium flares moving, I am afraid you have been misinformed.
Well, Iridium satellites have an orbital period of 100 minutes- this means that they do move.

66 operational plus 6 in-orbit backup satellites are located in 6 orbital planes with the inclination of 86.4 degrees. Orbital period 100 minutes, 28 seconds.

Actually, some geostationary satellites are visible when flaring at night; it seems they are generally about mag +11 to +13, but some, particularly the Superbird A, can flare to mag +2 (as you may well know, this is not very bright, but respectable).
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/hattonjasonp/hasohp/TECH.HTML
So if you have seen these fleeting objects at 33,000 km distant, well done.

You can easily photograph the Iridium satellites with a manual camera and a 135mm ish lens. Point to the area of sky where the Iridum satellites are, and leave the shutter open for about 5 minutes. The Iridium satellites are the obvious pinpoints of light between the star trails. You will also see other geostationary satellites.

Obviously you have some observational skills, although perhaps you should check some of your facts first;
It is good to encounter a dedicated hands on sky watcher.

as regards the propulsion methods of UFO's this is all speculation so you can only make suggestions; as it happens I have many suggestions for exotic space drives up my sleeve, but I won't bore you with them right now.

acetone said:
If they are not Alien craft, please could you tell me where these wondrous machines are built and in which Universities are contained the knowledge to raise aircraft carrier sized objects in silence and to make them disappear. I don't expect to change your mind. If you have never seen a UFO then to be agnostic about their nature is perfectly reasonable, but many thousands of people like me who have seen them and who were once sitting on the fence, now believe.
If you want me to prove that UFOs are Alien in the space of one BB post then that is not possible. Do a search on google for UFO, you should find a couple of thousand testimonies from Presidents to plumbers. If you choose to disbelieve all of them, then you should give me your alternative explanations, since I have given you mine.

Well, I don't assume that UFOs are structured craft, and thus don't assume that there are terrestrial or extraterrestrial sources for their manufacture. For the record, I myself have had one experience of seeing a UFO (when I was eight, and I was not the only witness), which in turn spurred my lifelong interest in the subject. So, if I didn't feel clued-in enough to comment on such matters, I wouldn't do so.

However, you have raised the point that UFOs used 'teleportation and antigravity' as if it was a fact, but without any evidence to back up such a sweeping statement. So, in fact, I'm still waiting to hear your arguement to back this up.

acetone said:
If they are not Alien craft ....

.....then you should give me your alternative explanations, since I have given you mine.

1) Misinterpreted natural phenomena, or very rare phenomena such as ball lighting, or even controversial phenomena such as Earthlights

2) Misinterpreted man-made vehicles (the most recent issue of UFO magazine explains how igniting the the afterburners on the'Blackbird' spy planes could appear as a green light performing apparently impossible aerobatics)

3) If they are solid craft why should the occupants be aliens? Time travellers, people from parallel universes, entities that have shared the planet with use for centuries and that we've interpreted according to the prevailing culture. The similarities between the fairies and UFO have been extensively discussed on this board and in other places. e.g. Jaque Vallee's 'Passport to Magonia', John Michell's 'Flying Saucer Vision' etc

4) Temporal anomalities that give us glimpses of technology from centuries in the future.

5) Actual warps tears or gates in the fabic of space-time that we see as objects only because our brains won't interpret the reality.

6) Visionary experiences due to the action of anomalous electrical or magnetic fields on the brain.

7) A completely psychological phenomenom.

8) All of the above. or any combination thereof, or none.

There's no need to evoke nuts and bolts craft and ETs as the only explanation.

Do a search on google for UFO, you should find a couple of thousand testimonies from Presidents to plumbers.

Spurious argument, a plumber knows more about plumbing than a non-plumber, a president knows more about politics than a non politician (we hope). When it comes to UFOs they know no more or no less than anyone else.

acetone said:
I don't think you understand what I said. All I mentioned was nature of the effects that the Alien technologies have and which I have seen myself.

Well, there is a world of difference between the nature of effects and the cause. Magicians have been 'teleporting' and 'levitating' objects for thousands of years. Just because UFOs seem to do these things, does not mean that is actually what is going on.

I don't mean to sound opposing or anything, just stating my opinion :)

two sightings ..

two sightings that come to mind and one of them of "high strangeness" first one in fall church Virginia of a triangle craft zipping across the night sky of unbelievable speed from north to south. the other in the "Angeles National forest at 11:15 at night while heading to a camp site , a string of colored lights out of the corner of my eye on my friends drivers side- going behind a hill in the high mountains., and me yelling "hey Steve!! stop the car!! ..and us turning around going to the spot and getting out at this lonely location and looking up at the sky and seeing a giant (about 200 feet in the air) cloud shaped "alien head" floating in the night sky!!!--Standing there with my mouth hanging open and Steve running back to the car yelling "Lets get going!!" we heard noises in the area around us all night at the Isolated camp site that night..and ended up sleeping in the car !!

Re: two sightings ..

ruffready said:
two sightings that come to mind and one of them of "high strangeness" first one in fall church Virginia of a triangle craft zipping across the night sky of unbelievable speed from north to south. the other in the "Angeles National forest at 11:15 at night while heading to a camp site , a string of colored lights out of the corner of my eye on my friends drivers side- going behind a hill in the high mountains., and me yelling "hey Steve!! stop the car!! ..and us turning around going to the spot and getting out at this lonely location and looking up at the sky and seeing a giant (about 200 feet in the air) cloud shaped "alien head" floating in the night sky!!!--Standing there with my mouth hanging open and Steve running back to the car yelling "Lets get going!!" we heard noises in the area around us all night at the Isolated camp site that night..and ended up sleeping in the car !!

:eek:

Re: two sightings ..

ruffready said:
the other in the "Angeles National forest at 11:15 at night while heading to a camp site , a string of colored lights out of the corner of my eye on my friends drivers side- going behind a hill in the high mountains., and me yelling "hey Steve!! stop the car!! ..and us turning around going to the spot and getting out at this lonely location and looking up at the sky and seeing a giant (about 200 feet in the air) cloud shaped "alien head" floating in the night sky!!!
Ruffready, did the head resemble the "smoke entity" on this site?:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Atlantis/7247/TheFaceOfTheVisitors.html

damn

close!! of course I saw it in person in a black moonless sky..it looked like that except better , clearer, with black eye sockets...but yes to your question , it did look like that (I've never seen those photo's until now either or heard of that story!! Very cool..so I'm not the only one!! It was a giant face of a "gray" just floating around a 100 or 200 feet in the air..just weird as hell looking.."steve" would never talk about it again..he would get upset anytime I mention it..so I never brought it up around him anymore ..his face would contort and he'd get visible shakin if I said , " hey remember that giant cat head we saw floating in the sky after I saw that UFO ( that night after we saw it we called it a 'cats head' because at that time ,in the late 70's neither one of us new about "grays" so a cat's head was what we liken it to..I never reported it because like I said , Steve did not want to ever talk about it again..and to this day ..things are still fuzzy..after the time we saw it and reached our camp site and the noises and the next morning..we had a loaded L.C. SMITH 12 G. Shot gun loaded in the car..I remeber that. and were pretty nervous..things it seemed were "watching " and moving about out there..but like I said ..It gets real fuzzie!!

Back